Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Apart from the backstop it is May's deal yes, but most of that was generally accepted by Parliament as a fair deal.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Apart from the backstop it is May's deal yes, but most of that was generally accepted by Parliament as a fair deal.
    and bemoaned by all and sundry as "not good enough" and "keeping us tied to the EU" etc etc etc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Can we just leave? By we, I mean Scotland, if you guys wanna **** yourselves back to the stone age thats fine but we kinda like it the way things are.
    Careful what you wish for there my friend

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    The SNP want to "bundle" Jeremy Corbyn into Downing Street to secure a new independence referendum in 2020, Boris Johnson has claimed.

The prime minister told the Tory party conference that the SNP may try to put the Labour leader in power to deliver fresh votes on independence and Brexit.

Rides
    Scotland leaving the uk would be a disaster for trident, relocation or leasing the base from an independent Scotland would be big expense for uk taxpayers, the later would be great for Scotland

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Scotland leaving the uk would be a disaster for trident, relocation or leasing the base from an independent Scotland would be big expense for uk taxpayers, the later would be great for Scotland
    I can't see it working out well for Scotland if they go independent, Spain have said they would veto Scotland's EU membership, I believe this is because the Catolonians and the Basques both want independence from Spain.

Scotland is also a very small nation, for example more people live in London than Scotland.

Some of the Scots I have spoken to seem to think they will get their oil back if they go independent, if I can remember correctly I think their oil is being stolen by private companys and not the British government.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Getting bored of people throwing insults at each other (even though they are terrible). Stop with the personal attacks or I’ll just close the thread.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    There is not enough people in Scotland wanting to go independent regardless of what the loud SNP want everyone to think.

Rides
    That wouldn’t bother Corbyn. He is CND remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I can't see it working out well for Scotland if they go independent, Spain have said they would veto Scotland's EU membership, I believe this is because the Catolonians and the Basques both want independence from Spain.

Scotland is also a very small nation, for example more people live in London than Scotland.

Some of the Scots I have spoken to seem to think they will get their oil back if they go independent, if I can remember correctly I think their oil is being stolen by private companys and not the British government.
    I thought North Sea Oil was becoming prohibitively expensive to extract anyway

Rides
    Hasn't it mostly gone already?

Mind you, they might get their fishing grounds back, first from the EU and then from the English.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I thought North Sea Oil was becoming prohibitively expensive to extract anyway

The offshore industry hasn't really recovered since the 2016 oil price collapse.

Offshore work used to be quite lucrative, doesn't seem very busy out there at the moment.

Rides
    The offshore industry hasn't really recovered since the 2016 oil price collapse.

Offshore work used to be quite lucrative, doesn't seem very busy out there at the moment.
    But wasn't it for a while a lot more expensive? Cheaper to import I thought, like our coal...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Getting bored of people throwing insults at each other (even though they are terrible). Stop with the personal attacks or I’ll just close the thread.
    Sorry dude...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    But wasn't it for a while a lot more expensive? Cheaper to import I thought, like our coal...
    The easy stuff has been heavily depleted, further reserves exist but require investment to bring them online.
    Obviously with the price of oil low thats not gunna happen, so in the short term I guess it is cheaper to import.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    The easy stuff has been heavily depleted, further reserves exist but require investment to bring them online.
    Obviously with the price of oil low thats not gunna happen, so in the short term I guess it is cheaper to import.
    Found the answer.

Brent Crude (North Sea) and West Texan is much lighter than the crude oil generally available from OPEC and tends to be more expensive as well.

The North Sea is the most drilled offshore area in the world apparently with the Norwegians having most of it.

But still, we can lay claim to the worst offshore oil rig disaster in the world. Piper Alpha, although I believe deep water horizon leaked more oil. But they don’t seem to know how much oil was leaked from Piper but I think it was mainly the gas part that exploded

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides

Yeah, we didn't go independent as it meant we'd be kept inside the EU...... thats worked well for us o.0.

Yeah, we're a small nation, but that has zero baring on anything. We have a similar population to Ireland, Norway and Finland. 2 Of which are in the EU and 1 has an agreement

Also, its not about getting it back, its about the tax revenue generated being kept in Scotland and not sent down south.

I've always been on the fence with Independance but right now being torn out the EU seems no worse than being independent trying to get back in.

Rides
    Difference is, Norway is Rich, Finland has a highly industrialised economy and Ireland is into Life Science etc. Scotland may have a similar population to Ireland but it’s economy is less than half.

Rides
    Calls for Welsh Independance have started as well.

People claim the EU will collapse in a few short years, it's looking increasingly likely that it'll be the UK that breaks apart instead

Rides
    I'll move to Scotland if the leave the uk and join the EU

Mainly because living some where in Europe was part of my retirement plan.

Rides
    I'll move to Scotland if the leave the uk and join the EU

Mainly because living some where in Europe was part of my retirement plan.
    Scotland would need an influx like that if it did leave Britain. Even the dyed in the wool Scottish Independence lot tend to realise they're chopping their nose off to spite face.