Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New top gear (Chris Evans One)

Rides
    What a load of shit!

Bring on the grand tour!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ben8000 View Post
    Is Chris Harris just doing the extra gear stuff or is he going to be in the main show as well?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    This months TG magazine says he'll be testing the Aston Vulcan in Abu Dhabi at some point. Rory Reid will be doing a road test of the sanitised Mustang so the pair of them aren't confined to Extra Gear
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    I haven't watched it yet, but when even the BBC are reporting it sucks, kinda doesn't bode well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
    This months TG magazine says he'll be testing the Aston Vulcan in Abu Dhabi at some point. Rory Reid will be doing a road test of the sanitised Mustang so the pair of them aren't confined to Extra Gear
    Ah good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    The whole show was cringe worthy for me. No funny moments at all. I'm not bothering with it any more.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Put Evans on extra gear and move the other two over to top gear.

Rides
    I didn't think it was that bad TBH.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Fcukin' 'ell Arry ! Are you sure you didn't tune into a re-run on Dave by mistake ?

It was everything that was contrived and getting tired and samey as the old lot but with added frantic Evans buzz.

Old Top Gear meets TFI Friday.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    You were watching earlier series repeats on Dave wernt you?

Rides
    I'm going to reserve judgment on TG until the end of the series, think its only fair to give it more than one episode to have a proper say. last nights show wasn't the greatest but I'm sure I've seen a couple old episodes which were worse. still a lot better than most of the shite on telly at that time on a sunday night lets be honest.

Rides
    I didn't hate it. It felt like it had more to give. The only bit I really hated was star in car but that's nothing new for me.

CE could do with winding it in and being a bit more natural but I quite liked MLB to camera pieces and SS dropping Top Gun lines was quite funny.

Rides
    It had more to give like my rectum has when i have had a massive guiness sesh the night before along with one of those hot currys you know is removing the lining from your colon.

Thats what i expect it will give...

Rides
    The only way is up

Rides
    If Chris Evans spent less time trying to be Clarkson II and stopped shouting it would be passable. They should really have taken the opportunity to change things up a bit more. I thought Le Blanc was pretty good.

Rides
    Just get rid of Chris Evans and get a more sarcastic host with charisma and it would be good.
    Matt la joey was awsome. I thought star in car was a lot betterer.

Chris evens was like the shouty drunk guy that's starts to annoy everyone and ultimately ruins the party for everyone.

The audience didn't react to his Un funny jokes and quips and he had no chemistry with his fellow presenters.

I say a get rid of Chris look at that heed Evans petition is needed.

Will watch again be cus le blanc.

Rides
    I just cant believe they thought they could just carry on with the old format and stick new presenters in and it would work? I thought by sticking Evans in he would come up with a new format that was his own, instead they have used him as a Clarkson clone. References to the old show made me cringe as did the 'we got the stig' bit. Evans tried to review the Viper like he was Clarkson and fell flat on his face. I liked Matt, seemed much more natural and relaxed. Pretty gutted so far as I was hoping for a new show but now we will have 2 the same and one will be miles better than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    4.3Mil figures for last night, thats abysmal even considering its a bank hol weekend with nice weather.
    Evans said he would be disappointed with sub 5M, well he will be really happy with closer to 4....

Next week loose 250k, then sub 4Mil for week ending up at about 3.2Mil per show at the end of the run.

Poor...
    How is that abysmal? It was the second highest watched program across every UK channel for that day?

It's also significantly higher when compared like for like with the old new top gear?!?

Saying those figures are abysmal is just whatever the opposite of fan boy is???
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Yeah i see the BBC spin machine is running it as ok.
    Evans himself said he would be disappointed with sub5M, with a peek of 4.7 and an average of 4.4 its a big delivery of fail especially with the press it has around it.

Ok it was a bank holiday weekend and all channels were down but still the BBC decided to open it that day and the figures are much much lower than the average for last season and a mil down on the final ever TG which was a mashup of two incomplete broadcasts without clarkson. If this continues then it really is a massive fail.

TG prob should have been rested for a few years to be honest.

Rides
    So, having given up after 30 minutes then reading the comments on here, I went back and watched the 2nd 30 minutes.

The feature on the Nomad was good because it told you something about the car, the chase was obviously staged but quite funny but mostly because it allowed MLB to show a little personality. The rest of the show seemed to be based around letting Chris Evans show his personality disorder.

IMO, Evans made the mistake of approaching the show as a presenter instead of approaching it as a car lover. I reckon Phil Glenister would have made a better job of heading it up as he doesn't take himself too seriously and is capable of building chemistry with other presenters.

The format of the Star in a purpose built car was probably better but the stars ???? Opening with two minor celebs that didn't even know each other ?

It all just smacked of trying to make the old formula work without the 3 presenters. All aboard the fail bus...

Rides
    I think 4.4 or 4.7 was a decent attempt for a new series first show.

See what the figures are like by the end of series 1. TopGear seems to attract people who want to moan about it but still watch it.

I can not see how it can be classed as a fail with those viewing figures, yes it didn't set the world alight, but they are entirely decent figures.

I'm no big Chris Evans either, yes I like his breakfast radio show, but don't really bother with his other tv work.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13