Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    The reason any off those are on a list is to set up in a low wages country. I love it when people have fingers in ears when they complain about people with fingers in ears.

Europe wants low wages to compete. That list shows how they try to achieve it.

Be mad at who is on the list all you like but it's on there.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Is it bad that I still have no ****ing idea which way to vote with 2 days to go?

All I see is both sides telling half truths and bullshit guessed to what will happen. Its all about the fear.... exactly like the Scottish Indi Ref.

Rides
    As far as I can see the exit arguments seem to hold more weight than the remain campaign which seems to completely rely on fear and threats such as emergency budgets and no more trade etc...

I choose to ignore most reports on it now and use my own common sense...

I believe we should be a part of Europe but not run by it - just because we leave it doesn't mean deals will end just that they need to be renegotiated, and as a independent we can have more choice what we accept.. The main problem then will be that we probably have the worst government out of all the eu, so let's hope the UK grows a pair and sorts them next.

Like everyone else in charge in the UK at the min... They want to stay in Europe to pass the responsibility of shat economy etc onto someone else, both party's want to remain in the eu so they are not solely responsible for the state of their own country

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    So why can't we remain in the EU and lead from the front rather than being "run by it". Which I would disagree is the case but anyway...

Oh yes, because like a bunch of idiots, the majority voted in a load of people to European Parliament from a party that doesn't even want to be there. We deserve everything we get from the EU while that is the case.

Rides

WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    As far as I can see the exit arguments seem to hold more weight than the remain campaign which seems to completely rely on fear and threats such as emergency budgets and no more trade etc...

I choose to ignore most reports on it now and use my own common sense...

I believe we should be a part of Europe but not run by it - just because we leave it doesn't mean deals will end just that they need to be renegotiated, and as a independent we can have more choice what we accept.. The main problem then will be that we probably have the worst government out of all the eu, so let's hope the UK grows a pair and sorts them next.

Like everyone else in charge in the UK at the min... They want to stay in Europe to pass the responsibility of shat economy etc onto someone else, both party's want to remain in the eu so they are not solely responsible for the state of their own country

I'm trying to find any argument by the leave camp that is actually the truth, if you are going to vote leave, at least do it based on something that is actually true and not the shite spouted by Boris et al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides

WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    So why can't we remain in the EU and lead from the front rather than being "run by it". Which I would disagree is the case but anyway...

Oh yes, because like a bunch of idiots, the majority voted in a load of people to European Parliament from a party that doesn't even want to be there. We deserve everything we get from the EU while that is the case.
    Totally agree. Farage was actually a member of the fisheries committee, but never turned up to vote.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I'm trying to find any argument by the leave camp that is actually the truth, if you are going to vote leave, at least do it based on something that is actually true and not the shite spouted by Boris et al

I never said it was the truth.... But it's probably better to be led by someone's misguided good intentions rather than forced into a corner with fear tactics

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    TBH the whole of UK politics needs a boot up the arse. Its full of career politicians who are in it for themselves. This is why I believe regardless of the result, we'll still be ****ed.

Rides
    I never said it was the truth.... But it's probably better to be led by someone's misguided good intentions rather than forced into a corner with fear tactics

Seriously? So what happens if we vote leave and we do happen to go into some form of economic meltdown? Gove is an utter liar. Not a bit of a liar, a steaming pile of shit liar who wouldn't know the truth or evidence for anything if it came and beat him to death. "Leaving will not impact the economy at all", well the fact that the pound and the FTSE have rallied after polls have showed Remain have made some ground back on Leave suggests that is not true in the slightest. The main arm of Remain may have been run on fear tactics, but there is plenty of positive evidence out there to support staying. The fact that the politicians choose not to use it is testament to their opinion of the British people, not an excuse to vote the other way!

Rides
    In or out our own people in power will screw us no matter what......

At least out they can't blame anyone else!

Do you really think the whole economy will just implode because we pull out of one agreement and have to make another? It will hiccup while it get sorted then stabilise again... People seem to think it's like killing off the rest or Europe from our doors if we vote out - I bet you a pound to a pinch of shit a lot ot of other countries follow on after if we do leave, and probably best... Put countries in charge of their own finances and if they fail it's on them, will probably cut back on a lot of issues if there's no safety net

Rides
    Like immigration..... Don't listen to the top 10% of the country telling you it's not a problem - go look in the places where they put all the migrants....

It's one thing to say there's no issues from the south of the country where all the migrants have jobs selling coffee and cleaning cars, but places like the rough back end of Rotherham where they roam in gangs raping and stealing is a totally different story...

Same for brexit - it's OK for a millionaire businessman who lives in France half the year and pays tax in other cheaper countries to say remain in.... But the average self employed tradesman or factory worker (90% of the employed outside of London) see the leave as a benefit - but never get their voices heard due to having no power anywhere in the UK anymore.

I think in the last 3 months I have met 2 maybe 3 people who have agreed with the remain and a few hundred who want out.

Rides
    In or out our own people in power will screw us no matter what......

At least out they can't blame anyone else!

Do you really think the whole economy will just implode because we pull out of one agreement and have to make another? It will hiccup while it get sorted then stabilise again... People seem to think it's like killing off the rest or Europe from our doors if we vote out - I bet you a pound to a pinch of shit a lot ot of other countries follow on after if we do leave, and probably best... Put countries in charge of their own finances and if they fail it's on them, will probably cut back on a lot of issues if there's no safety net

It's not just leaving one agreement and making another. Uncertainty is the absolute worst thing for any economy and by leaving we enter into a period of uncertainty that will last for an indeterminable length of time. How long will it take to make these new agreements? What duties will be levied in them? How much will the cost for whatever the items covered in those agreement change by? While there is uncertainty, you significantly reduce the interest in businesses who have the capital to want to invest in the country because there is a whole load of unknowns going in. There is no such thing as a sure bet but if you owned a decent sized business and were thinking about expanding but now the economy is looking shaky because you don't know how your overheads will change - are you going to invest? Of course not.

I can see how Leaving may benefit small businesses, but for larger companies its a dreadful idea and unfortunately, they are employing the lions share of people. As a personal example, JLR has 10s of thousands of employees in this country and have committed to investing here, but if overheads start spiralling or are at the very least uncertain, then that investment will slow or stop which doesn't just stop jobs being created in JLR, it hinders construction and all sorts of other industries that support that investment.

No one is saying that 100% of immigrants are coming here and doing the right thing - but then it's not like 100% of British people are living here doing the right thing either is it? The majority of immigrants I have come across in various areas of the country have moved here to improve their situation and contribute accordingly, the ones who aren't are in the minority as much as the British people fleecing the benefits system are. But as per, it's been blown out of all proportion by the media.

Rides

Yer coz leave would never go with the fear tactics

'75m Turks waiting to come to the UK' ring any bells

Farage has lead a campaign based on fear, xenophobia and made up numbers and people are lapping it up because its what they want to hear because of the shit they have read in the Sun and the Mail. And if anyone votes leave because of it then they are an idiot.

This is a too bigger deal for the little people to decide IMO, far too many people voting for the wrong reasons either way based on shit they have read on facebook or in the rags. We voted in MPs to make this sort of decision for the good of the country and they should be trusted to make that call. Its like storming into your MDs office and demanding he stops trading with the French, puts decaf in the coffee machine and stops employing people called Jose.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yer coz leave would never go with the fear tactics

'75m Turks waiting to come to the UK' ring any bells

Farage has lead a campaign based on fear, xenophobia and made up numbers and people are lapping it up because its what they want to hear because of the shit they have read in the Sun and the Mail. And if anyone votes leave because of it then they are an idiot.

This is a too bigger deal for the little people to decide IMO, far too many people voting for the wrong reasons either way based on shit they have read on facebook or in the rags. We voted in MPs to make this sort of decision for the good of the country and they should be trusted to make that call. Its like storming into your MDs office and demanding he stops trading with the French, puts decaf in the coffee machine and stops employing people called Jose.

I think speaking to some older generation of people, like my nan and others, they all say that they never really wanted in the EU, and it was touted as being the next best thing from sliced bread when we did join. obviously that wasn't the case so I do think a lot of people are bitter in that respect.

now immigration, it's a tough call the tbh, and we have a few issues that all need sorting.

for instance, hospital tourists, the ones that can freely fly over here. have stupidly expensive operations , and then fly home to save their money, that imo is a joke

BUT we do have thousands of lazy fat British people, that do things like eat themselves to obesity so they can get gastric bands/lipo on the nhs.

benefits, I do know of plenty of Europeans that come over here, get a council house, and benefits and esneitally are worth 30k a year for doing nothing. likewise we have plenty of brits doing the same thing.

overall, there are some negatives to the EU, and generally they do abuse some of our systems. we need to comply cut off some of this crap, if doing the EU fixed those kinds of issues costing us billions every year I support it. but likewise they need to sort out all the lazy ****ing brits doing the same shit.

I'm sick of seeing people having a fine a fairly luxurious life for sitting on their are all day, I work hard, I pay my bills, I do best to get by month to month, save the pennies for a rainy day.

and then I see some ****er who has no worries, has more spare cash than me each month, and can sit there doing duck all forever.

likewise , my nan has this issue with someone near her, she worked her whole life as a short hand typist, whilst being a car we for my grandfather who had MS, and raised my mother. she managed to pay a mortgage for all those years, ow it's just her, she saves every bit of pension she gets incase her house needs work, and if she ever need a to go into care they'll basically take her house and sell it to cover the costs.

one of her neighbours, because she doesn't own the house, gets completely taken care of, has more money each month, no maintenance to worry about, and no house to worry about losing etc.

so basically, work your whole life to save something , and get ****ed over...

Rides
    I dont think anyone believes the EU to be amazing but we are better in than out. I keep hearing loads of other countries will leave if we do, if thats the case those countries should all get together and make the EU a better place

Ideally we should have left when they brought the Euro in.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Postal vote now in, voting by post as we're away on the day... turns out postal votes are brilliant! You cant miss a vote, and you dont have to go on a specific day / evening - you can vote at your leisure - which sounds minor but for people who are busy it's ideal

I still dont buy the whole immigration thing, if we were doing all the jobs as Brits, people wouldn't be wanting to come here, as they'd all already be taken - especially as we have a pretty decent minimum wage these days.

Yes, it's frustrating that people who have nothing to lose have no motivation to move upwards - be they British nationals or not, due to an overly generous welfare system which is a hangover from years gone by, but this has been getting tightened up, especially those who are entitled to it.

There's too much emotion behind people voting angles on this, and not enough thought and research. Largely that's the same with the campaigners too, making their cases either way hard to swallow.

I hope we stay, but which ever way we go, I see a lot of moaning coming from the losers.

Rides
    Perhaps they will join us as a new brittish empire... If we get someone decent in control other countries might want back in

Rides
    Ah the good old British Empire where we marched into other peoples countries and took everything we wanted
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I hope we stay, but which ever way we go, I see a lot of moaning coming from the losers.
    Bit like the Scottish referendum then

Rides
    I see the immigration from another scale having worked in warehouses and factories since i left school.

Whilst i agree with Zornyan about those who come over just to try and get benefits and council houses etc are the problem. They are far out weighed by the genuine hard working, decent Europeans that come over here to find a better life for themselves. These people, some who are young have came over here barely being able to string an English sentence together and still manage to get a job and contribute to British society by paying tax and NI. This is a total embarrassment to the lazy ignorant Brits who "won't get out of bed for less than £8 per hour" (trust me i've heard it a LOT). There are obviously those among us who will have any job because its a job and earns money, it means we can be proud that we are supporting ourselves and not been spoon fed. But in real terms GB is an expensive country, there is a reason many things are outsourced to cheaper countries and some jobs are low pay.

Speaking strictly about my job, BMW group are very pro vote remain, the letter that we all received basically spells it out that there would likely be job cuts, no wage rises and potential plant relocation's if we leave the EU. I don't think my job is at risk in the short term, but certainly within the next 10 years i could see BMW pulling out of the UK if we voted leave in this referendum. A huge amount of the parts come from Poland, Hungary etc so it wouldn't make sense to them if they had to pay more just to have the Mini's built over here. Plant Oxford is already one of BMW's most expensive plants.