Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Yet somehow all 27 of these levels of shot and politics managed to agree to a deal as well as us?
    Sorry, not meaning to be rude, but I don't understand what you mean. It doesn't make sense.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    We need the EU to protect us from our own government imo
    I don't think Europe has ever had the best interests of this country first over itself. You only have to look at the history books for that.

That's only my opinion mind.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    I don't think Europe has ever had the best interests of this country first over itself. You only have to look at the history books for that.

Isn't that the point though? Everyone is treated the same.

Why would they put our country ahead of any others? It's not like we deserve special treatment.

Rides
    Sorry, not meaning to be rude, but I don't understand what you mean. It doesn't make sense.
    You’re not being rude at all, no need to apologise.

My point was you directed criticism at the EU for being 27 levels of extra nonsense, but my point was so far they have worked together for Brexit and all agreed on something, yet the problem is our one singular parliament.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Isn't that the point though? Everyone is treated the same.

Why would they put our country ahead of any others? It's not like we deserve special treatment.
    In theory everyone is treated the same. But the reality is very different. The EU is controlled by the major economic countries of France and Germany. They have the controlling aspect.

I don't believe all countries are treated fairly or have a real say in EU workings... But again that's just my opinion. It's a big inefficient political machine.

Rides
    You’re not being rude at all, no need to apologise.

My point was you directed criticism at the EU for being 27 levels of extra nonsense, but my point was so far they have worked together for Brexit and all agreed on something, yet the problem is our one singular parliament.
    Seems we're stuck on the Irish backstop. They know we won't put physical borders in place and so they're using this as chip to frustrate the point and hope the referendum gets reversed. But I reckon, it might just backfire and if we had a vote tomorrow the majority might be greater than it was the first time round.

Our parliament is a joke and should be doing more to work together to get this over the line. The EU is a bigger joke imo.

Rides
    In theory everyone is treated the same. But the reality is very different. The EU is controlled by the major economic countries of France and Germany. They have the controlling aspect.

I don't believe all countries are treated fairly or have a real say in EU workings... But again that's just my opinion. It's a big inefficient political machine.
    Do we do ourselves any favours though? Look at the bunch of clowns we send to represent us.
    We don't have a proper voice at the table because we just send idiots in which does us no favours.

I feel that we should have more influence in the EU, but if we're just going to behave like children and protest vote we don't really deserve one.

Rides
    Seems we're stuck on the Irish backstop. They know we won't put physical borders in place and so they're using this as chip to frustrate the point and hope the referendum gets reversed. But I reckon, it might just backfire and if we had a vote tomorrow the majority might be greater than it was the first time round.

Our parliament is a joke and should be doing more to work together to get this over the line. The EU is a bigger joke imo.
    But not putting a border up, how does that work? It’s illegal to start with, and if we don’t have a border how are we going to ‘take back control’ of our ‘unsecured borders’ if we literally create a hard border and then don’t enforce it? The irony is cripplingly thick.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Do we do ourselves any favours though? Look at the bunch of clowns we send to represent us.
    We don't have a proper voice at the table because we just send idiots in which does us no favours.

I feel that we should have more influence in the EU, but if we're just going to behave like children and protest vote we don't really deserve one.
    I completely agree with you. We have sent our clowns to sit with other clowns at the EU circus.

We can do so much better than this. Just needs time, less scare mongering, and a bit of belief and a shed load of hard work to get those tradedeals in place which will take years. But better to start than delay.

In shorterm we should respect the democratic vote and leave on 31st Oct. with or without a deal. Otherwise it's more costly for everyone and the confidence we need at the moment needs to come from sureness not more extensions and pointless negotiations, going around in circles. Get on with it!

Rides
    But not putting a border up, how does that work? It’s illegal to start with, and if we don’t have a border how are we going to ‘take back control’ of our ‘unsecured borders’ if we literally create a hard border and then don’t enforce it? The irony is cripplingly thick.
    It is a sensitive and complex question that needs to be addressed for sure, but shouldn't stop our withdrawal. Who's fault that is is up for debate, but doesn't change my opinion we should be out of the EU mess. Look at our situation, it gives me no confidence on any other aspect of EU going fwd. and reinforces why I voted the way I voted the first time.

Rides
    Honestly you are a ****ing bellend. There are no traitors in Parliament you uneducated twat. Language like that means you just have less of an idea than we all thought. Mug.

The conservatives want an election because it means Parliament will be dissolved and the net effect is the same as prorogation. The opposition aren’t idiots so won’t commit to it. Rocket science it is not.

It’s also NOT about time for anyone to face the electorate. This Parliament was ELECTED in 2017, AFTER the referendum, it accurately reflects the divisions in the country which is why it’s struggling to pass things and it’s 2 years into its 5 year term. Cox has been ridiculed for that nonsensical statement but, then again, he was part of the advice that BJ gave to the Queen...
    No, you are talking nonsense again.

The Attorney General was spot on, parliament is dead and whether they like it or not there will be a general election in the very near future.

The reason they are blocking a general election is because most of these remoaning tyrants of MP's will be out of a job as they are stopping Brexit which as you know was the result of a democratic vote, the vast majority of them do NOT represent the views of the members of their constituances.

You remoaners are fooling no one with your lies propogander and nonsense, the will of the people can not be circumvented forever, even if this ends up starting something much more sinister in a few years time.

In my opinion any British born person who supports or conspires with another goverment to undermine or remove our sovereign British government is a traitor and guilty of treason.

I can see your debating skills have not improved, you still continue to attack the person rather than the argument, I wonder why that is
    Thanks
    Keep up the good work

Below I have copyed the definition of treason from google to make it more easy for you to perceive and understand exactly what the remoaners are guilty of:

treason

/ˈtriːz(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.

"they were convicted of treason"
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 29-09-2019 at 17:45.

Rides
    Oh fcuk off. Seriously.

You are a cnut, a troll of the worst kind. You know just enough to think you know what you’re talking about but not enough to actually understand. You’re not even being honest, you’re making stuff up as you go from speculation and all I’m quoting is facts.

And to think your vote was worth as much as ours. I’m out.

Rides
    Oh fcuk off. Seriously.

You are a cnut, a troll of the worst kind. You know just enough to think you know what you’re talking about but not enough to actually understand. You’re not even being honest, you’re making stuff up as you go from speculation and all I’m quoting is facts.

Thank you for showcasing the typical mindset of a remoaner/traitor.

I have backed up and will back up on request everything I have said.

I'm a fully paid up member of this forum and I'm entitled to my opinion, you on the other hand have chose NOT to support this forum, even though you use it as a platform for social engineering and to spread your pro EU propaganda and nonsense, which I think speaks volumes about exactly the sort of person you are.

I suppose you support the SURRENDER act as well ?

I have now been called a Gammon, fat, a **** and have been told to **** off, yet it was me that was reprimanded by name, by the Mod for using the terms remoaner and snowflake

You never back up what you say with any evidence, fact or explanation you just make these statements and insults and expect people to believe you.

As you have demonstrated like a typical remoaner you have an unwarranted superiority complex as my vote is worth the same as any other British person regarding this matter.

We are all EQUAL in a democracy, even if other peoples opinions differ from our own.

Bye Bye
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 29-09-2019 at 19:09.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Oh fcuk off. Seriously.

Piman2k I get that you’re frustrated but can we stop with the personal insults and get back to the debate.

Leon you’re not as innocent as you like to make out here either, the way you’re wording your posts are obviously designed to wind people up more than to try and get your point across. It seems you’ve succeeded. Again please feel free to debate but keep it civil.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Chris, You're doing a great job in a difficult situation. More than anyone else on this thread, I'm in agreement with what you say.

Let keep it civil, guys. At the end of the day, this thread is going to make feck all difference to what happens in the real world. At best it is a vent of our frustrations at the feck up that is Brexit.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Chris, You're doing a great job in a difficult situation. More than anyone else on this thread, I'm in agreement with what you say.

Let keep it civil, guys. At the end of the day, this thread is going to make feck all difference to what happens in the real world. At best it is a vent of our frustrations at the feck up that is Brexit.
    Cheers, I like any debate where people are passionate so as long as it’s civil it’s all good imo.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides

the EU is a committee not some evil overlord, they make decisions for the many not the few.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Piman2k I get that you’re frustrated but can we stop with the personal insults and get back to the debate.
    Nah Chris, I'll just step out of the conversation.

The guy is categorically dishonest in his responses, R3K1355 and I have both called that out. And he's being deliberately inflammatory because he thinks it's cool. You can't have a debate with dishonest.

Rides
    On current events it's the Tory party conference now, which is being somewhat overshadowed by the talk of a no confidence vote.
    I feel that would actually play into Boris and Co's hands, they could then attempt to make themselves out as the honest minority in the People Vs Parliament narrative that is being cooked up.

It's quite impressive really when you consider we've had a Tory government for quite a number of years now and really we would have already left the EU if it wasn't for Boris and Co.

Rides
    With May it would have been a vote of no confidence but with Boris it should be a vote of incompetence