Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Boris was right to kick those MP's out, they don't want to stop NO DEAL the want to stop BREXIT altogether.

The best way to stop NO DEAL was to leave it on the table, we now have no leverage whatsoever.

How can you not walk away from any negotiation, for example : you are selling your car for 6000 grand, I offer you a pound..... you have to take it because NO DEAL is off the table. :-)
    Disagree. It's folly to think that no deal could be treated like a monumental game of chicken. The EU knew full well it would take a special kind of nutter in charge to run with that line.... then Boris rolled in

Side effect stopping Brexit? Yeah maybe there was some of that in back of mind, but **** me you can't knock em for stopping a power crazed ****ing lunatic from hitting the nuclear meltdown button. Even if he was just spinning the yarn, it in many ways just proves the point of what a crazy ass idea using that as a negotiation tactic was in the first place.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Disagree. It's folly to think that no deal could be treated like a monumental game of chicken. The EU knew full well it would take a special kind of nutter in charge to run with that line.... then Boris rolled in

Side effect stopping Brexit? Yeah maybe there was some of that in back of mind, but **** me you can't knock em for stopping a power crazed ****ing lunatic from hitting the nuclear meltdown button. Even if he was just spinning the yarn, it in many ways just proves the point of what a crazy ass idea using that as a negotiation tactic was in the first place.
    Here here. 100% agreed.

No deal isn't an option, for us or the EU. So why gamble? If the game of chicken doesn't pay off, it's not him or the majority of the party he represents that will suffer. It's you and I.

It's my opinion, and opinion only, that Boris is targetting no deal anyway. There doesn't seem to be anything going on in the way of meaningful negotiation if you pick your way through the various press, he's blaming the backstop despite voting for a deal that originally included it and he's yet to provide any way around the back stop. What Parliament have done here is reign in the crazy a bit and hold him to account.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Getting monumentally sick of this crap, like really really sick of it.
    Both sides are acting like ****ing spoiled brats, i would love to just get a hold of each of them and smash there heads together until they start talking sense.

One of the really awful things that this whole mess has shown is that calling people names, making memes and generally being rather nasty to the "other side" tends to just get folks backs up and cause nothing but more rows.
    If these silly bastards actually tried to work out a compromise then we all might have been saved a lot of hassle.
    There should be no compromise, we all had a leaflet through the door from the government at the time which said:

Leave meant:

Out of single Market

Out of customs union

Stop free movement

By the way leave won

Some of us knew they were never going to go through with it, as the referendum provided the wrong answer, so they now will keep making us vote until they get the right answer like Ireland or they will just find an excuse to stop Brexit.
    We are no better than those third world countries were democratic votes get ignored all the time,and they have a civil war to sort it out instead.
    One good thing to come out of this is at least the masses can see that our so called democracy is an illusion.

If the UK leave with NO DEAL the EU is finished, it will be bankrupt within a few years, this is why all those that believe in the European dream are so hysterical about it.

There is No point in negotiating with NO DEAL off the table,we will just end up with a bad deal which wont meet the criteria that was set out in the government leaflet which is what we voted on, so it will not qualify as Brexit.

It is irrelevant what financial implications Brexit brings good or bad, we had a democratic vote and now that vote must be enacted.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 18-09-2019 at 08:53.

Rides
    we all had a leaflet through the door from the government at the time which said:

Leave meant:

Out of single Market

Out of customs union

Stop free movement

By the way leave won

Honestly did you bother to read that leaflet or are you just repeating what some other moron has told you???
    The Government made no such promises because they were campaigning to stay.

If you want to read the leaflet it's still available online, you'll see quite how wrong you are.

Please don't start spouting total nonsense, you're starting to sound like just another Gammon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonatlarge
    It is irrelevant what financial implications Brexit brings good or bad, we had a democratic vote and now that vote must be enacted
    I mean, that is amazing but very familiar reading. Brexit at any cost. Even if it's bad.

It isn't being frustrated because it was the 'wrong' answer. The vote was clear, Leave or Stay. The vote did not say 'Leave with a Deal, Leave without a Deal, or Stay'. It's Parliament's role to now find the best way out for the UK, and that is what they are doing.

Also remember, as we haven't left, it should very much still be on the table to think twice. In the last 3 years, hundreds of thousands of voters have died and hundreds of thousands have become old enough to vote. The votes of the new generation should be counted as these are the people who will be exposed to the consequences of Brexit the longest.
    Last edited by piman2k; 18-09-2019 at 09:31.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Has anyone seen the Remain side coming out with total, unadulterated lies in this argument? You know, like the claims Leona is making up there or this absolute bullshit thing about the Lisbon Treaty?
    Does this not go some way to indicating which side is more believable?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Honestly did you bother to read that leaflet or are you just repeating what some other moron has told you???
    The Government made no such promises because they were campaigning to stay.

If you want to read the leaflet it's still available online, you'll see quite how wrong you are.

Please don't start spouting total nonsense, you're starting to sound like just another Gammon.
    So we have resorted to making racist and sexist insults have we? (Ad hominem) really does speak volumes on the strength of your argument .

So you are saying leave didn't mean we were out the customs union and that freedom of movement would be stopped ? None of these so called deals that Treason May and her plebs put together have satisfied the above and that is what we voted on.

The trouble with remoning snowflakes is that they simply don't understand how democracy works or how negotiating works.
    When a country has a democratic vote let's say a general election for example the people vote and the Tories get in and form the government they dont let Liebour run the government or have a say in how the government is run because they LOST, they DON'T ask to have another vote because they didn't get the result they wanted, the result of the democratic vote is enacted.

When you are selling your house for 350k and someone offers you 250k you dont accept, because this is a BAD DEAL you walk away and tell them there is NO DEAL otherwise you will have to accept the 250k for your house which is a BAD DEAL.

Looking at the polls and the Tories huge lead it is obvious which side is more believable.

Remoaning snowflakes just need to be honest like the un-Liberal un-Democrats and admit they are trying to stop Brexit and thwart the will of the people.

Nobody knows what a NO DEAL Brexit will bring it is all speculation; our democracy is sacred and sets an example to the world and should remain supreme.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 18-09-2019 at 15:46.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Has anyone seen the Remain side coming out with total, unadulterated lies in this argument?
    HM Treasury put out some fairly spectacular lies in 2016, even had the Chancellors signature on the front page endorsing it

So we have resorted to making racist and sexist insults have we?
    Who made those insults?
    I think we've descended into brain dead propaganda based on nothing more than nonsense coped ad-verbatim from social media.

If you make a claim have something to back it up, moreover if you make a claim that is clearly false don't throw your toys out the pram when someone calls you out on it.

Rides
    When you are selling your house for 350k and someone offers you 250k you dont accept, because this is a BAD DEAL you walk away and tell them there is NO DEAL otherwise you will have to accept the 250k for your house which is a BAD DEAL.
    Yeah but in that analogy your wife screams Oi! I said I wanted to move! Sell anyway! I want what I asked for! And you desperately try to explain to her why it's not a good idea only for her to shout Moving Means Moving!

Nobody knows what a NO DEAL Brexit will bring it is all speculation; our democracy is sacred and sets an example to the world and should remain supreme.
    You know sticking your arm in a shark tank is a shit idea, because experts on big fish will tell you as much. Yeah it could go alright. They might not be hungry. Or you could lose your arm and maybe worse. The Govt commissioned a report to understand the implications. Which bit of it reads like you're gonna get to stroke a shark and have sex with its fit mermaid missus?

Rides
    Nothing screams "I get all my 'facts' off Facebook" quite like calling people snowflakes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    HM Treasury put out some fairly spectacular lies in 2016, even had the Chancellors signature on the front page endorsing it

Who made those insults?
    I think we've descended into brain dead propaganda based on nothing more than nonsense coped ad-verbatim from social media.

If you make a claim have something to back it up, moreover if you make a claim that is clearly false don't throw your toys out the pram when someone calls you out on it.

The term gammon is a racist slur used to describe someone who is a fare skinned middle aged over weight and Caucasian, I was referred to as Leona by Doc**** when my name is Leon so there we have it, one insult that is racist and one insult that is sexist, furthermore you have now described me as " chucking my toys out of the pram " which is another insult (Ad hominem) again I will say this speaks volumes on the strength of your argument.

It is very disappointing I have had to point this out to you when English is your first language.

I have made no claims, I have told you how it is, as I have said above it was very clear that when voting in the referendum a leave vote meant we were out of the customs union and freedom of movement would stop if you like I can back this up.

I then went on to say that remoaning snowflakes do not understand democracy or how to negotiate, I then gave two very clear examples to back up what I said.

Is there any chance you or your boyfriends are going to address any of the points I have raised, or are you going to proceed with your insults and remoaning snowflake nonsense?
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 18-09-2019 at 19:18.

Rides
    This is the problem, both ****ing sides are being complete ****ing idiots.
    Gammon this and snowflake that.. nothing.. absolutely nothing will be accomplished by slinging names and such across social media.
    But thats what we have, pathetic - of course in real life.. say at the pub folk wouldnt be so hard and shout this kind of claptrap about because they would be getting a proper leathering - but its the internet so everyone is safe.

Really sick of this whole thing, everyone has acted appallingly.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Nothing screams "I get all my 'facts' off Facebook" quite like calling people snowflakes
    Quite. When people say to me snowflake, remoaner, democracy or Lisbon treaty you know they’re going to be fun.

LeonatLarge, docwra pretty neatly wrapped up your housing analogy. The default position when selling your house and not getting a good deal is to simply not move (I.e. not leave). Brexit is selling your house, but committing to moving out whether or not you get a good price and telling your buyer that they MUST give you a good price because otherwise you’re going to be homeless. It makes no sense.

You now sound like every Facebook Brexiteer I’ve come across, recycling sound bites that everyone has heard before.

I still find it amazing that you and others claim having more votes on more issues is undemocratic. Effectively saying more voting equates to less democracy.

Rides
    Here’s one. Why do YOU want to leave? What in your life does it make better?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Has anyone seen the Remain side coming out with total, unadulterated lies in this argument? You know, like the claims Leona is making up there or this absolute bullshit thing about the Lisbon Treaty?
    Does this not go some way to indicating which side is more believable?
    Sorry misread it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Asht_200; 19-09-2019 at 10:12.

Rides
    There has been a lot of problem with Europe with a lot of this country for a long long time, it goes far beyond some words on a bus or immigrants in boats.
    Heck it goes back to well before the millenium, there have been eurosceptic tories fighting there party for ages (i can assume that Labour has similar although not as obvious).

And this is the issue, if we just canceled A50 then this crap will rumble on for another 30 years with the same folk unhappy.
    This is why i just cannot see how the likes of the Libdems have anything like a solution, its not. Something needs to be done, leave or fix and i cant see fix being much of an option to be honest.

God what a mess, who's bright idea was it to get so intertwined with all this in the first place?

Rides
    Leon seriously. You don't think Doc might have just been a victim of auto correct? Type divers and you get docwra, or is it other way round.

You were accused of starting to sound like Gammon. You were not called it.

You say you've made no claims. You said you had a leaflet that said certain things. You were called on that because it is the man's belief you didn't. You might think you did, but did you? You claimed it. It's there to see. If you can back it up then do so. But to say you've claimed nothing....

Rides
    But the problem was people believed the problem was the numbers on the Boris bus, EU Immigrants and that Europe made up all our laws

This wasn’t the case at all.

It’s scary now because it is a Halloween Brexit (Quoting John Oliver)

Rides
    Has anyone calculated how much No Deal will cost them in household living expenses? All the food we get from the EU will have WTO tariffs put on them. We import electricity and Gas from the EU. WTO tariffs will have to be applied. Our financial services will be punished.

That’s just the beginning.

NO DEAL means no trade deal with the EU, the biggest trading block in the world, it’s madness

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Has anyone calculated how much No Deal will cost them in household living expenses?
    I wish I could, but I wouldn't have any idea how to properly start.

What I do know for me, is that I work in the Auto industry (supporting Jaguar Land Rover). And none of the leading figures from the companies or SMMT are jumping around praying for a No Deal Brexit. No Deal would be crippling for JLR because No Deal as you rightly says means no trading deals with anywhere in the world.

This will be where someone like Leon pops up and says something to the effect of 'Do you really think the rest of the world will stop trading with us?'. Where I will issue the standard counter of 'No, but it will no longer be simple or cheap, it will get more expensive and that will deter customers who frankly, are spoiled for choice globally'.