Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Whatever the motivation, shocking beyond words, unimaginable pain for husband and young kids

If this is the future of Western democracy, dominated by the hard left and hard right, I want to go live on a desert island

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Reports the guy that shot her shouted 'Britain First'. I think it's probably a combination of both.

this ^ obviously someone very unstable but thought leaving the eu was worth killing her for..

Rides
    Might not have anything to to with politics, the chap might just have been a nutter.

A very sad state of affairs all round though.

Rides
    genuinely feel bad for Jo's family, only young lass herself, seemed like a genuinely nice all round person to me.

Rides
    If the reports of the Britain First shouts are true, it's a very sad state of affairs. We all bang on about the need to understand radicalisation of Islam, but we should also try to understand the radicalisation of people in to right wing groups.

Still shocked by this news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Actually lost for words Killed for having an opinion and not even an extreme opinion, have we gone back to 1066 or something ?

Well it seems Farage has the violence on the street that he wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Reports the guy that shot her shouted 'Britain First'. I think it's probably a combination of both.
    Well it's disputed: https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/7...453504/video/1

It's also reported that she got involved in a disturbance between the killer and another man, so it's just as likely this was not at all politically motivated. Either way the guys is clearly a nut case.

Rides
    Daily Star are already calling him "Brexit Gunman"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Well it's disputed: https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/7...453504/video/1

It's also reported that she got involved in a disturbance between the killer and another man, so it's just as likely this was not at all politically motivated. Either way the guys is clearly a nut case.

the killer stabbed a 77 year old man that was trying to help Jo from what I've read

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Daily Star are already calling him "Brexit Gunman"
    Well that's calm and rational reporting... bit like the Guardian calling all "leave" supports xenophobes and racists..
    The man had a long history of mental illness which is a more likely explanation for his actions imho.

Mental health issues - http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Oakwel...s.-a0227735906

Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    the killer stabbed a 77 year old man that was trying to help Jo from what I've read
    Quite possibly, but there are reports he was in a disturbance with another person first, but who knows for sure what was in his head.

"Eyewitness Hithem Ben Abdallah, 56, was in a cafe next door to the library shortly after 13:00 BST when he heard screaming and went outside.
    "There was a guy who was being very brave and another guy with a white baseball cap who he was trying to control and the man in the baseball cap suddenly pulled a gun from his bag." After a brief scuffle, he said the man stepped back and the MP became involved."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36550304

http://www.lbc.co.uk/jo-cox-witness-...n-first-132375
    Last edited by jimbo; 17-06-2016 at 11:32.

Rides
    With the problem of stopping the immigrants coming in via Republic of Ireland once we have left, I propose that we build a wall, a Great Wall and Make Ireland pay for it. They can use an EU infrastructure grant to fund it!

Rides
    Well that's calm and rational reporting... bit like the Guardian calling all "leave" supports xenophobes and racists..
    The man had a long history of mental illness which is a more likely explanation for his actions imho.

Mental health issues - [url]http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Oakwell+Hall+thriving+with+help+of+volunteers.-a0227735906
    And I can just see Trump saying Gun control did not prevent this from happening

Rides
    With the problem of stopping the immigrants coming in via Republic of Ireland once we have left, I propose that we build a wall, a Great Wall and Make Ireland pay for it. They can use an EU infrastructure grant to fund it!
    They'll have to get into the ROI first as it's not part of Schengen - so they'll be the ROIs problem.

Rides
    They'll have to get into the ROI first as it's not part of Schengen - so they'll be the ROIs problem.
    ROI won't stop EU citizens from coming. The Wall is a much better idea

Rides
    A wall with machine guns and mines, has anyone done one of these before?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides

"Eyewitness Hithem Ben Abdallah, 56, was in a cafe next door to the library shortly after 13:00 BST when he heard screaming and went outside.
    "There was a guy who was being very brave and another guy with a white baseball cap who he was trying to control and the man in the baseball cap suddenly pulled a gun from his bag." After a brief scuffle, he said the man stepped back and the MP became involved."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36550304

http://www.lbc.co.uk/jo-cox-witness-...n-first-132375
    Come on now... that mans name is far to close to a terrorist style name.... his eye witness testimony will be struck from the record....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    A wall with machine guns and mines, has anyone done one of these before?
    North Korea?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Acehole_Rimmer
    Local here, street away from the murderer and down the road from the amazing Jo Coxs surgery.
    Sadden and shocked. I know it's trotted out on every one of these horrific incidents but the man was genuinely a loner who was batshit mad.
    He used to go to a mental health course thing that really helped him a year or so ago, after the elections it got discontinued and he sort of blamed her for it. Felt she was giving too much to Europe & everywhere but locally (her amazing Syria & anti-slavery work etc) which is just completely incorrect. She cared a great deal about her constituency and she walked around Birstall as a local, not a shipped in MP. He was a lunatic with a grudge and that is a dangerous combo.
    A shocking day we won't forget. I can't imagine what her husband and kids are going through. My heart bleeds for them.
    If we have more people like Jo Cox in the world will be a different place in 100 years. Take a leaf from her book in your forward steps. Rest in peace.

He spent months resenting her apparently according to the estate grapevine. I didn't know him personally but knew off him and saw him occasionally. Not a drinker or a lout like so many here, but he did seem a bit of an oddball. Very reserved.
    After the incident he calmly walked to the bus stop and sat down. He normally walks back up Field Head lane hill but to "make a quick getaway" he waited for a bus before panicking and venturing further afield on foot before being stopped. I think that speaks volumes about his state of mind.
    https://www.reddit.com/user/Acehole_Rimmer

Rides
    North Korea?

Was thinking more the big one the Hoff took down in Germany all those years ago.

Rides
    Well the Germans do have experience, so Ireland could sub contract it to The Germans, who could then get some Geordies to build it