Thread: Full Turbo-back Exhaust Setup Parts

Rides

Full Turbo-back Exhaust Setup Parts

I've got a freshly imported 180sx with a pretty tired looking exhaust system. It has a JDM catback Fujitsubo exhaust, the muffler is in good shape and I plan on keeping that, but I want to chuck the rest away and fit aftermarket goodies

The issue i've got is a lack of individual parts in the UK for an s13 SR20DET. Ideally i'd like;

1. Turbo Elbow
    2. Downpipe
    3. Midpipe with de-cat (Or just straight pipe) that bolts up to my Fujitsubo box.

What priority would anyone put on these three? Like which is worth spending the most money on? I can get pretty cheap Ebay turbo elbows (etc. Japspee~£50) but i'm a bit skeptical of their quality, having said that Tomei ones are pricy (~£170!) and there doesn't seem to be a middle option. Same story with downpipes; can go pricy (Greddy MX ~£130 mmmm) or cheap Ebay.
    Finally I can't find any whole straight throughmid-pipes, only seem to get individual short de-cat's, again Ebay.

Point me in the right direction fellas!

SXOC Trader - Walton Motorsport walton_motorsport's Avatar
    Rides
    A little biased but would you not be better just going and having a custom exhaust made? rather than messing around with bits and bobs to try and make a complete system?

Rides
    Lack of parts for a 180sx isn't a problem for me. All the bits you've mentioned should be easily available except for possibly the exhaust without a bolt in de-cat but I have no clue on that because I've not needed one. What else you struggling to find?
    I bought a japspeed elbow and twin low. Twin low was good quality. Elbow had a pretty poor flange but my mates was spot on. I should of sent mine back but needed the car on the road. A year plus later and it's still mint.

Rides
    Ah well, good to hear Japspeed elbow & twin low are decent, may get them. I get that they are available there's just practically nothing other than unbranded Ebay, Japspeed or v. pricy stuff. Few more downpipes available which is good, may end up going Greddy.
    Guess the most elusive part is something like this 'midpipe' (only one I could find)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JapanDyno-...0AAOSwpdpVZTSs

Rides
    Obviously it's entirely up to you but I wouldn't be so worried about trying to avoid a section without a cat pipe, it makes life easier if you ever can't get an mot due to emissions (year dependent of course) plus there's no benefit performance wise. Plus if the exhaust is too loud you can easily add a silencer in where the cat should be.

The other thing to note that you may already be aware of is that the S14 & S14a exhaust systems from turbo back are different. From memory the elbows vary in length and the cats are definitely different lengths 345 (14a) & 315mm (s14) I believe. Do some research on here. Most of this stuff has been covered.

The 180sx has a few quirks that are different and hard to find info for (mainly wiring) but for the most part it's easy to find someone who has had the same issues.

Rides
    I'd have a word with Walton Motorsport above and see about getting something custom.

From what I've seen fitment on the cheap stuff is a bit hit and miss.