Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Prime Minister May just clicked her heels together three times with her fabulous red ruby slippers and said :

We must leave the EU
    We must leave the EU
    We must leave the EU

And so it was Lol

There where puddles everywhere.

Rides
    Ken Livingston just mentioned Hitler again but its ok i think he got away with it..

ohh wait...

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    A lot has come out in the last nine months about certain members of society shouldn't be allowed to vote. To be honest I find this attitude fcuking scary, but what if there was a once in a lifetime offer to "sell" your right to vote.
    Would you give it up to never pay any taxes on anything?

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Rides
    Are you suggesting that the value of a vote depends on how much you contribute financially ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    A lot of the Guardian crew are moaning that plebs should not have been able to vote, what a disgrace they are.

Remain lost, so did the SNP with the Scottish referendum.. Get over it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Get over it.
    No. Because I think we are heading over a cliff edge with this decision. You might disagree and are entitled to do so but to tell people that they shouldn't do everything they want to stand up for what they believe in is ridiculous.

There needs to be a body of people holding the government to account. I don't think anybody really wants to leave at any cost. Inflation is already on the rise and wage rises are going to be eroded while that continues to happen. The downstream effects for people with young families and lot of mortgage remaining do not bear thinking about.

Initially I had a hope that there would be some level of common sense applied but that doesn't really seem to be the case. I'm well aware of what some large employers and key contributors to the economy have asked for as part of the negotiations and they seem to have been roundly ignored in pursuit of a total shutdown on immigration at the expense of everything else.

If Leave had lost do you think UKIP would have folded and stopped pursuing a follow up referendum. Of course they wouldn't...
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 07-04-2017 at 09:04.

Rides
    Of course, thats fine - you want to campaign about something then fine.
    But the hysterical whining that we see these days from the loosing sides in a vote are hilarious.
    What about the 52% who voted out for brexit, what about the 55% or so that voted to stay part of the union... Do they not have a opinion as well?

Scottish referendum - whine whine whine - want another.. whine whine whine.
    Brexit - Whine whine whine - want another vote - whine whine whine...
    Trump - Whine whine.... you get the picture.

Referendums and elections go against peoples wishes all the time and have done for a very long time, seems these-days folk think if a result doesnt go well for them they are entitled to try again.

Rides
    End of the day no one knows whats going to happen, everyone thinks they do with their prophecies of doom and gloom or on the flip side everyone will be a millionaire in 5 years but no one knows. So why no wait and see? How about buckling down and making a go of it instead of bitching and moaning 'we are all going to be destroyed' We dont ever 100% get what we want but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Look at the positives, UKIP are imploding, in 2 years Farage will be a distant memory and be unemployed. Anyway the way Trump is bombing the shit out of Syria, we might not even be here in 2 years
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Think Trump has pulled a blinder here.
    Assad needed a big slap for that gas attack, so Trumpy calls the Ruskies to tell em they might want to have an off-base night out at the nearest vodka bar.
    Then he blows the shit out of it.

So the Ruskies are like, ok we will complain a bit but deep down we knew this was bad shit.

Trump looks like he did the right think to the world and finally wee short n round in North Korea is watching it all and shitting bricks.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Are you suggesting that the value of a vote depends on how much you contribute financially ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    No, not at all. I mean that a person makes whatever they make and gets to keep it all, apart from NIC, but gives up their right to vote. No taxation without representation if you will.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but then neither is barring people from voting just because you don't like how they voted.

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Think Trump has pulled a blinder here.
    Assad needed a big slap for that gas attack, so Trumpy calls the Ruskies to tell em they might want to have an off-base night out at the nearest vodka bar.
    Then he blows the shit out of it.

So the Ruskies are like, ok we will complain a bit but deep down we knew this was bad shit.

Trump looks like he did the right think to the world and finally wee short n round in North Korea is watching it all and shitting bricks.
    Was a pretty big slap. To comprehend the size of it, the same number of Tomahawks were used in the first night of the invasion of Afghanistan

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Look at the positives, UKIP are imploding, in 2 years Farage will be a distant memory and be unemployed
    If only!

Boris took a smack last night, not a total beatdown but enough of a message.

Roll on blocking No Deal.

Rides
    Boris

Rides
    Defeated again. His premiership doesn't appear to be going how he's likely envisioned it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Defeated again. His premiership doesn't appear to be going how he's likely envisioned it.
    It does make you chuckle, poster Tory-boy thats been groomed for the top position since day one.

Finally gets there and discovers it's a total world of shit.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Thing is, he got in on lies and hes being found out really quickly.

We will not prorogue parliament
    No deal is a million to one chance
    The EU are open to further negotiations
    We will leave on 31/10

To then kick Hammond, Clarke and Soames out of the party for voting against him when he voted against Mays deal 3 times (so did Rees Mogg) is the height of hypocrisy.

Fortunately some MPs have had the balls to point this out and hopefully the country can see him for the charlatan he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Kicking MP's out was a gamble too far, he threw away a majority and sat a bunch extra people who now hate him on the other side of the house.

Refusing his call for an election was very funny, properly took the wind out of his sails.

Rides
    The guy is delusional

Rides

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Kicking MP's out was a gamble too far, he threw away a majority and sat a bunch extra people who now hate him on the other side of the house.

Refusing his call for an election was very funny, properly took the wind out of his sails.
    Boris was right to kick those MP's out, they don't want to stop NO DEAL the want to stop BREXIT altogether.

The best way to stop NO DEAL was to leave it on the table, we now have no leverage whatsoever.

How can you not walk away from any negotiation, for example : you are selling your car for 6000 grand, I offer you a pound..... you have to take it because NO DEAL is off the table. :-)

Rides
    Getting monumentally sick of this crap, like really really sick of it.
    Both sides are acting like ****ing spoiled brats, i would love to just get a hold of each of them and smash there heads together until they start talking sense.

One of the really awful things that this whole mess has shown is that calling people names, making memes and generally being rather nasty to the "other side" tends to just get folks backs up and cause nothing but more rows.
    If these silly bastards actually tried to work out a compromise then we all might have been saved a lot of hassle.