Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1381

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Because it’s derogatory? And we’re trying to keep the discussion polite.
    This country is getting more like America. Too Lazy to say September the 11th, so just shorten their worst Terror attack to 9/11 and we call the EU referendum result ‘Brexit’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    The Tory's slogan was "get Brexit done"

I don't think Liebour had a slogan it was more like " we will have a second referendum with remain light and remain hard on the ballot paper, and then we will campaign against remain light.

The Unliberal Undemocrats slogan was " stop Brexit "

Having a second referendum wasn't very popular because many people believed it was undemocratic.

Mays deal wasn't Brexit it was more like remain light.

Generally politicians say what the public want to hear during an election, its the same old story every time but nothing changes.

I believe the election was a good thing for politics and democracy, a lot of MP's who went against their party and constituents lost their jobs, this in my opinion is the best outcome as MP's should serve the people who elected them.
    You have finally got it. They should serve their constituents

Don’t believe the Tory hype. Jacob Reece Mog wants Brexit because he has Millions from his family. He has only been an MP since 2010 but struts around like he owns the party

My thoughts, Brexit will end up destroying the UK.

Sinn Fein are out of Northern Ireland, we all know how that ends

Politics is complex. Brexit May be good for you, but it’s bad for others

My advice,
    Move your pension to an APAC scheme the UK financial services is going to be heavily hit

Rides
    This is an interesting article for anyone thinking Johnson is running the Conservatives

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...eporting-story

I’d draw your attention to these lines:

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has said the military will have to "cut its cloth to meet its ambitions".

And he confirmed that he had had a meeting with Boris Johnson's adviser Dominic Cummings about improving the way the MoD spends its money.

Asked about reports that Mr Cummings wants to overhaul defence procurement, Mr Wallace said the adviser was full of "amazing ideas where he has spotted loads of improvement in infrastructure and technology procurement".
    I would point out that DC has been heavily opposed to the way the U.K conducts its defence spending and made a massive deal of it on the vote leave campaign. Despite holding no public office and now being a bureaucrat.

Oh, and he is unelected.
    Last edited by piman2k; 20-12-2019 at 11:27.

Rides
    This is an interesting article for anyone thinking Johnson is running the Conservatives

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...eporting-story

I’d draw your attention to these lines:

I would point out that DC has been heavily opposed to the way the U.K conducts its defence spending and made a massive deal of it on the vote leave campaign. Despite holding no public office and now being a bureaucrat.

Oh, and he is unelected.
    But the UK as a main member of NATO has a duty to spend 2% of GDP on Defence. Corbyn as a CND activist and the Scottish Fish woman (Sturgeon) wanted to remove Trident FFS

Rides
    It’s more the irony that he’s an unelected bureaucrat being paid £100k a year by a government selling itself on getting out of an organisation apparently run by unelected bureaucrats that has tickled me

Rides
    It’s more the irony that he’s an unelected bureaucrat being paid £100k a year by a government selling itself on getting out of an organisation apparently run by unelected bureaucrats that has tickled me
    He get paid £100K? That’s more than an MP’s salary

Rides
    Yep. He’s being paid just under £100k a year.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-21/...age-uk-salary/

Rides
    Yep. He’s being paid just under £100k a year.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-21/...age-uk-salary/
    I need to be a civil servant

Rides
    He’s not a civil servant. He’s a special advisor.

He influences policy. Like a bureaucrat. And isn’t elected.

The irony.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    The Tory's slogan was "get Brexit done"
    Did you notice the question I asked a the start of that post? Why not just have a referendum then? Why have an election over a single policy?

The fact that within a week we have two unelected cabinet members, one of whom actually lost his seat pretty much kills off any arguments about democracy or the will of the people, its a disgusting abuse of power just like the No Deal brexit we are now inevitably going to have will be. And nobody voted for No Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Did you notice the question I asked a the start of that post? Why not just have a referendum then? Why have an election over a single policy?

The fact that within a week we have two unelected cabinet members, one of whom actually lost his seat pretty much kills off any arguments about democracy or the will of the people, its a disgusting abuse of power just like the No Deal brexit we are now inevitably going to have will be. And nobody voted for No Deal.
    Yes I did, and I addressed it, I suggest you read my post again and if you can't comprehend it get someone to read it for you that can.

Here you go, you should pay particular attention to the bit that says having a second referendum wasn't very popular:

The Tory's slogan was "get Brexit done"*

I don't think Liebour had a slogan it was more like " we will have a second referendum with remain light and remain hard on the ballot paper, and then we will campaign against remain light.

The Unliberal Undemocrats slogan was " stop Brexit "

Having a second referendum wasn't very popular because many people believed it was undemocratic.

Mays deal wasn't Brexit it was more like remain light.

Generally politicians say what the public want to hear during an election, its the same old story every time but nothing changes.

I believe the election was a good thing for politics and democracy, a lot of MP's who went against their party and constituents lost their jobs, this in my opinion is the best outcome as MP's should serve the people who elected them.

How do you know what people voted for?

My interpretation of leaving the EU is what the remoaners call a No deal Brexit, the people have given the conservatives one of their biggest majoritys in decades so it would appear they agree with me.

If you don't like the result of the general election or if you are unhappy with how our democracy works start a campaign for PR like pin man and waste your vote on the Liebour party
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 22-12-2019 at 16:44.

Rides
    What’s interesting there is you appear to support the FPTP system (I guess because you believe you got your way) but even YOU recognise that a vote not for the winning party is a vote wasted. How can the system accurately represent the will of the electorate if ANY vote is allowed to be wasted?

‘The people’ haven’t given anything. 45% of the electorate voted in the Tory’s, meaning 55% of the electorate didn’t. To pretend otherwise is dishonest. It’s only this antiquated and broken election system that means the Tory’s take control of the house.

And re: no deal, do you at least accept that the overwhelming majority of mass employers and key central industries all appear to hold the position that a No Deal will be catastrophic for the U.K.? Hopefully you can at least see that.

For the record, again, I am a moderate Conservative who voted Labour in an effort to vote tactically. I’m not a Labour man.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I am genuinely shocked that so many people think brexit or Tory’s or BJ are good for this country. None of us on this forum as far as I am aware are part of the ruling elite so why on earth do you support this rich get richer ideology? Better red than dead someone mentioned in a post above, wtf?? was said uncle lord of the f*****g manor??

No deal and or brexit is only good for the rich. End of.

The referendum was a stupid idea, to put to that decision in the hands of the public was dumb because 99% of us are NOT ECONOMISTS. This whole situation is absurd. It’s literally the blind leading the blind right now.

There is no democracy, we are misled by a bunch of lying rich Etonians and vote for a 5 year dictatorship.

We had a real chance with Corbin, possibly the first real potential PM who actually gave a f**k and guess what, the corporate owned media twisted things to let BJ that massive gapping prolapsed a*****e into power.

I am sickened by it all. The Tory party are for the ruling elite and don’t care about the real people who pay 20% tax.

Corbyn was going to tax the corporations fairly and correctly. The Tory’s are nothing but the corporations whores who will let them frack, pay no tax and rip us off until we are on our knees. Urg rant over.

I can understand what your saying, but I disagree.

We live in a capitalist system, both Liebour and Conservative serve the rich.

Let's look at the facts:

Last time Liebour were in they reignited a huge conflict in the middle east which has killed millions and is still going on to this day. (Benifits the rich)

They allowed the rich to introduce zero hour contracts. ( Benifits the rich)

Car tax went up. ( keeps poor people off the road )

Property prices tripled. ( Benifits the rich )

They let millions of unskilled cheap labour come in from the EU without a cap. ( Benifits the rich and shafts the entire working class )

They nearly bankrupted the country, then decided to bail the banks out with our money. ( Directly gave poor peoples money to the rich)

Corbyn's Labour party is no different, they say one thing and the opposite happens, for example they said they would honour the EU referendum bit did the opposite.

The unions work for the rich now, they have done since Thatcher ruined them back in the eighties, there is no way Corbyn would be allowed to tax the big corporations, and the rich would just simply ***k off leaving us normal working people to foot the bill for more Liebour incompetence.

Corbyn is a Euro skeptic but for some reason did not stand up for what he believes in.

You have the likes of Emily Thornberry and Tom Watson and the unions, I know Watson has just left his seat because he seen what was coming, but these people and people like them are the ones who really run the Liebour party and these people most certainly do not represent the working classes in my opinion.

I'm sure they are lovely people and mean well, but some of them dont even know how to put their shoes on, how can they be trusted to run the country.

Rides
    Leon.

If you can’t be bothered to spell Labour correctly. Stop posting, I gave you a chance to act intelligent. Don’t diss Doc because he is more intelligent than you could wish for

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Leon.

If you can’t be bothered to spell Labour correctly. Stop posting, I gave you a chance to act intelligent. Don’t diss Doc because he is more intelligent than you could wish for

Most intelligent people I know can read Ash.

Rides
    What’s interesting there is you appear to support the FPTP system (I guess because you believe you got your way) but even YOU recognise that a vote not for the winning party is a vote wasted. How can the system accurately represent the will of the electorate if ANY vote is allowed to be wasted?

‘The people’ haven’t given anything. 45% of the electorate voted in the Tory’s, meaning 55% of the electorate didn’t. To pretend otherwise is dishonest. It’s only this antiquated and broken election system that means the Tory’s take control of the house.

And re: no deal, do you at least accept that the overwhelming majority of mass employers and key central industries all appear to hold the position that a No Deal will be catastrophic for the U.K.? Hopefully you can at least see that.

For the record, again, I am a moderate Conservative who voted Labour in an effort to vote tactically. I’m not a Labour man.
    I voted for PR in 2011.

I don't think you will see PR in this country the vast majority of people who want it will not like what it brings in reality.

I have changed my mind now, I dont see why a bunch of brain washed metro mongols should dictate what happens for the whole nation when their reality is completely different from people who live in small citys towns villages and rural areas.

You will see many politicians from the BNP, English Democrats and probably ISIS ect. and when people of that persuasion see that their vote is not wasted voting for the above, the result will be amplified.

You can't use PR on the FPTP General Election result if it was a PR system the people would have voted differently, to do so is just another nonsense, for example lots of northerners who voted Liebour because they couldn't stomach voting Tory and another Tory government would have voted Brexit party or English Democrat or BNP UKIP ect. if they didn't think it was a wasted vote.

Can you please stop banging that project fear drum because very few people believe it and it is very boring, especially now it is irrelevant.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-of-vote-leave

The people have given the Torys a huge majority and they will do what ever they like and there is nothing me or you can do about it.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 22-12-2019 at 21:03.

Rides
    Most intelligent people I know can read Ash.
    You really are a thick twat. Btw I went to a grammar school and learned English and Latin.

So don’t for one moment suggest you know everything.... you don’t. I’m angry now

Rides
    It’s not a ‘project fear drum’ and quoting an article from 2016 to say it’s ‘now irrelevant’ 3 years later hardly makes your case

Especially when we have spent a chunk of this topic discussing how much new information has come to light since 2016.

It’s the actual opinion of the majority of high volume employers in the UK that no deal is bad. Simple as that. We saw the pound rally after the election and then wipe out all those gains when Johnson announced he would legislate no extension, i.e. put us on a no deal collision course.

These are not secrets or my opinions. They’re all there plain to see. I am astonished you aren’t acknowledging them.

RE: PR applied to this election, you’re right, a direct comparison isn’t totally possible. But given the slender majorities we saw in a lot of constituencies it’s still not unreasonable to assume the result would have been significantly different had PR been in place.

Rides
    Jings, nuclear war

Rides
    It’s not a ‘project fear drum’ and quoting an article from 2016 to say it’s ‘now irrelevant’ 3 years later hardly makes your case

Especially when we have spent a chunk of this topic discussing how much new information has come to light since 2016.

It’s the actual opinion of the majority of high volume employers in the UK that no deal is bad. Simple as that. We saw the pound rally after the election and then wipe out all those gains when Johnson announced he would legislate no extension, i.e. put us on a no deal collision course.

These are not secrets or my opinions. They’re all there plain to see. I am astonished you aren’t acknowledging them.

RE: PR applied to this election, you’re right, a direct comparison isn’t totally possible. But given the slender majorities we saw in a lot of constituencies it’s still not unreasonable to assume the result would have been significantly different had PR been in place.
    The leave campaign won the 2016 referendum.
    Boris Johnson, his government and their advisors now have a massive majority and will do what ever the want regarding Brexit, this has verified that project fear is irrelevant.

The pound went up briefly because Corbyn didn't get in, if Corbyn had been elected the pound would be a lot lower than what it is now.