Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    I just don't buy it. He knows he can't win, I guess Labour are hoping that there's sufficient numbers elsewhere to keep Boris paralysed. But the Lib Dems and the Brexit Party are both going to cost Labour and the Tories votes.

What a mess.

And it gets worse. NIESR (who are politically neutral) are predicting a 3.5% reduction in GDP best case by 2029, which in real terms is £70 bn a year. How Brexiteers will reconcile that against the £39 bn (now £33 bn) 'divorce bill' is beyond me, basically wiping out the saving in less than 6 months, but I'm sure they'll find a way to spin it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50219036

Rides
    I still don't buy it's the right call. Johnson is a liar, he deceptive and self serving and this is pretty evident, if not inflammatory to say. But he's filthy in his tactics and he's not afraid to cross a line in a campaign. Which means he'll be more effective.

Corbyn doesn't have that campaign appeal in my opinion.

It's going to be a toxic campaign.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It will never be over because if we do leave everything that goes wrong in the country will be because of Brexit. And we dont leave everything will be because we didnt leave. In 50 years time people will still be saying 'well yer, Brexit'

Labour dont seem to know how deals work, you cant agree to it and then say 'but we want to change most of it' This is the deal, either say yes and no FFS.
    Everything that has gone wrong since is because of Brexit. We have had 2 weak Prime Ministers because Cameron was a coward.

It isn’t just labour, the people who voted Brexit were promised Deals by Bo Jo, Gove and that twat Mogg which were never going to happen.

I know people who voted Brexit because they didn’t like the Middle East African and Asian Immigrants....., what does that have to do with the EU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    About General Elections. I seem to remember Cameron creating a law that PMs couldn’t call for an early general election. And made it law that GEs could only be done every 5 years. What happened to that

Rides
    Get Brexit done !

Rides
    Lots of burn victims this morning, must be a lot of cream needed.

Rides
    I'm glad that toser won, now when it all goes wrong for us when we leave the EU everyone will know who to blame.

Rides
    Yesterday was a great day for our democracy, it has illustrated to all of those delusional remoaning snowflake MP's what happens when you try to circumvent the will of the people, the people dont vote for you.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 13-12-2019 at 15:38.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I'm glad that toser won, now when it all goes wrong for us when we leave the EU everyone will know who to blame.
    Exactly. The only good thing that can come now is that when it all goes tits up it will be a product of, and only of, this Conservative government. I’m sure the messages will be diluted and filled with lies about how whatever happens it’ll still be better than whoever else may have won. There’s no hiding from it now.

Hardly a solver lining but I will be there for the ‘I told you so’ when it comes around.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Exactly. The only good thing that can come now is that when it all goes tits up it will be a product of, and only of, this Conservative government. I’m sure the messages will be diluted and filled with lies about how whatever happens it’ll still be better than whoever else may have won. There’s no hiding from it now.

Hardly a solver lining but I will be there for the ‘I told you so’ when it comes around.

I told all of you remoaning snowflakes that parliment before this election did NOT represent the people.

I told all of you remoaning snowflakes that there would be a massive Tory majority.

I told all of you remoaning snowflakes that there would be a mid winter election.

I'm now telling all of you remoaning snow flakes that our great nation will not go tits up, and that Great Britain is an amazing nation with amazing highly skilled intelligent people that can accomplish anything that we set our minds to do.

Can you please stop being so negative and stop hating on our great nation, if you do not love our country and it's people then **** off to the EU and take the rest of the traitors with you.

Rides
    It still doesn’t represent the people because first past the post doesn’t deliver that.

The LD’s received 11% of the vote for 11 seats. The Cons got 44% of the vote but 363 seats.

The Greens had 2.7% of the vote for 1 seat. The SNP had 1 percent more but got 48 seats.

If you think that’s representative of the people, you’re stupid.

However we have no choice but to accept it as it’s a legal vote. We can only hope proportional representation becomes a thing. Soon.

Not supporting the government doesn’t make me a traitor. You continue to be a terrible troll.

Rides
    I’m just glad the SNP didn’t win more than 50 seats

Ruth Davidson has threatened to swim naked in Loch Ness if they had

Rides
    It still doesn’t represent the people because first past the post doesn’t deliver that.

The LD’s received 11% of the vote for 11 seats. The Cons got 44% of the vote but 363 seats.

The Greens had 2.7% of the vote for 1 seat. The SNP had 1 percent more but got 48 seats.

If you think that’s representative of the people, you’re stupid.

However we have no choice but to accept it as it’s a legal vote. We can only hope proportional representation becomes a thing. Soon.

Not supporting the government doesn’t make me a traitor. You continue to be a terrible troll.
    I'm well aware of how many people voted and for what party, with that said more people voted for the conservatives than any other party.

We had a democratic vote on proportional representation in 2011, the people rejected it.

Our prime minister asked the people for a mandate for Brexit, we gave him a majority of 80 seats.

I agree, having a difference of opinion to the goverment does not make you a traitor, you said our nation going tits up is a good thing how are you not a traitor when you have the same mind set and objectives as ISIS.

No one who loves their country would speak with such disrespect for their nation and it's people.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 13-12-2019 at 18:38.

Rides
    You just compared my statement to the behaviour of ISIS, and you expect me to take you seriously in this discussion.

Remarkable. You are stupid after all.

Rides
    You just compared my statement to the behaviour of ISIS, and you expect me to take you seriously in this discussion.

Remarkable. You are stupid after all.
    Incorrect,

ISIS believe it is a good thing if our nation goes tits up.

You believe it is a good thing if our nation goes tits up.

I said you share the same mind set and objectives as ISIS, which you have verified by your use of words above, I DID NOT say you behave like them, as far as I know you haven't blown any one up yet.

Rides
    I didn’t say you compared my behaviour, I said my statement. To their behaviour.

Gosh, this is painful. But I’m not judging you, some people are slow.

Rides
    I didn’t say you compared my behaviour, I said my statement. To their behaviour.

Gosh, this is painful. But I’m not judging you, some people are slow.
    Incorrect,

I did not mention the behavior of ISIS, this can be verified by reading my posts above, I said you share the same mindset and objectives as ISIS, which is a fact, and can be verified by reading your words above,

Insulting someone does not add any weight to your argument it actually has the opposite affect.

Rides
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

Rides
    ****in' 'ell. I remember the days when a keyboard cock would bring out all the pitchfork wielding lynch mob on SXOC.

Nowadays, we seem to be reduced to nerr-nerr-nee-nerr-nerr.

The tories got in. They are the most inclined to deliver on the referendum. Let's hope they get on with it.

Even if it plunged the whole fecking country into the biggest depression since the early 1930s (which I don't think it will), its still, IMO, the right thing to do in the long term because it will get us out from under a bureaucratic machine that chews money and makes laws that are in the best interest of the machine not the people of Europe and certainly not the people of the UK.

Worse, the economics of the machine is not sustainable and when it crashes the shockwaves inside the EU will be massively worse than the shockwaves for those outside it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-Europe, I'm in favour of simple, easy intra-European trading and limited controls over the movement of law-abiding nationals and goods between borders.

However, that doesn't make the EU a good idea and doesn't make the UK standing with one foot in it the right thing to do.

How fantastic would it be if there was a second party that believed in what it was doing and had practical, decent ideas for making the UK a better place.

What makes me laugh is the irony of there being regions like NI, Scotland and Catalunya that want to escape the clutches of their current nation but still want to stay in the EU. They want to wrest control from their nation's government (that they get to elect) and give it to a bigger faceless gang of bureaucrat criminals based even further away from their home soil.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    ****in' 'ell. I remember the days when a keyboard cock would bring out all the pitchfork wielding lynch mob on SXOC.

Nowadays, we seem to be reduced to nerr-nerr-nee-nerr-nerr.
    Yes, the good old days.

Nowadays very few normal people post on here, it's just being used by these leftist bots, as a social engineering platform like the majority of internet forums.

These bots post tens of thousands of posts across different forums but are members of none, fortunately for the silent majority they are terrible at social engineering, this can be verified by the Brexit referendum result and the latest general election result, the people can now see them.

The same thing has happened in the United states and is happening all over the world, the globalist left is on its last legs.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 14-12-2019 at 09:19.