Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    News coming in of a shooting in Germany, some gunman holed up in a cinema and injured 30 plus.
    If this is a you-know-what attack like the others then i wouldn't be surprised if peoples voting intentions could change if this is a big deal later.
    Ended up just being a bloke with a gas powered air pistol or something, no one even got hit, the injured were done by the police tear gas. The bloke was shot dead.

Rides
    Well voting is over, time will tell how the country votes.

My thoughts about the campaign? The politicians that have earned my respect are both from Scotland.

Ruth Davidson and Alex Salmond.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Taken from elsewhere
    History of Europe:
    War
    War
    War
    War
    War
    War
    War
    Arguments about the straightness of cucumbers.
    I hope immigration and economics are the biggest issues we have to deal with if LEAVE wins.

Rides
    Oh shit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Dont worry as already said its "too close to call" and in the best interests of the British public its position in Europe and to avoid a catastrophic failure of the economy and of course ww3 the government will over rule the votes and remain. Remember the out is always we just asked the wrong question at the wrong time....

PS im happy time to get your back bone back tbh. Heads down bums up it don't come without some sacrifice.

Rides
    Largest currency collapse in the history of the country overnight. FTSE predicted to have a significant fall.

Now what?

Rides
    Now as predicted they will bump up and down until the knee jerk is over.

Prepare your Anuses brexit has turned up for breakfast and the giant dinosaurs are on the way to stamp on your city's and steal 4k a year from you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Just seen that. Wow. He actually did it.

Why are people still going on about war though? That's to do with NATO not the EU.

Rides
    Very interesting to hear the Remainers squirm as they try to protect their own personal futures.

Currency fluctuation is down to speculation (by the big players mostly). They were queuing down the street to buy Euros at my local currency exchange.

If you remember the 1980s, it was the turmoil of the miner's strike and rioting in Britain that brought the currency to its 1985 low and the breaking of the miners and end of the strike that caused it to start to rise again.

The dollar rate had slid fairly steadily since the start of the eighties when Thatcher got in and after bottoming out in 85 it settled back at around 1.5 dollars to the pound.

Its still there or thereabouts (with some fluctuation for major events obviously).

I find it amazing that people are talking about GBP vs Euro at its lowest since 1985 given the Euro didn't come into existence until 1999 lol.

Cameron is gone but I hope the current government stays in for the next two years. That's not because I particularly like the Tories but simply because if we get a new government the general election will distract from getting Brexit right and the new government will think they have 5 years to sort out a fudge for Brexit. If the current government stays in, they will be obliged to keep the public on side in the hope of getting re-elected.

I'm also surprised there isn't more focus on what it means for the EU. The impact on the EU (not other European countries but the institution that is the EU) is likely to be greater than the impact on the UK, I think.

Rides
    Lol at the amount of butt hurt on FB this morning, shares in Anal Cream must be rocketing.

The £ was always going to drop on a Brexit result, it will stabilise soon and be fine once things have calmed down.

Rides
    "I will remain as PM regardless of the outcome"

Then immediately resigns hummm

Rides
    He only said that so more people didnt vote leave to get him out.

Shows he has no backbone though as a decent leader would take in what the people wanted and then take them forward. Instead he has said 'its my ball and i am going home'.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    So its the final F*** You from the Baby Boomer generation. Older people in areas of low immigration have voted the younger generation out on the basis of... immigration.

Leavers could try being a bit less smug until the realise the consequences. Good chance we might (in time) lose Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. Tory party will now become "UKIP Lite".

Farage has already admitted the "£350m a week extra for the NHS" claim isn't true. No leave campaigners interviewed this morning had a clue what happens next.

We've already slipped from 5th largest world economy to 6th

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    So its the final F*** You from the Baby Boomer generation. Older people in areas of low immigration have voted the younger generation out on the basis of... immigration.
    Or you could see as people with 40 years of experience with the EU project realising it's a monumental **** up deciding enoughs enough...
    Leavers could try being a bit less smug until the realise the consequences. Good chance we might (in time) lose Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. Tory party will now become "UKIP Lite".
    Why would we lose Gib? The SNP and Sien Fien wanting to leave the UK - wow that's a shocker..... if they get referenda and decide to go then that's the democratic process. However, neither would gain entry to the EU (no central bank, own currency etc.. so they'd be totally ****ed).

Farage has already admitted the "£350m a week extra for the NHS" claim isn't true. No leave campaigners interviewed this morning had a clue what happens next.
    Farage is not an MP so couldn't make that promise, "Leave" is not a political party and it's not the government so it can't do anything about "the future". That's up to the government who you can vote for and your MP you can email or visit.

We've already slipped from 5th largest world economy to 6th
    proof please... The market fell and the pound dropped. If your pensions manager was doing their job then it was good for you, as they could make a killing on it (ITV has risen 30% from opening for example). The pound is recovering, shares are going back up - it's shock but it will recover. It might not have been so bad if DC and GO hadn't spent 6 weeks telling everyone it would be a disaster.

Interestingly Spanish and Italian markets were worse than the FTSE.

Rides
    Alternatively, you could view it as the older generation has been good enough to provide a liferaft for you youngsters so you don't go down with the Titanic

Sorry, but you just sound like a "sore loser".

I didn't vote based on immigration but on winning back the right to have a say in immigration policy.

Rides
    All i can hear is whining like after the Scottish referendum - FFS democracy has spoken, its over, lets get on and deal with it.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    He only said that so more people didnt vote leave to get him out.

Shows he has no backbone though as a decent leader would take in what the people wanted and then take them forward. Instead he has said 'its my ball and i am going home'.
    I think he is right. If his heart and belief is not in it to negotiate, then let someone take the talks who wants that resolution.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Why would we lose Gib?

..."Leave" is not a political party and it's not the government so it can't do anything about "the future"

proof please... the pound dropped.
    Spain’s Foreign Minister has already made a claim for Gibraltar, are you even following the coverage?

Leave campaign's leaders were Boris and Gove who will be senior figures (PM/Chancellor?) in the government in a few months time. Were you even following the campaign?

Proof? You just answered it yourself, the drop in Sterling was enough to put us behind France. What are you smoking, ITV shares are down 19% Fund managers cannot throw trillions of pensioners money around willy-nilly on an hourly basis.

Yes I'm bitter, only because I know it's a futile protest vote. There's no way Brexit will stop immigration or make us better off. Get working on your excuses now for when they don't happen.
    Last edited by lhassall; 24-06-2016 at 10:17.