Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    I normally can't stand the Left Wing Owen Jones, but in one of his YouTube videos he makes a very important point. Workers rights are from EU Law. If we were to leave, to retain those rights, new laws would need to be created. Would it be high on the list of priorities of Prime Minister Boris?

You have to love YouTube.. when I watched the video (SPOLIER ALERT Owen thinks we should remain) it was preceded by a Vote Leave advert

Edit: Oh it is YouTube being inpartial

Rides
    tbh, I don't think anyone has enough information , but generally a decent amount of us can make the best choice we believe with what we have available.

the problem lies in 50% of the country not even have any sort of information, throwing around stupid remarks, about things like everyone's said is not actually useful information, the papers/news/pm have all made this into a shit slinging competition, and most of us haven't actually been told reasonable information about what each choice will likely bring.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I normally can't stand the Left Wing Owen Jones, but in one of his YouTube videos he makes a very important point. Workers rights are from EU Law.
    No they don't.

Andrew Neill v Hilary Benn on this (4m 25sec on):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3HoLIdxw08

He's about the only interviewer worth watching at the moment.

On the "Boris will be PM" - when Cameron stands down (in 2019/20) then it'll be down to the Conservate party to select a leader (I recon on Teresa May or Jacob Rees-Mogg), then it'll be an election. So exit in no way guarentees a Boris pm. In fact given the devision in the Tories at the moment Corbyn is probably in a pretty good place to win!
    Last edited by jimbo; 16-06-2016 at 09:25.

Rides
    don't start me on corbyn, the guys a freaking moron, he thinks he some political left winger that knows what the people want, sorry but no, he's a tosser.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    don't start me on corbyn, the guys a freaking moron, he thinks he some political left winger that knows what the people want, sorry but no, he's a tosser.
    I completely agree with this, i'm sick of people sharing his shite all over facebook.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    I completely agree with this, i'm sick of people sharing his shite all over facebook.

people seem to think he's some kind of rebel overlord that knows what the people want.

no. he's spouts shot about maggie and how we should have done this or that.

but the guy has no clue what so ever. whenever he talks I feel like I'm looking at an oap that did a lot of lsd years ago, he's in his own world. if he became PM some how, I would honestly leave this ****ing country, we would be ruined.

Rides
    Corbyn is a proper fanny, however he should stay in his job for as long as his wee ticker keeps going as he is doing a splendid job of keeping the red monkeys out of power.

Rides
    Good government only comes with Good opposition. Corbyn seems to be stuck on student politics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Corbyn is a proper fanny, however he should stay in his job for as long as his wee ticker keeps going as he is doing a splendid job of keeping the red monkeys out of power.
    Thing is the more labour flounder the more UKIP grow, its how the SNP took over Scotland and if they dont pull their socks up we could end up having Farage as PM
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Thing is the more labour flounder the more UKIP grow, its how the SNP took over Scotland and if they dont pull their socks up we could end up having Farage as PM
    He'd have to get elected as an MP first, something he has failed dismally at

Rides
    UK unemployment is pretty much as low as it can go, I fail to see how "uncontrolled immigration" and "red tape" is destroying jobs? Anyone? Some people want a return to the 1970s with a falling population and 3 day week

Leavers got all excited about James Dyson coming out for Brexit but his main argument was he wanted to relax non-EU migration. All his overpriced products are made in the Far-East now so why is he giving lectures on British exports?

The Times has backed remain and rumoured the Mail on Sunday will. Even Jeremy Clarkson and James May are campaigning for remain today, that's got to have a few of you conflicted

From the opinion polls:

* 2/3rds of leavers want the Norway option with single market access = Paying into the EU and freedom of movement
    * 2/3rds of leavers still refuse to accept that (even with the downsides) immigration of workers boosts the economy

Hard not to conclude that a lot of leavers don't know what they're voting for, it's just a protest that they don't have a nicer wife/car/house/TV and it's all the EU's fault...

Yes there are specific areas where leaving the EU might help but it's nowhere near worth throwing half our economy up in the air and hoping it lands in one piece.

If we do leave there's no way Boris et al can possibly deliver on what they've promised so public trust in politicians will sink even lower.

Rides

WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    UK unemployment is pretty much as low as it can go, I fail to see how "uncontrolled immigration" and "red tape" is destroying jobs? Anyone? Some people want a return to the 1970s with a falling population and 3 day week

Leavers got all excited about James Dyson coming out for Brexit but his main argument was he wanted to relax non-EU migration. All his overpriced products are made in the Far-East now so why is he giving lectures on British exports?

The Times has backed remain and rumoured the Mail on Sunday will. Even Jeremy Clarkson and James May are campaigning for remain today, that's got to have a few of you conflicted

From the opinion polls:

* 2/3rds of leavers want the Norway option with single market access = Paying into the EU and freedom of movement
    * 2/3rds of leavers still refuse to accept that (even with the downsides) immigration of workers boosts the economy

Hard not to conclude that a lot of leavers don't know what they're voting for, it's just a protest that they don't have a nicer wife/car/house/TV and it's all the EU's fault...

Yes there are specific areas where leaving the EU might help but it's nowhere near worth throwing half our economy up in the air and hoping it lands in one piece.

If we do leave there's no way Boris et al can possibly deliver on what they've promised so public trust in politicians will sink even lower.
    ^^^This

The leave campaign are making promises that they know they cannot keep. Flippant attitudes claiming Britain would still have access to the single market without contributing are lies at best. Sure the EU would want to trade with Britain, but in a manner that it considers fair to its member states. They wouldn't care nameplate Britain being able to effectively undercut their own members by the very method that Britain does not contribute to the pot.

Also the claim that we would take back control of the borders was ripped apart by Alistair Campbell last night. We would still maintain the "Common travel area" of UK and Ireland, but the Republic of Ireland is an EU Member State. All a migrant would need to do is fly in to Dublin, then they would be free to travel anywhere in the UK. This would be a gaping hole in the security that Brexit promises to provide.

Here's quite a good article about the European "British Question"
    http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/1...6.2015.1044425

Rides
    All I hear is 'EU migrants are crippling this country' even though for 2014 we let in more non EU migrants. Therefore even if we bring in tighter borders the chances are the same amount of people will still come in from the EU
    Mark is right.

Rides
    You watch its will be "to close to call" even if out vote wins by say 5% as its pretty much split. Roll on the "Wrong question at the wrong time" routine from the 70s

Rides
    Isnt it right though that no matter what the outcome the Government can do the opposite?
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Shooting of an MP in the street by an apparent far-right nut job puts things in perspective Reminder than politics isn't just old men in Westminster shouting at each other.

Rides
    Shooting of an MP in the street by an apparent far-right nut job puts things in perspective Reminder than politics isn't just old men in Westminster shouting at each other.
    Argument is getting out of hand now

Rides

genuinely feel bad for that jo , no one deserves to be attacked like that, what kind of ****wit would stab a mother over her saying it's a bad idea to leave the EU.

unfortunately she just died, so now we literally have people dying over if we should leave or not.

I know nut jobs are nut jobs, but to shoot a women 3 times, then ****ing stab them is just out of this world.

had a discussion with my boss earlier, mid sixties woman, her words were "we should leave because we can just trade with the rest of the world and be a great nation once more "

Rides
    Was she stabbed because of her views or was the guy a nutter?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    Was she stabbed because of her views or was the guy a nutter?
    Reports the guy that shot her shouted 'Britain First'. I think it's probably a combination of both.