Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    This whole own your house thing is a hang over from the days when you had to have property to vote (and a woman with property couldn't vote). The days when the people that rented had to tug their forelock when they saw the landlord. These days all you are doing is saving up so you can give it all to the same Lords you used to rent from as they now own the old folks homes at £1000/week. All that has happened is the point in your life that you give your lifetime earnings to them has moved.

Rides
    I am a little worried about some people who are allowed to vote. I fully accept that people have the right to vote to leave but FFS at least have a decent fooking reason for doing so and not

We need to stop all those bloody foreigners innit
    We will save the NHS with the money we save
    We dont vote for these people
    They make all the laws

I urge people to THINK about it and stop absorbing all the UKIP, Daily Mail/Sun/Express/other shitrags Xenophobic bullshit. It wont be like the 'good old days' which were not really 'good old days' anyway as most people worked down mines or in factories earning fook all, had no TV or car and had never been abroad (except when flying a Spitfire ). Times have moved on and being a island that makes fook all and has no friends is not the way to 'build a better future'.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I must admit I always chuckle to myself thinking of all the anti immigration types tapping away into their Chinese keyboard staring at their Japanese monitor whilst checking their Korean phone whilst dressed in their Philippine track suit with their German car outside which they've just had washed by Romanians and driven home on the clean streets because the polish road sweeper has been out whilst Mr Whitey shouts Engerlaaaannnd watching the Euro footie tournament.

Want the world's technology at your doorstep and to clothe yourselves in cheap labour, but god forbid they try to live next door to you.

Rides
    My favourite argument popped up yesterday "all these bloody Romanians have come over and I see them every day pooling all the wallets and purses they have stolen".

My workplace has had a good amount of Romanians come in, they're a ****ing great bunch. What about all the English people who steal shit, kill people, and all the other bad stuff that apparently only immigrants do? So dumb. So, so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jackm View Post
    I can't see any benefits being in the EU much longer. It can't last with how it's been run and we can't make any influence as shown by the negotiations taken place as to what goes on. .
    In order to negotiate and get somewhere, you have to offer something back as well. So far as I can tell, Cameron went over with the attitude of "give me stuff or we'll leave" which is never going to be a great way to get people on your side is it? We have the capacity to lead in Europe, unfortunately we are represented in EU Parliament by morons who don't want to be there (why the bloody hell were UKIP standing in the first place when they want out of the EU?) and our government would rather haphazardly lay blame anywhere else but their own shortcomings.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 03-06-2016 at 08:21.

Rides
    Bloody immigrants coming over here nicking all the jobs...................

That lazy fat arsed benefit scrounging British people wouldnt get of bed to do

If you want to make Britain great again, start with the British people
    Mark is right.

Rides
    People tend to form an opinion and vote for what affects them personally and dont give two monkeys about the bigger picture.

Saw this with the scottish referendum, lots voted to leave because they simply hated the tories or english.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    If you dont have the passport your need the visa regardless of weather your grandad was half Australian. I think you might have missed my point.
    Thanks, Ill make a note of that for my international recruitment company

The point was if I had an Aussie relative I could get a passport and come and work without a VISA, the same as you could here. Or anyone could anywhere. Its not relevant to any immigration discussion as technically you have residency rights already, hence not needing a VISA.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Looks like Dave hasnt helped himself by trying to be all political last night rather than answering the questions he was asked ......... I despair, I really do.

I honestly cant see any argument to leave that doesnt have at the least a reasonable counter argument and in most cases can be taken apart in about 2 minutes, and yet he feels the need to keep steering it back to the economical benefit of staying, which ironically is probably the hardest to argue as no-one really knows what will happen.

Ive sent an email to offer my services for the next debate, will keep you updated
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    If Britain votes out, will Scotland get a 2nd vote for staying in?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    No and why should they?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    No and why should they?
    Because one of the big campaign issues for staying in UK was if they left they would be out of EU.

Can they claim compensation as it was miss sold?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Thanks, Ill make a note of that for my international recruitment company

The point was if I had an Aussie relative I could get a passport and come and work without a VISA, the same as you could here. Or anyone could anywhere. Its not relevant to any immigration discussion as technically you have residency rights already, hence not needing a VISA.
    Yeap missed it completely.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Sturgeon has already said that she wants a second independence referendum if the UK majority vote out but the Scotland majority vote to remain.

"Once in a generation decision" remember.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Bloody immigrants coming over here nicking all the jobs...................

That lazy fat arsed benefit scrounging British people wouldnt get of bed to do

If you want to make Britain great again, start with the British people
    Very true statement!

Although we do need to cap people coming into this country and signing straight onto our benefit system

I feel if we leave they'll have to look into it and make dramatic changes to force the lazy ones to get off their backsides

Rides
    the problem I think is things like migrant workers being able to claim child benefit for kids in another country and send it home, now I don't personally care about the 'in' or ' out' of the EU, I'd be happy staying in or not.

the problem lies in our dated benefit system, and loopholes allowing such things, overall from what I remember cameron 'tried' to change some of these things, and got shut down esentially.

but if we stay in they do need to look at some of our dated systems that are open to abuse by anyone (including lazy/lying British people)

same goes for the nhs, people abuse it, British and foreign, I've seen people admit that they don't want to diet to lose weight , so continue to eat like pigs until their fat enough to have the nhs pay for a gastric band, or women that claimed depression to get a bloody boob job (no joke, she was a bloody cow)

likewise I've seen foreigners that can waltz over, get surgery etc, fly home for nothing.

now these things are caused by people both foreign and donestic, they very systems being abused need to be sorted and changed, although importantly I don't think that some of these things (such as child benefit for kids in another country) are going to be sorted by staying in the EU, ad they obviously seem to think that some of these practises are ok.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by maff_1991 View Post
    Although we do need to cap people coming into this country and signing straight onto our benefit system
    But this doesnt happen, its just the daily mail telling you it does.

Can EU migrants easily claim benefits when they arrive in another EU country?
    No - there are conditions, depending on an individual's circumstances.
    They can stay for three months, but to stay longer after that they have to be: in work; or actively seeking work with a genuine chance of being hired; or be able to show they have enough money not to be a burden on public services. Apart from that, evidence of benefit abuse or fraud is grounds to exclude or expel a person.
    If an EU migrant has permission to stay, can he or she then claim benefits?
    Not automatically - a migrant still has to pass a "habitual residence test" under EU law.
    The test covers factors such as the duration of the migrant's stay; their activity, including their source of income if they are students; their family status; and their housing situation. The migrant has to demonstrate a sufficient degree of attachment to the host country. The amount of time already spent in the country is not sufficient qualification in itself.
    Department for Work and Pensions statistics show that out of the 5 million people who claim welfare benefits in the UK, 114,000 (2.2 percent of the total) were EU nationals.

and this is the problem, too many people have this idea in their head that we have millions of immigrants over here bleeding the system dry. Removing the EU from the equation will make fook all difference to our situation and if anything make it worse.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Mark the daily mail line: brits are to lazy so migrant workers are filling the gap is bullshizzle. Migrant workers are paid more for doing so using grants. There was a great economist/statistician on question time who was there just to stop bull. And give actual facts on anytime of that debate.
    He also pointed out how small the actual bill for lazy people is.
    The welfare figure it's mostly made up of our pensions.

Don't think I'm defending the layabouts as I have a lazy brother who has never worked so could afford to sit at home breeding while I can only afford one.

But daily mail facts are just that.

I need to look for that episode of question time and get the guys name as he needs to be in the centre for an honest debate about Europe.

Also despair about voters all you want but the reason people are finding it a difficult subject and are voting with there hearts, is because off all the bull from both sides. I think most people have worked out that our priminister is a lying elitist twat. So what ever he says people with think is a lie.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    Also despair about voters all you want but the reason people are finding it a difficult subject and are voting with there hearts, is because off all the bull from both sides. I think most people have worked out that our priminister is a lying elitist twat. So what ever he says people with think is a lie.
    While this is entirely true, it is really not that difficult to find useful and credible information from third party sources. But people would rather go with whatever their primary opinion is based on no facts at all than spend 10 minutes on google getting some information. Some of the arguments I have seen for leaving are so xenophobic that I thought I'd been launched back in time. There is no place for the blatant and disgusting racism that is forming an undercurrent to some elements of the Leave argument.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Department for Work and Pensions statistics show that out of the 5 million people who claim welfare benefits in the UK, 114,000 (2.2 percent of the total) were EU nationals.
    And we have successfully negotiated a "brake" for immigrant welfare meaning we dont have to pay anything other than child benefit to any immigrant until they have been here 4 years.

Another "major issue" thats actually a "total non issue" and yet people are voting on the strength of it

Rides
    To all these people moaning there is no information out there to help you make a decision, I find that hard to believe. I've seen loads of information to help me make my decision.

The problem is that far too many people do not know how to evaluate information presented to them, and also want it spoon fed instead of taking a bit of personal responsibility and finding it for themselves in what maybe the most important vote you make.

And I've still yet to hear from anybody who is rational, intelligent, informed and not got an agenda of some sort that wants to leave. The facts simply do not add up.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13