Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    You've still not said how Leaving makes any of that better though... so my question stands. You would make a good politician.
    As Jimbo said

But will staying in the EU better long term?

Its like the scotish referendum. More people came out to vote than ever before and Voting was re energized because of it.

This will be true of the Euro vote. First the Euro vote then getting the country to do better for its people.

You can see that in UKIP for immigration as lots of people are sensitive to this.

Have a party that's against elitism and you will have an inordinate amount of support as its not anti people with brown skin or a funny accent.

I am an immigrant so have no problem with it. I would like tighter controls but its not my reason to vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOJ93tAbPP0

Rides
    And Tom you know I coulndt be a good politition because I talk about bums a lot.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    I'm voting out. Voting remain gives Cameron the power to privatise the NHS. The 75 plus mps on the board of private hralthcare have been waiting for this. "you voted for Europe and Europe is not compatible with the NHS"
    You still haven't answered how voting Leave stops this happening. So until you can, it isn't a valid reason to vote out by your own logic.

Maybe a more likely outcome in a Leave vote is that we can't afford the NHS, nor can we afford to reform it so it goes in the bin and is replaced by another form of welfare support to assist in paying for private healthcare for low earners. Which is just as much of a leap as suggesting that voting Remain sees it privatised away. Although given that a private company will want to improve efficiency I'm not sure how privatisation is necessarily a terrible thing?
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 22-06-2016 at 09:41.

Rides
    Staying means no pressure from the EU on it......Means we can decide its future ourselves.

Rides
    Although given that a private company will want to improve efficiency I'm not sure how privatisation is necessarily a terrible thing?
    Profit before people?

Rides
    Profit before people?
    Only if there are no regulations in place. But you would trust the government not to privatise anyway if we left and still have the same problem?

Rides
    There would be riots and no government would be able to do this. That's just a fantasy.

Ive answered your question

Rides
    You still haven't answered how voting Leave stops this happening. So until you can, it isn't a valid reason to vote out by your own logic.

Maybe a more likely outcome in a Leave vote is that we can't afford the NHS, nor can we afford to reform it so it goes in the bin and is replaced by another form of welfare support to assist in paying for private healthcare for low earners. Which is just as much of a leap as suggesting that voting Remain sees it privatised away. Although given that a private company will want to improve efficiency I'm not sure how privatisation is necessarily a terrible thing?

simple, look at our services.

gas/electric/water. they became privatised, now each year they get sold on to another European company, drained of everything and sold on again, even with 'regulations'

quite literially, in under 10 years time London is going to have NO fresh water supply, no joke, a friend of mine owns a multi million pound company that supplies emergency water, and not long ago he was in a meeting in London where they are trying to discuss how to deal with the upcoming crisis.

apparently , before ethereal 02 arena was built, they had plans to build a distillation plant there, big enough that it would have supplied the whole of the south east with fresh water from the Thames , literially forever.

but it was decided it didn't look good enough. so the o2 arena was chosen .their best idea to fix the upcoming crisis is to have large tug boats pulling those huge balloon things full of water up the Thames each day from iceland. apparently 100 would be needed per day.

all this, is because of privatisation, because the company's can be stripped and left year after year.

no thanks, private healthcare works in our current environment , because of the NHS competition, people expect high class service for the hard earned every month

Rides
    I can confirm that regulators "governing" our utilities that should be nationalised is NOT a good thing for the consumer.... All they do is set the targets which need to be frauded to get a bigger subsidiary for them to post back to the mother country

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    simple, look at our services.

gas/electric/water. they became privatised, now each year they get sold on to another European company, drained of everything and sold on again, even with 'regulations'

quite literially, in under 10 years time London is going to have NO fresh water supply, no joke, a friend of mine owns a multi million pound company that supplies emergency water, and not long ago he was in a meeting in London where they are trying to discuss how to deal with the upcoming crisis.

apparently , before ethereal 02 arena was built, they had plans to build a distillation plant there, big enough that it would have supplied the whole of the south east with fresh water from the Thames , literially forever.

but it was decided it didn't look good enough. so the o2 arena was chosen .their best idea to fix the upcoming crisis is to have large tug boats pulling those huge balloon things full of water up the Thames each day from iceland. apparently 100 would be needed per day.

all this, is because of privatisation, because the company's can be stripped and left year after year.

no thanks, private healthcare works in our current environment , because of the NHS competition, people expect high class service for the hard earned every month
    But Zepplin didnt read it on the BBC so this cant be true

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    I can confirm that regulators "governing" our utilities that should be nationalised is NOT a good thing for the consumer.... All they do is set the targets which need to be frauded to get a bigger subsidiary for them to post back to the mother country

honestly it's going to actually ruin our country, if we keep going, the way we have been, we electric /water/gas we are literally going to end up in the stone age, no bullshit, power cuts will happen more and more to the point whole cities and towns are left without electric for days/weeks, our biggest bloody capital city is going to run out of water in less than a decade, with others following suit etc.

quite literially, the country will collapse in on itself...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    honestly it's going to actually ruin our country, if we keep going, the way we have been, we electric /water/gas we are literally going to end up in the stone age, no bullshit, power cuts will happen more and more to the point whole cities and towns are left without electric for days/weeks, our biggest bloody capital city is going to run out of water in less than a decade, with others following suit etc.

quite literially, the country will collapse in on itself...
    But if all the power companies are already owned by foreigners how does leaving the EU stop that? Are you saying we need a new 'British' supplier? or that the government need to nationalise it again?

I have just read this

http://hurryupharry.org/2016/06/20/w...-alan-johnson/

and its one of the first things about leaving that has made me think as it doesnt contain xenophobic bullshit from UKIP. Its long and heavy but people should read it. If anyone has the knowledge to counter it I would be interested
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    But Zepplin didnt read it on the BBC so this cant be true
    The only thing the BBC is good for is 6 nations and Wimbledon.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    There would be riots and no government would be able to do this. That's just a fantasy.

Ive answered your question
    They privatised everything else without us rioting, and if you dig a little deeper you can already see privatisation creeping into the NHS anyway, its a matter of time. Banging out of the EU would give Cameron even more power to make the change whether we liked it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    The utilities certainly need to be re nationalised or at least non profit so the cash goes back into the networks...

Fortunately from the electricity point at least "rolling blackouts" is definitely a thing of the past, if anything there is too much produced thanks to the "green grants" where people are encouraged to put up a windmill somewhere it's not required and most of what it makes is dissipated back to earth as it can't be used or stored but the guy still gets a chunk of your electricity bill money

But what you will see is a massive increase in the time it takes to fix faults... There are very few of us trained to work on 11000v and above, that number is getting less as there is no money in training for the big companies also like myself the electricity network operator wages are getting less and less compared to the private sector so we are leaving left right and centre (not surprising when I can get a 20k+ payrise over night, I'm trying to hold out to see if it gets better tho) and the network is falling on its are with little maintainace or improvements. We get by at the min by generating people (using massively expensive generator sets rented from aggrekko (another euro owned company) which keep loss of supply times below the eu target (win bigger grant) and then they can claim the costs back aswell - double cost to consumer. But it can only get so bad before the whole thing fails

Last edited by DLowe; 22-06-2016 at 13:34.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have just read this

http://hurryupharry.org/2016/06/20/w...-alan-johnson/

and its one of the first things about leaving that has made me think as it doesnt contain xenophobic bullshit from UKIP. Its long and heavy but people should read it. If anyone has the knowledge to counter it I would be interested
    It's tremendously difficult to read, but raises some good points.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    They privatised everything else without us rioting, and if you dig a little deeper you can already see privatisation creeping into the NHS anyway, its a matter of time. Banging out of the EU would give Cameron even more power to make the change whether we liked it or not.
    And people are wising upto this. its already on a lot of peoples lips. No privatization in the NHS. And i think people of this country are done with Cameron.

Even his own party think the cuts have gone to far. Especially the councilors.

I think a lot of people are going to call for re nationalization of the water and electric when it comes crashing down thanks to EU/Corporate greed.

Rides
    It's tremendously difficult to read, but raises some good points.
    Would you like me to edit in the BBC logo for you?

Rides
    News coming in of a shooting in Germany, some gunman holed up in a cinema and injured 30 plus.
    If this is a you-know-what attack like the others then i wouldn't be surprised if peoples voting intentions could change if this is a big deal later.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Normally I tend not to worry about anything, very little has that much effect on our long established infrastructure and we're stable enough to cope with most things, but this has got me rattled. Couldn't sleep on Monday night with it running around my head.

Very sure that remain will win.