Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post

I apologise, it was just a simple question, I thought you were gender neutral and didn't realise it would cause offence.
    Are you on crack or something?

Rides
    No but UKIP was and despite polling at roughly the same numbers it never won a single seat. Our FPTP system makes it very difficult to predict seat wins from polling figures to be fair.

Interestingly the Tory and Labour vote share last time round was the highest it's been in a very long time, the combined share of both partys was 82.4%. It was also the highest turnout since 1997. Both sides could shed a significant number of votes and still score a majority.

For example Blair won 355 seats with just 9.5m votes in 2005. Theresa May pulled 13.6m votes in 2017 and only won 317 seats, an increase of 2.3m votes over Cameron (who also won more seats with fewer numbers)

other constituencies like Mansfield for example have been Liebour since the seat was created in 1885 and voted Conservative last time because they didn't find Corbyn and Liebours handling of Brexit acceptable.
    Ed Balls lost his seat which was also long term Labour

Rides
    The decision the supreme court made yesterday means parliamentarians are now sitting in parliament, without the supreme courts intervention they would NOT be sat in parliament.

This means the Supreme Court HAS become involved in politics and has also given parliament direction.
    for the last god damn time, Parliament has not been given direction. Parliament has been allowed to continue its work. It was unlawfully stopped from doing that.

Jesus wept.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    for the last god damn time, Parliament has not been given direction. Parliament has been allowed to continue its work. It was unlawfully stopped from doing that.

Jesus wept.
    The fact that parliament is sitting today verifies that the Supreme court has given parliament direction.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it hasn't, and it is irrelevant if one of your gods is crying, the above statement is still correct.

Rides
    You’re either thick as mud or we are at crossed wires.

What do you mean by direction? By direction, I mean imposing a will and guiding a conversation.

Rides
    I have my uncle hooked on Game of Thrones. Just sat and watched the long night with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post

Ed Balls lost his seat which was also long term Labour
    Loosing your Balls is never good, unless its Ed's

Rides
    Crikey, last night was bad in the HoC. I watched an hour and a half of it, never thought I'd see Johnson get more arrogant, more disingenuous. Guess I was wrong.

Rides
    He didn't take criticism well, by the end of it the media had all the soundbites they needed to make him look a proper numpty.
    No actual work was done though, just more arguments and name calling.

Nothing is going to be done till mid-late October tho so no great surprise.

Rides
    Goodness me, if you're watching now at lunch, it's a different animal today. Evidentally they've all had the night to digest the shit show yesterday.

Rides
    Well Bojo isnt there telling everyone they are talking bollox
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides

Rides
    I think your definition of interesting is very different to mine.

A column by a Daily Mail writer who completely disregards that the Court established the motive for prorogation and then acts confused about why it’s a big deal, well that’s just standard Daily Mail.
    Last edited by piman2k; 27-09-2019 at 06:15.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Can we just leave? By we, I mean Scotland, if you guys wanna **** yourselves back to the stone age thats fine but we kinda like it the way things are.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Can we just leave? By we, I mean Scotland, if you guys wanna **** yourselves back to the stone age thats fine but we kinda like it the way things are.
    Yup.
    I know what you mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Rt hon Geoffrey Cox Attorney General.

Appointed by her Majesty Queen.

https://youtu.be/jp865xUXMrg

For reference:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atto...land_and_Wales

It is about time these traitors faced the electorate.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 28-09-2019 at 10:48.

Rides
    Im out. And here's why...

I don't trust politicians in our own country. House of commons, house of lords, it's all prehistoric, greasey pole stuff. They're all on a gravey train and the amount of corruptness about it is quite shocking. Peerage, old boys club, what school you went to....etc

Now I trust Europe even less. There's 27 more levels of shit and politics. And they all have their own interests which is understandable.

I voted leave originally and I still vote leave. Poor MSG's from both sides to be fair. But that's my thoughts.

Rides
    We need the EU to protect us from our own government imo

Rides
    Rt hon Geoffrey Cox Attorney General.

Appointed by her Majesty Queen.

https://youtu.be/jp865xUXMrg

For reference:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atto...land_and_Wales

It is about time these traitors faced the electorate.
    Honestly you are a ****ing bellend. There are no traitors in Parliament you uneducated twat. Language like that means you just have less of an idea than we all thought. Mug.

The conservatives want an election because it means Parliament will be dissolved and the net effect is the same as prorogation. The opposition aren’t idiots so won’t commit to it. Rocket science it is not.

It’s also NOT about time for anyone to face the electorate. This Parliament was ELECTED in 2017, AFTER the referendum, it accurately reflects the divisions in the country which is why it’s struggling to pass things and it’s 2 years into its 5 year term. Cox has been ridiculed for that nonsensical statement but, then again, he was part of the advice that BJ gave to the Queen...
    Last edited by piman2k; 28-09-2019 at 20:49.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    Im out. And here's why...

I don't trust politicians in our own country. House of commons, house of lords, it's all prehistoric, greasey pole stuff. They're all on a gravey train and the amount of corruptness about it is quite shocking. Peerage, old boys club, what school you went to....etc

Now I trust Europe even less. There's 27 more levels of shit and politics. And they all have their own interests which is understandable.

I voted leave originally and I still vote leave. Poor MSG's from both sides to be fair. But that's my thoughts.
    Yet somehow all 27 of these levels of shot and politics managed to agree to a deal as well as us?