Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    I'm just saying, because you have a particular job or education does not make you any more informed on matters that basically have jack shot to do with what you studied.
    Yes, but it does seem to have affected how they have voted, thats all.

end of the day, maybe the older generation see something we dont?
    Or maybe they dont give a damn about the stuff that we do, like freedom of movement, tariff free imports and exports and Human Rights?

they have a shit ton more real life experience than you or i, which does give them a good amount of insight as to what could happen either way.
    Trust me, when it comes to European employment law, economics, business and trade unless they too ran an international recruitment business for 16 years they dont have more experience than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    At the end of the day we have our result and have to make the best of it, whether in the long-term it will be for better or worse only time will tell

One thing I was wondering is if anyone feels other countries may not also consider their position and look to leave? Personally I don't think they will in the short-term, but then I was surprised that we, as a majority, have voted out

Rides
    Graduates...lol

Seriously folks, you can be a certified mong to get many a scroll.

Rides
    You want mongs, I caught some TV interviews with leave voters earlier:

* Why did you vote leave? "Bluddy immigrants coming here"
    * How will leaving help you? "Dunno really"
    * Your reaction to the result? "Didn't think we'd actually leave"

No correlation between vote and wage changes under EU immigration. Big correlation with income though, poorer people just wanted to give someone a kicking.

In the past these people would pull their socks up and graft to improve their lot, now they just sit on their arse and blame others. Casual nationalism promoted by the Mail/Sun/Express.

http://www.resolutionfoundation.org/...nd-inequality/

Rides
    Well that has proper F****D it.

I'm F****D my dentist is Portuguese, can't see him working 3/4 pay.

Don't want anyone coming here, well the yanks are going to find UK holidays are the cheapest they have ever been. Even rednecks might be able to afford them.

A lot of air travel costs are charged in dollars, fuel, parts. So not only are your foreign holidays now 30% dearer on exchange rate but could be 50%. So that's the UK's foreign holiday firms F****D.

British farmers may be able to produce more without being paid to not produce but they won't have east European labour to pick it, so it will rot in the fields. And the market they would sell into is going to be closed anyway.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    You want mongs, I caught some TV interviews with leave voters earlier:

* Why did you vote leave? "Bluddy immigrants coming here"
    * How will leaving help you? "Dunno really"
    * Your reaction to the result? "Didn't think we'd actually leave"

No correlation between vote and wage changes under EU immigration. Big correlation with income though, poorer people just wanted to give someone a kicking.

In the past these people would pull their socks up and graft to improve their lot, now they just sit on their arse and blame others. Casual nationalism promoted by the Mail/Sun/Express.

http://www.resolutionfoundation.org/...nd-inequality/

plenty of vote 'stay people were ****ing mongs too, so that's both sides.

one person said to me if we left the EU then our economy will crash and we'll all have to abandon ship..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Well that has proper F****D it.

I'm F****D my dentist is Portuguese, can't see him working 3/4 pay.

Don't want anyone coming here, well the yanks are going to find UK holidays are the cheapest they have ever been. Even rednecks might be able to afford them.

A lot of air travel costs are charged in dollars, fuel, parts. So not only are your foreign holidays now 30% dearer on exchange rate but could be 50%. So that's the UK's foreign holiday firms F****D.

British farmers may be able to produce more without being paid to not produce but they won't have east European labour to pick it, so it will rot in the fields. And the market they would sell into is going to be closed anyway.

the pound will restabilise against the dollar, the big 'marker crash' they said earlier has already been reduced by more than half. it'll calm down soon

Rides
    Quite amusing the people who think we'll actually leave. The referendum result is a negotiating position.

And even if we do leave, we'll still be paying exactly the same amount to remain a member of the single market.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    Spain’s Foreign Minister has already made a claim for Gibraltar, are you even following the coverage?

Leave campaign's leaders were Boris and Gove who will be senior figures (PM/Chancellor?) in the government in a few months time. Were you even following the campaign?

Proof? You just answered it yourself, the drop in Sterling was enough to put us behind France. What are you smoking, ITV shares are down 19% Fund managers cannot throw trillions of pensioners money around willy-nilly on an hourly basis.

Yes I'm bitter, only because I know it's a futile protest vote. There's no way Brexit will stop immigration or make us better off. Get working on your excuses now for when they don't happen.
    Spain were making issues for Gib long before the referendum (surprised you didnt know), so no change there then. Its an easy one to sort, say we'll discuss Gib when they give back Ceuta and Melila.

When I checked ITV was well up on the day, down on yesterday. And day/hourly trading is possible. The pound recovered most of the drop and the ftse 100 is above where it was a week ago. Theres been a bump but it will recover.

Gove's ruled out running for PM, Boris might but I suspect it'll be May. If you're that bothered you could join the tories and have a say on it. Dont join, dont have a say but dont then moan about something you refused to engage in.

No one has said it'll stop immigration. It might well make us better off but it will take time. Damning on one day is a little rash.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Gibraltar needs free movement to survive iirc so the latest bid is a lot more significant than the past ones I believe.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    the pound will restabilise against the dollar, the big 'marker crash' they said earlier has already been reduced by more than half. it'll calm down soon
    I was with legal counsel yesterday and for one company he operates for he'd put something like 30 hours in enacting disaster recovery plan - they've had an exit plan of their own for this eventuality and are now in full swing exiting Britain. I can't imagine for a moment they're the only ones.

You could argue they're a financial industry and therefore not really a producer as such, or that they probably scrimp back on their taxes anyway, but they employ a lot of high earners in this country that pay higher rate taxes and I'd imagine a domicile switch will see those people go with their jobs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    the ftse 100 is above where it was a week ago.
    The 100 is not the best barometer of UK business though, the 250 is. That closed 7.2% down any recovery after the first hour of it being open is neither here nor there tbh.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    No one see the irony here? You're blaming groups you're not part of, the old, mongs (how nice of you), while they're blaming groups they're not part of, immigrants, societal elite.

Found this in the Guardian btl. Sums up around here.

A warehouse worker said "I only get a wage rise when the government puts the minimum wage up". The advice he was given when he posed this question to the local political canvassers was 'you need to work with your union'. They have NO union, if they join a union they are out. He said this, and they started to shuffle away, obviously with no answers. They parted by saying approach your employer with a request of a wage rise. He said 'I did, and he said "I have a 100 people waiting to take your job, if you don't want to work for £7.20 plenty will". The canvassers made a get away. His warehouse is full of good hardworking Polish and Romanian, he says they're great. But they live 8 to a house, he has a partner and 2 children to pay for, plus full rent. This is what real working people are having to deal with, NOT racism, NOT hate, just problems that they cannot solve because the system does not allow a level playing field. This is happening.

Edit: 72% of 18-24 year olds voted Remain, but with only a 43% turnout. So that's less than the national 48% Remainers. We can all play with percentages. Maybe they need to explain their apathy/ complacency.
    Last edited by cleanhands; 25-06-2016 at 09:51.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    No one see the irony here? You're blaming groups you're not part of, the old, mongs (how nice of you), while they're blaming groups they're not part of, immigrants, societal elite.

Found this in the Guardian btl. Sums up around here.

A warehouse worker said "I only get a wage rise when the government puts the minimum wage up". The advice he was given when he posed this question to the local political canvassers was 'you need to work with your union'. They have NO union, if they join a union they are out. He said this, and they started to shuffle away, obviously with no answers. They parted by saying approach your employer with a request of a wage rise. He said 'I did, and he said "I have a 100 people waiting to take your job, if you don't want to work for £7.20 plenty will". The canvassers made a get away. His warehouse is full of good hardworking Polish and Romanian, he says they're great. But they live 8 to a house, he has a partner and 2 children to pay for, plus full rent. This is what real working people are having to deal with, NOT racism, NOT hate, just problems that they cannot solve because the system does not allow a level playing field. This is happening.

Edit: 72% of 18-24 year olds voted Remain, but with only a 43% turnout. So that's less than the national 48% Remainers. We can all play with percentages. Maybe they need to explain their apathy/ complacency.

pretty much, one thing that did get me is this.

when my mother ended up in A&E a few years ago in romford, the nurses/doctors were basically not english, now I'm not just saying they were foreign, but a huge chunk of them had not even a basic understanding of the English language, my mother couldn't even understand half of what they told her because they couldn't coherently string a decent sentence together. in the end I had to go and find an English ward sister, and physically say I'd rather someone that can actually speak English deal with my mum because she was getting told different stories left right and center.

Rides
    Great news for any Remainders who are unwilling to accept the result....there are another 28 countries that are still in, if you don't want to live in a democracy but be quickly before the drawbridges get pulled up !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Be careful JW you may be deemed to old and illiterate to express your opinion on this subject .

Rides
    Seriously enough bickering. It's happened, stop stirring shit. BOTH sides.

We're supposed to be the United Kingdom. We're anything but right now and this continuing arguing is not going to help anyone. The vote was for out, let's just get on with it and see where we end up. Tired of seeing contrary remarks everywhere and snide comments.

Rides
    So now this petion has been done to re vote can't everyone that voted out do a petition to not do another?

Rides
    Online petitions are a ****ing travesty

Rides
    The one thing that should have happened is the vote should have included 16+ year olds IMHO.

Glad Camoron has gone.

punch in the eye to the establishment.

That euro prick makes me glad were out. "It wasn't a good relationship" "It will not be an amicable divorce"

he sounds like the winging spaktards on facebook.

So last night the pound was were it was in feb.......why wasn't this news?

If you talk only doom and gloom that is what the perception will be and then it will force doom and gloom.

can people stop banging on about immigration. Most I know voted for leave without immigration being on there lips