Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1381

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    I didnt say they were stupid, you did. Not understanding does not mean you are stupid

Do you understand the full ramifications of leaving the EU? Not in the slightest, you probably think you do but you havent a clue.........
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I didnt say they were stupid, you did. Not understanding does not mean you are stupid

Do you understand the full ramifications of leaving the EU? Not in the slightest, you probably think you do but you havent a clue.........
    I don’t think anyone does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    We always could choose who came in.

And we had the right to send people who couldn’t support themselves financially home after as little as 3 months (maybe 6, I would have to check). We just didn’t exercise it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    but at least now we can choose who comes in.
    Non EU migration is at the same level as EU migration. So what makes you think anything is going to change when we let just as many people in who we have say over than the ones we dont.

5 years down the line we will still be letting in the same amount of people and all the leavers will be up in arms there are still Polish people cleaning their car.............
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Absolutely.

Plus you can bet your bottom dollar that any trade deal with China or India or the like is going to come with Visa quotas. Why wouldn’t they exercise that muscle?

It’ll be fascinating.

Rides

It would be impossible to understand the full ramifications of leaving the EU as we haven't left yet and we have been entangled with the EU for over 40 years, all we can do is speculate.

Do the people understand the ramifications of voting a massive Tory majority in which will mean no effective opposition for a generation, probably not, but they did and that is how our democracy works.

Rides
    Non EU migration is at the same level as EU migration. So what makes you think anything is going to change when we let just as many people in who we have say over than the ones we dont.

5 years down the line we will still be letting in the same amount of people and all the leavers will be up in arms there are still Polish people cleaning their car.............

We will have to let more people in so the goverment can pay for our pensions as the UK birth rate is too low, the difference is that with no open border from the EU we have more control over the undesirables that come in from the EU, the paedofiles the rapists the thieves the conman ect.
    Just because someone voted leave does not mean they are racist or anti immigration, many leave voters just dont believe in the European dream as they can see it is destined to fail just like Yanis Varoufakis who is an economist and was an elected member of the Greek government.

https://youtu.be/nGt82RFfg3U

Rides
    It would be impossible to understand the full ramifications of leaving the EU as we haven't left yet and we have been entangled with the EU for over 40 years, all we can do is speculate.

Do the people understand the ramifications of voting a massive Tory majority in which will mean no effective opposition for a generation, probably not, but they did and that is how our democracy works.
    But dont you agree there are experts with economic degrees and other experience that have a better idea of the pros and cons than Steve from the Kings Head who want to 'take our country back'?

General elections are every 5 years max so changes can be made virtually 'overnight', this is a once in a lifetime decision and totally different, it needs to be the right decision for the country as a whole over a long period of time. Not because Henry voted for UKIP MEPs and is now pissed off because they dont actually represent him. (which has been their plan from Day 1)
    Mark is right.

Rides
    But dont you agree there are experts with economic degrees and other experience that have a better idea of the pros and cons than Steve from the Kings Head who want to 'take our country back'?

General elections are every 5 years max so changes can be made virtually 'overnight', this is a once in a lifetime decision and totally different, it needs to be the right decision for the country as a whole over a long period of time. Not because Henry voted for UKIP MEPs and is now pissed off because they dont actually represent him. (which has been their plan from Day 1)
    Well it’s a once in a lifetime decision unless your name is Sturgeon

Rides
    We will have to let more people in so the goverment can pay for our pensions as the UK birth rate is too low, the difference is that with no open border from the EU we have more control over the undesirables that come in from the EU, the paedofiles the rapists the thieves the conman ect.
    The Birth rate has been around 1.6 to 1.9 since the mid 70s and is now 1.7 which is around the same as the US and higher than the Germany, Japan and China.

I think you will find most Paedos, rapists and conmen are home grown or from Asian backgrounds (grooming gangs up north) So leaving the EU will have zero affect on this.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    It could actually get worse. France will very likely no longer have to have Border control on their side... won’t have to bother with camps like Sangatte and just say it is the UK’s issue

Rides
    Before we joined the EEC, the UK was described as the sick man of Europe, a reference to the poor state of our economy, industry and growth when compared to the rest of Europe within the EEC. I don't see any reason why we should expect to perform any better now.

Leon, if there is an upcoming industrial revolution based on automation as many think there is, having a growing population is not going to be a good thing at all. This "jobless society" will need to turn current attitudes on it's head. The pension crisis (pyramid scheme) is currently being solved by forcing everyone working now to pay the pensions of the current pensioners (there was never a "pot" people paid into, it's always been current workers paying for current pensioners), but also paying into our own pensions. The goal of this must be to remove the state pension from most people at some future point (or keep kicking the age up, until even more people have died before being able to draw on it, which is essentially the same thing).

If we believe the "jobless society" is likely, we need to move towards a universal basic income of some kind and change perceptions that people who are out of work are to blame for being out of work.

What I do know is where I work, hiring staff is going to be harder, take longer and be more expensive as our talent pool is shrinking.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    Leon, if there is an upcoming industrial revolution based on automation as many think there is, having a growing population is not going to be a good thing at all. This "jobless society" will need to turn current attitudes on it's head.
    Its already started and its not just industry. Go into your local Tesco, about 10 tills open and a large percentage of people using self service, same in Boots, B&Q and even Mcdonalds now. You wont need people in retail, you press a button and you get what you want. And thats just the small number of people who still actually go into shops. Lots of people shopping online and amazon have robots that drive round the warehouse collecting orders.

I guess in 30 years everyone will be a robot technician............
    Mark is right.

Rides
    It’s so weird this point has come up, I was waiting for an interview and reading an article on exactly this subject

https://apple.news/Aeh7BwG9tQLSG45fQMiMTyQ

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    It’s so weird this point has come up, I was waiting for an interview and reading an article on exactly this subject

https://apple.news/Aeh7BwG9tQLSG45fQMiMTyQ
    I think this is a fairly short-term stopgap. A skills mismatch is one thing. An economy where the only "none-to-medium" skilled work that humans have available is where we're cheaper than robots/computers or involves creative endeavours that are not currently very suitable for automation (such as artists/musicians/film) simply creates a maths problem of there being enough jobs for 20% (pick a number to suit your confidence in automation) of the population. My advice to every kid I've spoken to on the topic is to try and aim for a career that can't be automated easily.

There are 2 ways to take that "post-jobs" future, one direction is to look after everyone with some form of universal income or move into a "post-scarcity economy" (of which there's lots of interesting reading out there). The other way is to say every man for himself, blame the poor for being poor, and let people die.

Rides
    The Birth rate has been around 1.6 to 1.9 since the mid 70s and is now 1.7 which is around the same as the US and higher than the Germany, Japan and China.
    A common feature of a developed country is a low birth rate and vice-versa for poorer countries.

Rides

I think you will find most Paedos, rapists and conmen are home grown or from Asian backgrounds (grooming gangs up north) So leaving the EU will have zero affect on this.

Germany had to recently let over a million refugees into their nation because of their low birth rate, most of the refugees grew up in a war zone which has caused them no end of problems.

It is a first world problem, we live in a pyramid society it's how the human race works, low birth rates basically means extinction and/or starvation and early death for the masses of the aging population.

https://theconversation.com/its-a-na...tically-121399

The 2008 crash proved that our form of capitalism doesn't work, we are not able to invest for our future, if this then leads to mass starvation and unemployment it will be time for us to look at another system, and not time for us to stop reproducing and employ population control, as this could lead to extinction.

Agreed, most paedophiles and rapists ect are home grown, but we dont need any more, a friend of mine caught the tram into the city, one Romanian women got on with about ten children who proceeded to try and pick pocket every ****ker on the tram, we have not had pick pockets like that up here since the nineteenth century.

An Australian type immigration system would limit the amount of these undesirables coming in.

Rides
    It would only limit it if people had already been convicted in their home country.

Rides
    There are more people alive today than have ever died. Its a fact, check it out and think about it for a full minute.

The ability to usefully employ those people is the least of our worries.

Rides
    Our economy works on growth, without growth we are in recession, recession leads to austerity ect.
    I can not see how our system is sustainable with a low birth rate and low immigration.