Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1381

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Oh give over. You’re not even trying to address my points properly. We are talking about the General Election. Not the referendum at the moment. There is no majority of the vote share for the Tory party. Simple as that.

No response to quoting 3 year old articles.

There is no project fear. There is simply observations and positions made by people who understand the effects of a No Deal Brexit on their business. And it’s more relevant today than ever as we are now closer to and more likely to exit the transition period without a deal. If ever they needed to scream louder at the Government it was now.

The pound didn’t go up briefly because Corbyn didn’t get in. It went up because of the chance of certainty with the Government direction. And promptly tanked on the news that Johnson was legislating a hard stop to negotiations.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Oh give over. You’re not even trying to address my points properly. We are talking about the General Election. Not the referendum at the moment. There is no majority of the vote share for the Tory party. Simple as that.

No response to quoting 3 year old articles.

There is no project fear. There is simply observations and positions made by people who understand the effects of a No Deal Brexit on their business. And it’s more relevant today than ever as we are now closer to and more likely to exit the transition period without a deal. If ever they needed to scream louder at the Government it was now.

The pound didn’t go up briefly because Corbyn didn’t get in. It went up because of the chance of certainty with the Government direction. And promptly tanked on the news that Johnson was legislating a hard stop to negotiations.
    Your left wing propaganda is just boring nonsense.

The people gave the Torys their biggest majority in decades, no deal Brexit has to be on the table for us to get a good deal from the EU, fortunately people like yourself will no longer be able to undermine our government, you and project fear are irrelevant hardly anyone was listening before the referendum and even less people are listening to you now, the leave campaign probably would not have won the referendum and the Torys would not have got their huge majority without project fear and people like you, so keep up the good work

Remoaners are so out of touch they still can't understand what went wrong

Why should anyone trust your judgement when you voted for Corbyn, if you believed that Liebour manifesto nonsense you will believe anything.

The markets have always been aware of the new governments Brexit plan.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 23-12-2019 at 08:36.

Rides
    Are you not answering questions because you can’t formulate sensible answers?

I’m not spreading propaganda. I’m just picking up on and repeating the news. You can’t simply dismiss demonstrable facts that you don’t like as propaganda and feel like you’ve made a point

So again, do you at least accept that most of the major employers in the U.K. think no deal will be bad for the U.K.? And do you accept that while the Tory’s have a majority in the house, they don’t have a majority of the country by population supporting them?

Rides
    Oh, and can I just also add that Johnson’s own Government report (albeit his last one) clearly showed that his previous, amended and less aggressive deal agreed with the EU was already going to significantly damage U.K. economic growth and wages.

Is that lefty propaganda? Because that came from the most right wing Government we’ve had in a long time, possibly ever.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Yes I did, and I addressed it, I suggest you read my post again and if you can't comprehend it get someone to read it for you that can.

Here you go, you should pay particular attention to the bit that says having a second referendum wasn't very popular:
    Quotes entire post when it still doesnt answer the question, claims that election was won and lost on Brexit but a second referendum wasnt very popular.

Youre deluded mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Why should anyone trust your judgement when you voted for Corbyn, if you believed that Liebour manifesto nonsense you will believe anything.

The markets have always been aware of the new governments Brexit plan.
    You need to stop editing in points after we have replied.

I didn’t vote for Corbyn. I voted for Genevieve Kitchen in my constituency. And I used that vote tactically because while I accepted the Government would be Tory, having a slim majority would hold it accountable.

The ‘markets’ also definitely did not know the ‘Brexit Plan’. If they did, we wouldn’t have seen the reactions in the currency markets.

Honestly, you are just talking drivel now. You’re not addressing anything you’re challenged with. It’s like you studied at the school of Johnson because you just deflect, don’t answer or change the topic. Answer a question.

Rides
    You need to stop editing in points after we have replied.

I didn’t vote for Corbyn. I voted for Genevieve Kitchen in my constituency. And I used that vote tactically because while I accepted the Government would be Tory, having a slim majority would hold it accountable.

The ‘markets’ also definitely did not know the ‘Brexit Plan’. If they did, we wouldn’t have seen the reactions in the currency markets.

Honestly, you are just talking drivel now. You’re not addressing anything you’re challenged with. It’s like you studied at the school of Johnson because you just deflect, don’t answer or change the topic. Answer a question.
    There is no point in me wasting my time having a debate with someone who doesn't understand how our political system works.

MRS Kitchen stood for Liebour so a vote for her is a vote for Corbyn.

My ex local MP Anna Soubry was very much like you, she was a remoaning lefty who didn't understand how it worked, she came third to the Tory candidate Darren Henry who wasn't even local and still got a massive majority over the Liebour candidate who is a local business owner and a governor at the local school.

My constituency has voted the same way as the nation for decades so who ever wins here wins the general election.
    Most people vote for the party, and the leader, Brexit and Corbyn won the Torys their massive land slide in this election.

Rides
    Oh the irony in being accused of not understanding how the political system works only to have you fall flat on your face with more assumptions and assertions.

Let me spell it out for you because unfortunately you think you’re clever and honestly you’re just not. You’ve wholesale bought into the right wing stance of reciting sound bites, avoiding questions and disregarding any facts that’s don’t make your case as ‘lefty propaganda’. If you even tried to be honest in this discussion you’d have been rolled over by now. Not that you haven’t by pretty much everyone.

But anyway, the simplified explanation.

I was under no illusion that the Conservatives would win the GE. However I wanted to reduce their majority. So I voted for my Labour candidate. No poll had Labour finishing first so it was not a vote for Labour being a vote for JC.

If at some point you could address my questions about the majority of U.K. business opinion and my point that a majority in the house doesn’t represent a majority of the electorate, that would be swell.

Rides
    I can’t remember a thread this funny for ages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Oh the irony in being accused of not understanding how the political system works only to have you fall flat on your face with more assumptions and assertions.

Let me spell it out for you because unfortunately you think you’re clever and honestly you’re just not. You’ve wholesale bought into the right wing stance of reciting sound bites, avoiding questions and disregarding any facts that’s don’t make your case as ‘lefty propaganda’. If you even tried to be honest in this discussion you’d have been rolled over by now. Not that you haven’t by pretty much everyone.

But anyway, the simplified explanation.

I was under no illusion that the Conservatives would win the GE. However I wanted to reduce their majority. So I voted for my Labour candidate. No poll had Labour finishing first so it was not a vote for Labour being a vote for JC.

If at some point you could address my questions about the majority of U.K. business opinion and my point that a majority in the house doesn’t represent a majority of the electorate, that would be swell.

Please make me aware of any assumptions and assertions I have made.

These are the facts regarding the recent general election:

More people voted for the Conservatives than any other party in the recent general election.

Prime minister BJ could not get his BREXIT deal through parliament as he didn't have the numbers.

The Conservatives won their largest majority in over 30 years, the Liebour party had their worst defeat in over 80 years.

The Conservatives can now get Brexit done.

44% of British trade in goods and services went to the EU, 56% which is the majority of British trade wasn't with the EU, we will have a trading advantage when we are out of the EU protectionism.

I'm not aware of any national referendum on business opinion regarding trade with the EU so I don't see how your claim about UK business opinion can be comprehensively factually correct.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

Your point that the majority in the house doesn't represent the majority of the electorate is irrelevant, we have a FPTP system, the Conservatives won, I have nothing against anyone starting a campaign for the proportional representation voting system again, but to try and apply the results of our FPTP system to a PR system is nonsense.

Remoaners are not able to understand the concept of enacting the first vote before having another one as democratic, they just want another vote and for that vote to stop us from leaving the EU, they will always find something to moan about.

Remoaners need to move forward and accept the result and possibly start up a campaign for us joining the EU after we have left.

I'm sorry I couldn't make you swell ?

Rides
    Yes, more people voted for the conservatives than any other party. I haven’t argued that. My point is that more people voted NOT to have a Conservative Government than voted FOR a conservative Government. Plus, the system is so broken that the conservatives have a disproportionately large majority in the house compared to their share of the electorate votes.

So it’s not at all fair to say the government represents the people.

Johnson DID get his withdrawal agreement through parliament, into second reading. It was HIS CHOICE to scrap it by going for a GE.

The BCC, who represent major U.K. businesses made their members / survey results clear. Check the highlights here

https://www.britishchambers.org.uk/m...nfographic.pdf

And again, there is nothing in the definition of democracy that requires the execution of one referendum result before another can be held.

Rides
    To be fair though, I honestly believe that was a very constructive and reasonable post at last.
    At least we are disagreeing about principles now and not stuff that’s demonstrable.

Rides
    Most intelligent people I know can read Ash.
    I am intelligent. I was a Latin scholar and about to take my test for Mensa. Your spelling suggests you aren’t as intelligent as you want everyone else to think.

And answer the bloody questions .... you should have run for Parliament. Most politicians refuse to answer a question

Rides

Rides
    It will be good to test qualifications, but it’s neither new news nor Johnson’s idea. It appeared on Cummings’ blog earlier this week. Including a gmail account rather than an official email for No.10.

Rides
    Agreed, It will be good to get rid of all of the remoaning europhile civil servants, just set an exam that they can't pass

DC will be able to undo 22 years of Liebour bureaucracy and get rid of all the s***.
    Next stop is the supreme court and then the BBC along with channel four.

Drain the swamp !
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 05-01-2020 at 15:00.

Rides
    You do realise the author has no foibles .... used to work for the “Left” Guardian and then went to the Express

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    You do realise the author has no foibles .... used to work for the “Left” Guardian and then went to the Express

Obviously an intelligent person, she has been able to foresee what is going to happen to the liberal left.

Drain the swamp !

Rides
    How can you expect people to think you have anywhere near a balanced view if you make comments like that, setting exams people can’t pass and what, purging media you don’t agree with?

Rides
    Obviously an intelligent person, she has been able to foresee what is going to happen to the liberal left.

Drain the swamp !
    You do realise....

“She” was a man

So tells the loony right wing intelligence .... bwahahahahaa

His name was Lyman Frank Baum

Don’t ever tell anyone you are educated. You aren’t!