Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1381

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post

Treason May was the worst Prime Minister in history, who lied constantly,
    Because Boris is the fountain of truth......

Anyway, who wants to see the definition of irony

Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Looks like the points system is unravelling. The original minimum salary requirement for immigrants has been dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    The Prime Minister Boris Johnson called the last general election because he could not get his withdrawal agreement through the remoaning parliment,
    Are you re-writing history now?

Boris Johnson's withdrawal act passed Parliament, amended, in October last year.

Johnson called the General election so he could delete the amendments and have it his way.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Are you re-writing history now?

Boris Johnson's withdrawal act passed Parliament, amended, in October last year.

Johnson called the General election so he could delete the amendments and have it his way.
    If the withdrawal agreement had been amended it wouldn't have been his withdrawal agreement would it That's why he called for a general election.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Because Boris is the fountain of truth......

Anyway, who wants to see the definition of irony

Don't you know Boris Johnson is the messiah, he will be the savior of our once great nation and will delever us all from the evil clutches of the EU
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 22-01-2020 at 12:52.

Rides
    If the withdrawal agreement had been amended it wouldn't have been his withdrawal agreement would it That's why he called for a general election.
    Really, all he did from becoming PM to the General Election was to manoeuvre into a position where he could blame all other parties for the Cons failing to deliver Brexit despite being in power the whole time. Luckily for the Cons, Labour were shit enough for it to easily work.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    Really, all he did from becoming PM to the General Election was to manoeuvre into a position where he could blame all other parties for the Cons failing to deliver Brexit despite being in power the whole time. Luckily for the Cons, Labour were shit enough for it to easily work.
    Agreed, he did very well, I find it hard to believe it was his own doing, was more than likely his puppet master that created the win win scenario.

Rides
    Well we've got about a week left and the bill is stuck in a game of ping-pong.

This not a problem tho?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51210602

Rides
    Lords will pass the bill. The press generally turn on the Lords (easy headlines to be had here) and the Lords will back down on any remaining amendments that the Commons rejects.

Rides
    You astonish me. You can’t even accept that you’re wrong. Demonstrably.

Worse, you’re such a Brexit sheep you can’t even see that the new bill is worse for people and workers in the U.K. There are less protections for the whole population in the new bill.

And to give you an idea of how shyte it is, today the Cons rejected the Lords amendment to allow refugee children to reunite with their families in the U.K. Why? Why would Johnson take that out? Give me your take on that.

Rides
    You astonish me. You can’t even accept that you’re wrong. Demonstrably.

Worse, you’re such a Brexit sheep you can’t even see that the new bill is worse for people and workers in the U.K. There are less protections for the whole population in the new bill.

And to give you an idea of how shyte it is, today the Cons rejected the Lords amendment to allow refugee children to reunite with their families in the U.K. Why? Why would Johnson take that out? Give me your take on that.
    No, you are incorrect if parliment had allowed Boris Johnsons withdrawal agreement through he wouldn't have called a general election.

The remoaning Lords are trying the same thing now, trying to add amendments to the bill that will just frustrate Brexit, parliment have ping ponged it straight back, the withdrawal agreement is for 11 months only the government have been quite clear on that.

Amendments that have nothing to do with Brexit have no place in the new bill, as this will just make it even more complicated, if parliment genuinely want to help these children they should do so on a seperate bill and not use the new bill as an Avenue for such legislation.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 22-01-2020 at 19:52.

Rides
    Now this is laughable.

A Brexit party MEP thinks Britain should have a say regarding EU law even though Britain would no longer be a member

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9294051.html

Rides
    Edit. It’s just not worth it.
    Last edited by piman2k; 22-01-2020 at 21:18.

Rides
    Edit. It’s just not worth it.
    I take it that you yield sir

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I take it that you yield sir
    No, I think hes just fed up of arguing with a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    No, I think hes just fed up of arguing with a moron.
    That's a bit strong coming from someone who struggles with reading and comprehension.

Rides
    That's a bit strong coming from someone who struggles with reading and comprehension.
    That’s a bit rich coming from someone who cannot read or write.

Rides
    No I disagree, your analogy can't be applied to us leaving the EU, as it would be in the EU's interest to offer us an unsatisfactory deal, which would force us to stay in the bloc, that has been tried already and the people are wise to it.

We do not need a trade deal from the EU, we have a 93 billion pound trade defecit in our favour, and we would do quite well from the tariffs that will be applied on WTO terms if a satisfactory agreement can not be reached.

At the moment we have free trade with the EU, so any agreement we come to other than another free trade agreement would be worse than the deal we have at the moment, this is democracy, the people voted to leave, not to leave on the condition that we get a free trade deal with the EU.

It is possible we could end up with a worse trade deal with the EU than what we have now, without the EU's protectionism we will be able to negotiate much more favourable trade deals with the rest of the world and as you know the rest of the world is much larger than the EU.
    Btw the people aren’t wise to the EU offering an unsatisfactory deal... they have no choice because our politicians are incompetent and couldn’t negotiate a decent deal

Our 93 billion deficit means we will have to stump the cost of a no deal Brexit, not the EU. Sure Germany May be penalised, but the rest of the EU nations probably wouldn’t be affected that much.

You keep banging on about the rest of the world. But let’s be brutally honest, apart from the big developed countries, the others don’t have much to offer and it may still be cheaper with the developed countries on WTO terms due to subsidies... but not as cheap as now.

The EU is the largest trading block and still will be after we have left

Leaving the EU won’t prevent our fish swimming over maritime borders

Rides

Now it says the truth

Rides