Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    pretty much, one thing that did get me is this.

when my mother ended up in A&E a few years ago in romford, the nurses/doctors were basically not english, now I'm not just saying they were foreign, but a huge chunk of them had not even a basic understanding of the English language, my mother couldn't even understand half of what they told her because they couldn't coherently string a decent sentence together. in the end I had to go and find an English ward sister, and physically say I'd rather someone that can actually speak English deal with my mum because she was getting told different stories left right and center.
    The other way to look at this is that if we did not have this workers here perhaps there would have been no one to even treat your mum in the first place as we don't have enough qualified uk staff.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    And also not exactly the fault of the hospital staff but the extremely English upper class director of the shambles that was no doubt running it.
    Last edited by arry; 26-06-2016 at 21:21.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    And also not exactly the fault of the hospital staff but the extremely English upper class director of the shambles that was no doubt running it.
    Can't blame him. Brits were going to Romania to train because they got free education... Although they and others then came back to the UK. More benefits to the UK that weren't factored in.

Rides
    Can blame him (her) when accountability and responsibility lie there fiscally / morally.

Rides
    That stupid petition is looking like its been rigged, what a surprise... butt hurt still going on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    That stupid petition is looking like its been rigged, what a surprise... butt hurt still going on.
    Farage did say if it was this close another election would be needed... Changed his words now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Great news for any Remainders who are unwilling to accept the result....there are another 28 countries that are still in, if you don't want to live in a democracy but be quickly before the drawbridges get pulled up !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    Scotland

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    No one see the irony here? You're blaming groups you're not part of, the old, mongs (how nice of you), while they're blaming groups they're not part of, immigrants, societal elite.

Found this in the Guardian btl. Sums up around here.

A warehouse worker said "I only get a wage rise when the government puts the minimum wage up". The advice he was given when he posed this question to the local political canvassers was 'you need to work with your union'. They have NO union, if they join a union they are out. He said this, and they started to shuffle away, obviously with no answers. They parted by saying approach your employer with a request of a wage rise. He said 'I did, and he said "I have a 100 people waiting to take your job, if you don't want to work for £7.20 plenty will". The canvassers made a get away. His warehouse is full of good hardworking Polish and Romanian, he says they're great. But they live 8 to a house, he has a partner and 2 children to pay for, plus full rent. This is what real working people are having to deal with, NOT racism, NOT hate, just problems that they cannot solve because the system does not allow a level playing field. This is happening.

Edit: 72% of 18-24 year olds voted Remain, but with only a 43% turnout. So that's less than the national 48% Remainers. We can all play with percentages. Maybe they need to explain their apathy/ complacency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Great news for any Remainders who are unwilling to accept the result....there are another 28 countries that are still in, if you don't want to live in a democracy but be quickly before the drawbridges get pulled up !

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Be careful JW you may be deemed to old and illiterate to express your opinion on this subject .
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Farage did say if it was this close another election would be needed... Changed his words now

Agree with the above.

I think we would be stupid not to use this as a negotiation tool. Looking at the slice of pie we contributed it's bigger than I thought and Europe has a massive hole in its finances.

We are in a position were we could dictate terms.

But looking at the attitude of that euro twat it won't happen.

Rides
    Well Labour is in a right mess

Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Wuzal has to go now, he looks less viable than the Euro now.

Rides
    UK politics is in a mess, nevermind Labour. No one has a handle on any of this yet imo.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    UK politics is in a mess, nevermind Labour. No one has a handle on any of this yet imo.
    and no one will till we get a new leader which will be Sept 2nd. Everything before then will be speculation and panic.

Everyone needs to go have a cuppa
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I will do it for a giggle, boss of the country i mean.

First thing i will do is enact article 57 which is that all pubs in the UK have to start selling Guinness at 50% of its current cost.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I will do it for a giggle, boss of the country i mean.

First thing i will do is enact article 57 which is that all pubs in the UK have to start selling Guinness at 50% of its current cost.

I'll vote for you.....long as you make a law that means fit birds profiles on Facebook have to include boob shots, and be made public...

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Our players are certainly in full apology mode.

Rides
    Seems like Hodgson is the only one that seems to have a handle on how England can exit Europe swiftly.

Rides
    I saw the quote this morning, and figure this is how I hope it is going to go now :

Jeremy Hunt tells the Today programme people want "a vision for what our life is going to be like outside the EU and a plan to get there".

He says the best option is for "a Norway-plus model" - "we want the access to the single market Norway has but with some sensible controls on movement".

He says that deal is not currently on the table and it's going to be "tough" to get it - and Article 50 shouldn't be triggered until it is.

The health secretary says any deal would then "need some kind of democratic endorsement" - and his preference would be for it to be part of the Conservative manifesto for the 2020 general election - although he says a second referendum is also an option.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Problem with the Norway plus option. Is Access to the single market does not grant our financial services free access to the Eurozone. We have to expect that the banks will move at some point people who solely deal with Euro trades to an EU country.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I saw the quote this morning, and figure this is how I hope it is going to go now :

Jeremy Hunt tells the Today programme people want "a vision for what our life is going to be like outside the EU and a plan to get there".

He says the best option is for "a Norway-plus model" - "we want the access to the single market Norway has but with some sensible controls on movement".

He says that deal is not currently on the table and it's going to be "tough" to get it - and Article 50 shouldn't be triggered until it is.

The health secretary says any deal would then "need some kind of democratic endorsement" - and his preference would be for it to be part of the Conservative manifesto for the 2020 general election - although he says a second referendum is also an option.

He also said he would like to be the one in charge which would be a disaster
    Mark is right.