Thread: s14, M3 discs, caliper spacer brake pads options

Rides

s14, M3 discs, caliper spacer brake pads options

Hi all,

Ive been having a look around and im sure my searching powers are weak but im trying to find out what brake pad options i have with regards to running stock calipers but with M3 discs and the caliper spacer kit. Ive just put some stock pads on to get the car through MOT and on comparing the old pads with the new ones, the old ones are bigger and cover the full surface area of the disc. The new ones are stock EBC s14 brake pads. So im not sure what brake pads where on there before. Does anyone have any idea what they could be from as im looking to do some track days and want to get something decent on there.

Thanks,

Rob

Rides
    I've got exactly the same setup mate and I've just fitted some Toyota Land Cruiser pads 4.2 td 98-2003

I had to trim off the metal wear tabs and had to remove 0.2mm off each friction face by holding some 120 grit paper on a really flat surface and rubbing the pads on them

They fit the calipers perfectly you use the stock pins and Spring clips

Rides
    Top man, have you tried these on track? From the few articals ive found after seeing this info it seems they might hold up ok. Im running quite a bit more than stock power so I want something half decent.

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap.../dp41319r.html

looks like they should do the job.
    Last edited by robrex; 07-06-2016 at 17:29.

Rides
    No I've not been on track with them mate but a doubt there will be too many problems with them and there fine on the road with 360hp

I've used yellows on a different car and they felt very wooden not much feel till you have used them a bit which is not good on the road but fine on track and they destroy rotors you will be looking at changing the rotors with the pads each time

Rides
    I seem to remember db power saying the pads were dp4262r which are pads from an Aston a jaguar and a van lol but need some holes slotting and some grinding from the sides

Rides
    I've found the carbon Lorraine one's to be very good.

Rides
    Cheers mate,

Im just comparing the 2 pads and the only difference off the bat is the toyota ones are slightly taller and 2 mm thicker than the db power ones.

So you just have stock oem toyota ones? For the money i might just get the EBC oem toyota ones and give them a bash tbh.

Rides
    I've just chucked some cheapy motor factor ones in for now as I didn't want to part with big money to find out they didn't fit

I will be upgrading to something better but options are a little limited

Rides
    Cheers mate