Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1376

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

  1. #1061
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    984
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Leon, stop with the attack on mental illness. I’m removing your post.
    It was not an attack, I was just expressing my opinion, So I can be called all the names under the sun nothing gets said, when I Express my opinion my post gets removed, I thought as a moderator you should be unbiased?

  2. #1062
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,936
    Rides
    1
    I’m not going to debate this with you, in this case it’s a dictatorship. I feel the post was inappropriate so I removed it, please do not carry on in the same vein.
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  3. #1063
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    984
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I’m not going to debate this with you, in this case it’s a dictatorship. I feel the post was inappropriate so I removed it, please do not carry on in the same vein



    Edited by Chriscooke.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 09-01-2020 at 10:25.

  4. #1064
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,936
    Rides
    1
    Guys a debate is fine, personal insults are not. I assume you’re all adults? Act like it.
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  5. #1065
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,482
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I assume you’re all adults?
    Dafuk?

  6. #1066
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    984
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Guys a debate is fine, personal insults are not. I assume you’re all adults? Act like it.
    No insults in my posts ?

    This is discrimination

  7. #1067
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chelmsford,Essex
    Posts
    24,220
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I honestly don't agree with that. If the other party doesn't truly believe what they're debating with you, there seems no point having it.
    Most debating societies, you are given a subject and viewpoint to argue. Its not necessarily your personal viewpoint.

    Politicians (I know I'm on dodgy ground here) are supposed to argue and represent their voters not argue their own point of view.

    There is also the devil's advocate posture to consider.

    If the debate broadens the minds of the participants and potentially results in a shift of position to a less entrenched one then I believe it is a good thing.

    If its just baiting or trolling then its not really debating, is it ?

    When its reduced to personal insults and nur-nur-nee-nur-nur, its all a bit playground and has no intellectual value.

  8. #1068
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    984
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    So someone is very good at their job but believes in the EU and then you have someone who is useless but anti EU.

    You think the former should lose their job and the latter kept on?

    and we wonder why this country is in the shit
    No, I dont think the europhiles should lose their jobs or salary, after all it's not their fault, they have probably been systematically manipulated from an early age and are now just like robots programmed to take orders.

    They should not be involved with anything that has something to do with us leaving the EU as they can't be trusted regarding this matter, maybe move them to conservation or the environment.

  9. #1069
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    21,821
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    .

    They should not be involved with anything that has something to do with us leaving the EU as they can't be trusted regarding this matter, maybe move them to conservation or the environment.
    What are you on about. Everyone has a vested interest with what happens after we have left the EU!

    It is left to moderates and europhiles to ensure that it doesn’t go the way of the likes of Mogg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1070
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    984
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    What are you on about. Everyone has a vested interest with what happens after we have left the EU!

    It is left to moderates and europhiles to ensure that it doesn’t go the way of the likes of Mogg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes agreed, It is in everyone's interest what happens after we leave the EU.

    Fortunately the so called moderates and europhiles will not get to have a say anymore, and it will; due to the massive Tory majority go the way of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg so we can get Brexit done without giving too much away.

    I dont agree with what Thatcher did on a lot of things especially our industries, but I believe she did have the right idea regarding the EU:

    https://youtu.be/rNLVeAQvzn8

  11. #1071
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    21,821
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Yes agreed, It is in everyone's interest what happens after we leave the EU.

    Fortunately the so called moderates and europhiles will not get to have a say anymore, and it will; due to the massive Tory majority go the way of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg so we can get Brexit done without giving too much away.

    I dont agree with what Thatcher did on a lot of things especially our industries, but I believe she did have the right idea regarding the EU:

    https://youtu.be/rNLVeAQvzn8
    You’re still forgetting one thing. Saying the moderates and europhiles won’t have a say is misleading.

    The bill still has to passed by the House of Lords, which is being debated today. The government does not have a majority in the House of Lords and only their vote actually writes whatever is passed into law.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1072
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,482
    Rides
    0
    Can see there being quite the monster row if it doesnt pass in the Lords.

  13. #1073
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    19,560
    Rides
    0
    The lords won’t stop it. It’s not what they’re there for.

    This mentality about ‘giving stuff away’ with a harder Brexit is so illogical.

  14. #1074
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    21,821
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The lords won’t stop it. It’s not what they’re there for.

    This mentality about ‘giving stuff away’ with a harder Brexit is so illogical.
    They have blocked government bills in the past


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1075
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    19,560
    Rides
    0
    I can believe that. But can you imagine the political uproar that would happen if they did with this?

  16. #1076
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,482
    Rides
    0
    Yeah it would be the end of the lords thats for sure.

  17. #1077
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    984
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Yeah it would be the end of the lords thats for sure.
    Agreed, I think the present government are secretly hoping the Lords block the bill, if the Lords decide to oppose the will of the people and the government, with the government having such a strong majority they will finish them.

  18. #1078
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    19,560
    Rides
    0
    Not the will of the people. Will of some of the people. Doesn’t matter how many times will of ‘the people’ is said, it doesn’t make it true.

  19. #1079
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,482
    Rides
    0
    Yes but we can say that about any government so ... we have to draw a line.

  20. #1080
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    19,560
    Rides
    0
    Agreed, but on an issue as divisive as this, it stands a fair statement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •