Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bahnstormers PS13 project

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstormer View Post
    Thanks guys . As you may have guessed from the parts I've copied over, I've been running about in fast Fords for a little while and I've got to say it's nice to be back in a Nissan. Don't get me wrong, the ST and RS were both awesome cars, but there's something about S bodies that makes them so enjoyable to work on!
    Is it the huge amount of hidden rust potential or the fact that every trim clip, screw and bolt snaps as soon as you look at it?

looks like a cool project and its good to see someone using crimps and heat shrink as opposed to solder! solder is the worst

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Polofour View Post
    Is it the huge amount of hidden rust potential or the fact that every trim clip, screw and bolt snaps as soon as you look at it?

looks like a cool project and its good to see someone using crimps and heat shrink as opposed to solder! solder is the worst
    Lol, that's exactly it! Saying that, Ford are bloody awful for rust. My ST was 7 years old when I got it, it took us 8 hours to remove the standard centre section and rear box! The nuts were so rusty NOTHING would grip them, so in the end we cut the whole thing off lol.

Rides
    Gave it a clean today, ready for Bournemouth Wheels Fest tomorrow.....we'll see if it stays clean overnight lol.

Rides
    stunning car!! this shows how good they can look ha *following*
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    stunning car!! this shows how good they can look ha *following*
    Thanks! I can't really take any credit for the way it looks as it was pretty much like this when it landed

Couple of new parts arrived today First up, a freshly powder coated rear subframe - I managed to get this for £40 delivered due to the ebay listing being incorrect . As you can see, it currently has solid steel bushes fitted, but I'm going to try and remove them at the weekend so they can be replaced with something a little more friendly for a daily driver. As mentioned previously, the plan is to fit all new arms and bushes to it, then swap it over on to the car.

And a new Driftworks SuperCool (cheesy name alert) alloy radiator. There's nothing really wrong with the one on the car, except it's for an S14, so the outlet for the expansion tank faces the wrong way. I want it to be right though :lol:.

I'll also be changing the engine oil, plugs, fuel filter and oil filter this weekend too, just because I don't know when it was last done . Oh, looks like I'll be doing the front main oil seal at some point too as it's become a bit weepy and the viscous fan is throwing oil everywhere . Before I commit to that, I'll take a proper look when I take the rad and fan out (I'm only assuming it's the oil seal as from what I've read SR20 engines are known for it).

Rides
    So! Managed to get the new rad fitted at the weekend, very easy job! While I was at it, I replaced the front main oil seal too - made sense really as with the rad out there's plenty of room to work

Getting ready to remove the crank pulley:

And all back together:

The front main seal was nice and easy to swap, the most difficult part was finding the adjustment bolt for the alternator and PAS pump :lol:. I didn't get any during photos unfortunately . I took some but they all came out really blurry for some reason. I also replaced the lower shifter boot as it was split and there was some transmission fluid leaking out, so that's a few little niggly jobs done

A couple of questions:

1. Are those S14 radiator brackets?
    2. Does anyone know the best way of removing solid subframe bushes?

Rides
    drift the subframe bushes out with a long punch. Easier than oem bushes that's for sure.

Rides
    Hadn't realised how long it's been since an update lol. I'm trying to remember what's been going on!

I guess the main changes have been that the car is now running a T28 (the original T25g shat the bed and was going to cost more than it was worth to fix), Nismo 555 injectors and a Turbonoz stage 2 chip. I only finished putting it all back together yesterday, so have only been on a couple of short trips out, but its drives really nicely. Sightly laggier compared to the 25g I think, but it holds boost longer and seems to come on stronger too. And there's some nice satisfying pops and bangs lol.

I sprayed and fitted the rear spoiler and have to say I'm really pleased with how it came out

I've also collected a few bits togther to relocate the battery to the boot. I want to do this mainly because the existing battery tray is pretty shabby and will need cutting out anyway.

I was also given a standard front bumper for free as I've really grown to dislike the IG bumper that's on the car. I don't think it's actually a genuine one and the fit is pretty bad. The standard one I've been given has had the part between the indicators cut out to allow for a big FMIC. My FMIC is massive, so if there's enough room there, I plan to fit a 36" light bar in between the indicators - I live in the middle of nowhere with no street lamps, so any extra lighting I can get is a bonus lol. This will probably be sorted next year though as I need to get it painted and also see if the standard indicator wiring is still all there.

Took a quick piccie today after giving the car a wash off. Until then it had been sat under the trees for about 6 weeks so was absolutely filthy and covered in all kinds of shit lol.