Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    A computer sneezed in Asia one night and the pound went nuts. Sure it came back once "something" worked out it was nothing but that isn't exactly stability. No one can argue that the pound was over valued but it has been moving around quite a bit since it "corrected".

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Yeah an ***orithm went wrong. Watch money Monster if you believe that... Evil forces are at work lol

Rides
    Russia has always been "surrounded by Western arms". Its just posturing to offset Putin's taking expansionist strategy.

If you look at the key antagonist stunts that Putin has pulled over the last 5 years, it mirrors Saddam's stunts uncomfortably closely. I just worry that he won't realise what he is unleashing if he pushes the West too far... i.e. make the same mistake that Saddam did.

I'm not defending the West. They fcuked up bigtime on Iraq and now Syria. However, Saddam didn't exactly win, did he ?

Rides
    Putin will wind his neck in once sanctions and stuff start to cause some of his pals some serious issues... money rules these days.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Russia has always been "surrounded by Western arms". Its just posturing to offset Putin's taking expansionist strategy.

If you look at the key antagonist stunts that Putin has pulled over the last 5 years, it mirrors Saddam's stunts uncomfortably closely. I just worry that he won't realise what he is unleashing if he pushes the West too far... i.e. make the same mistake that Saddam did.

I'm not defending the West. They fcuked up bigtime on Iraq and now Syria. However, Saddam didn't exactly win, did he ?
    Difference was he couldn't win. Putin has a lot more resources at his disposal. Maybe in a military context, it wouldn't be so bad if Trump won the US election... He and Putin seem to get along quite well.

What that means for the rest of the world is anyone's guess

Rides
    Sometimes it feels like km stuck in an 80s action movie.

The u.s is putting a missile defence network in the countrys that surround russia. These are capable of ballistic nukes. The pre text was to protect them from iran if it gained nuclear capabilitys.
    Since the u.s has shaken hands with them surely they stopped. No.
    So you have a country that is bieng surrounded by nuclear capable ballistics. You have several 1000s troops moved to your borders and are bieng attacked economicaly.
    What are you meant to do?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    What are you meant to do?
    Stop being an ass i would have thought....

Putin is his own worst enemy, the west - bent as they are - wont just roll over if he starts pushing so best bet is to cool everything down.

Rides
    Who are russia pushing around?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Putin will wind his neck in once sanctions and stuff start to cause some of his pals some serious issues... money rules these days.
    Financially been in the toilet for a while, best way to maintain support internally when the economy is shrinking? Show that he still has military might. God knows he doesn't seem to have a clue on economics.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Financially been in the toilet for a while, best way to maintain support internally when the economy is shrinking? Show that he still has military might. God knows he doesn't seem to have a clue on economics.
    The guy who turned russias economy arround you mean rofl

Rides
    Yeah sure, "he" personally does everything...

If he was so great then the economy would have shrunk by far less than the ~3.7% it did last year.

Rides
    Who are russia pushing around?
    Seems to be a lot of Russia's neighbours who are less than enthusiastic over Putin wanting to take back what the USSR once had, ok so it might all be bluff but with Putin who knows.

Rides
    Thing is, US Missile defence systems have been crap at best. Anyone remember the Patriot that couldn't knockout the Scud? Israel's Iron Dome is probably the best system out there. Dont get hung up about the US Missile Shield, I doubt the Russians are really...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    The thkng im struggling with is if you take media out and listen to what he has been saying.
    http://youtu.be/5JAduBdB7Mo

It doesnt add up to what we are seeing in mass media. Keep looking and listening to speeches you find. Is that the putin you have been repeatedly shown?

On trump: http://youtu.be/avBAT6Op0lU

Rides
    He has a point. To the Syrian govt, the rebels are terrorists.

To us, just because we don't like Assad, they are freedom fighters.

Edit, however. We should look back over Northern Ireland.

Rides
    What I have a problem with is when Russian owned arms are used to shoot down civil airliners, repeatedly bomb hospitals and schools, drop barrel bombs and deliver chemical weapons, to invade neighbouring countries and so on.... His defence is either stout denial or "well they is all terrorists innit !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    What I have a problem with is when Russian owned arms are used to shoot down civil airliners, repeatedly bomb hospitals and schools, drop barrel bombs and deliver chemical weapons, to invade neighbouring countries and so on.... His defence is either stout denial or "well they is all terrorists innit !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    That I do have a problem with. Cluster bombs were banned if I recall, but Russia and Assad are bombing indiscriminately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Isreal and the arabs in yemen use them.

As for assad. As he pointed out. He uses bombs. We use bombs. He doesnt deploy barrell bombs.
    He doesnt use chemical weapons.
    We try and try to make it seem so and here is the proof.
    http://youtu.be/p54hHhlLjRk

Then the rebels were found to have used mustard gas.

As for Russia arming the legitimate goverment
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/12/06...ist-hands.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/08/po...-weapons-u-s-/

Rides
    Why did the iraq inquiry say that they wanted lybian and syrian regime change? There was no supposed goverment sniper then.

Rides
    As for assad. As he pointed out. He uses bombs. We use bombs. He doesnt deploy barrell bombs.
    Every documentary I've watched on the war has been quite specific that the Syrian army drop barrel bombs indiscriminately.

He doesnt use chemical weapons.
    We try and try to make it seem so and here is the proof.
    http://youtu.be/p54hHhlLjRk
    Do you watch much RT??

I find it quite an interesting channel myself, but it's no-where near a trustworthy source of information.
    It's so bent you can almost see Putin's arm rammed up the presenters backside and operating their mouths.
    Last edited by R3K1355; 31-10-2016 at 08:56.

Rides
    You are right every programe says assad used barrel bombs. Including the one about the death of Christianity. Every time a syrian praised assad, bbc would show a random picture of a barrel bomb. Even when the last people who speak jesus christs Arabic called him a saint for surrounding there monastery to protect them from the beheadings from isis.
    Assad had to move a whole tank battalion to protect them and lost a swaith of land.

I watched the bbc report and at the time said thats staged. Rt is russias bbc. So i believe them as much as them or al j.
    My prevous post was a rt article on a bbc film.