Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Yes I agree it is odd, but the courts should not get involved in politics,
    Belter

Other than perhaps to rule whether what's happened in politics is lawful? You'd be alright with that? Otherwise you're sort of implying you'd be fine with a PM that does what he wants without lawful grounds as long as what he wants is in line with what you want?

Is democracy really important to you?

Rides
    Nobody comes out of this looking good.

They've made a monumental fcuk-up of getting out of a monumental fcuk-up.

They've double-fcuked democracy after the people asked for their democracy back.

My opinion, we're all fcuked. EU debt-pile is going to fcuk the lot of us (inside and outside the UK) within 15 years.

Even if we'd made half a fist of getting out of the EU, they'd still likely have taken us down with them as the UK-crats would have tied us to the EU economy anyway instead of focusing on global trade and creating a more independent UK.

I'm sad today.

Rides
    Yep i agree, no one comes out of this smelling of roses.

Leave because many wont accept anything other than a no deal leave.
    Remain because many wont accept anything but staying.

MPs because they are ****ing shit
    Queeny because ... well she it prob smelling of roses all the time but is also pissed off with it all like us.

Just compromise for gods sake someone make a bloody attempt to get this done before the heat death of the universe.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Belter

Other than perhaps to rule whether what's happened in politics is lawful? You'd be alright with that? Otherwise you're sort of implying you'd be fine with a PM that does what he wants without lawful grounds as long as what he wants is in line with what you want?

Is democracy really important to you?
    My will is irrelevant regarding this matter, our Prime Minister is the head of the government that we democratically elected, if we don't like him and/or his government and what they do, we can simply not vote for them at the next election.

The Judiciary and the rich elites are not elected, they now have the power to give the government direction regarding the running of parliament and the nation, in my opinion this is very bad day for all of us, zero hour contracts are just the beginning of things to come.

Rides
    The Supreme Court do not ‘now have’ the power to direct the government.

The government did something that was obviously wrong. The Supreme Court called them up on it.

Nothing more.

I wonder, had parliament been prorogued to stop Brexit all together, would you be as ok with it as you are now?

Rides
    My will is irrelevant regarding this matter, our Prime Minister is the head of the government that we democratically elected, if we don't like him and/or his government and what they do, we can simply not vote for them at the next election.
    Until the PM decides suspending voting for a period of 20 years is perfectly appropriate, cos you know brah, tough tings innit, and just does so despite not being legally able to do so?

Is the law important now? Should the judiciary ignore it cos they're alright? Would you prefer they got involved then? Are they allowed to be involved in politics in this scenario?

The Judiciary and the rich elites are not elected, they now have the power to give the government direction regarding the running of parliament and the nation, in my opinion this is very bad day for all of us, zero hour contracts are just the beginning of things to come.
    They give no such direction they give interpretation of law. No judge has stood up saying No M8 do it like this instead. They were given a task to establish legality. They've given their verdict. The fact Boris did it anyway tells you how little influence they have.

Any other thoughts given my comments?

Rides
    Tell you what this is giving me valuable info into how to handle the country when i take power later next decade.
    Ok for a start no one would vote for me so it will be done by force, it now also looks like i will also have to use force to get anywhere.

So either vote for me or i will set my army of Daleks on you, and worse.. i will rename coco pops again.

Rides
    This. This sums up your position at the moment Leon.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/...67179111407616

Quote Originally Posted by David Allen Green
    Brexiters: "We want to have control of our own laws"

Supreme Court: "ok"

Brexiters: "No, no, not like that"

Rides
    Jezza doesnt want an election until No deal is off the table as Boris will just set it for mid November and we crash out anyway, so until we get an extension a GE isnt going to happen. A GE is also bad as it will just be a Brexit election, Farage and his band of Nigels will stand and even if they have 'All 6-12 year olds will not go to school but instead do a 60 hour week down the mines' all the single cells will still vote for them because Leave means Leave at ANY cost There will be no outright winner, Labour is on the fence as Corbyn just cant get behind remain so remainers will switch to Libdem and the leavers will vote Brexit party. so we will end up with either a Lab/Lib or Con/Brexit government. Neither of those are appealing as having Farage or Corbyn calling the shots will just destroy the country in 2 totally different ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Until the PM decides suspending voting for a period of 20 years is perfectly appropriate, cos you know brah, tough tings innit, and just does so despite not being legally able to do so?

Is the law important now? Should the judiciary ignore it cos they're alright? Would you prefer they got involved then? Are they allowed to be involved in politics in this scenario?

They give no such direction they give interpretation of law. No judge has stood up saying No M8 do it like this instead. They were given a task to establish legality. They've given their verdict. The fact Boris did it anyway tells you how little influence they have.

Any other thoughts given my comments?

It is not possible for the government to suspend voting for twenty years.

The porogueing of parliament has been done many times before, for example John Major porogued parliament for three weeks in 1997.

The Judiciary are unelected and as such should not be involved in politics just as the english high court ruled.

Our goverment decided to porogue parliament for five weeks, the supreme court have found that unlawful, which means our MP's are sitting in parliament today instead of being off, the conservatives have had to cancel their annual party conference.

The Supreme court ruling could change the outcome regarding Brexit.

The Supreme court ruling has therefore gave our elected parliamentarians direction.

I find your use of language very interesting, in my opinion it is indicative of your mindset towards people from different ethnic backgrounds.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 25-09-2019 at 08:52.

Rides

The Supreme court ruling could change the outcome regarding Brexit.
    Yes it could due to democracy happening. I will say it again, NO DEAL was never mentioned by any leave group during the vote, they all spoke about deals and treaties. These deals need discussing in parliament and proroguing for 5 weeks to get round that is UNDEMOCRATIC.

You cant have selective democracy when it suits your own agenda
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Jezza doesnt want an election until No deal is off the table as Boris will just set it for mid November and we crash out anyway, so until we get an extension a GE isnt going to happen. A GE is also bad as it will just be a Brexit election, Farage and his band of Nigels will stand and even if they have 'All 6-12 year olds will not go to school but instead do a 60 hour week down the mines' all the single cells will still vote for them because Leave means Leave at ANY cost There will be no outright winner, Labour is on the fence as Corbyn just cant get behind remain so remainers will switch to Libdem and the leavers will vote Brexit party. so we will end up with either a Lab/Lib or Con/Brexit government. Neither of those are appealing as having Farage or Corbyn calling the shots will just destroy the country in 2 totally different ways.

I disagree, Liebour are unelectable they want to ban private schools and steal property from landlords, they have no position on Brexit and have the none leader Corbyn.

The Brexit party have said they will not stand in seats where the Tories can win, they are going for Liebour seats in the North which will decimate Liebour as those constituencys voted leave in the referendum.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 25-09-2019 at 09:10.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yes it could due to democracy happening. I will say it again, NO DEAL was never mentioned by any leave group during the vote, they all spoke about deals and treaties. These deals need discussing in parliament and proroguing for 5 weeks to get round that is UNDEMOCRATIC.

You cant have selective democracy when it suits your own agenda
    I disagree, our last elected Prime minister Teresa May told us that NO DEAL was better than a bad deal many times before during and after the last general election.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 25-09-2019 at 09:11.

Rides
    The Judiciary are unelected and as such should not be involved in politics just as the english high court ruled.
    The Supreme Court forms part of the Governing principles of our democracy (Legislature, Executive, Judiciary). They are not involved in politics. They are involved in upholding the law. You need to make that separation in your head.

The PM is not elected by 'the people' either, but you don't seem to have any issue with him cracking on.

The Supreme court ruling has therefore gave our elected parliamentarians direction.
    No. For heaven's sake, the supreme court has not given direction. It has enabled Parliament to continue to do the job it exists to do.

I find your use of language very interesting, in my opinion it is indicative of your mindset towards people from different ethnic backgrounds.
    I mean, really?

Rides
    You don't seem to " engage " much at all on this subject.

How comes you have two used tampons as an avatar mate ?

Specifically I am not engaging with you because I find your misinformed views to be bigoted, you have previously ruined a great thread by talking nonsense about the earth being flat

FYI your comment about my avatar is an unsuccessful and pathetic attempt to emasculate me, try harder next time

Rides
    I disagree, our last elected Prime minister Teresa May told us that NO DEAL was better than a bad deal many times before during and after the last general election.
    That wasnt during the referendum was it She was the first one that start talking about no deal and then suddenly people thought it was an option.

Getting a great deal was going to be simple according to the likes of Gove and Boris but when it came to sorting that deal they all shit themselves and let Teresa sort it. Letting someone take charge of something they dont agree with is never going to end well.......
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The Supreme Court forms part of the Governing principles of our democracy (Legislature, Executive, Judiciary). They are not involved in politics. They are involved in upholding the law. You need to make that separation in your head.

The PM is not elected by 'the people' either, but you don't seem to have any issue with him cracking on.

No. For heaven's sake, the supreme court has not given direction. It has enabled Parliament to continue to do the job it exists to do.

The decision the supreme court made yesterday means parliamentarians are now sitting in parliament, without the supreme courts intervention they would NOT be sat in parliament.

This means the Supreme Court HAS become involved in politics and has also given parliament direction.

Agreed, This Prime Minister has not been elected by the 'people', he has asked for a general election twice so he can be elected by the 'people' and parliament has refused twice, and will proceed to deny his third request for a general election today.

The English high Court decided NOT to get involved in politics and their ruling reflects that decision.

In my opinion all parliament is interested in doing is stopping Brexit and thwarting the will of the 'people'
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 25-09-2019 at 14:14.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Specifically I am not engaging with you because I find your misinformed views to be bigoted, you have previously ruined a great thread by talking nonsense about the earth being flat

FYI your comment about my avatar is an unsuccessful and pathetic attempt to emasculate me, try harder next time
    There is more than one person on this thread, you haven't " engaged " at all.

I apologise, it was just a simple question, I thought you were gender neutral and didn't realise it would cause offence.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 25-09-2019 at 14:10.

Rides
    The Brexit party have said they will not stand in seats where the Tories can win, they are going for Liebour seats in the North which will decimate Liebour as those constituencys voted leave in the referendum.
    Some of those seats are the safest seats in the entire country, Farage won't take those.

Barnsley is a good example, voted very high for Brexit.
    A couple of years ago their Labour MP got sent to prison for fiddling his expenses, despite the horrendous behaviour the voters still elected the next red idiot who was presented to them. With a commanding 60% vote share as well.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Some of those seats are the safest seats in the entire country, Farage won't take those.

Barnsley is a good example, voted very high for Brexit.
    A couple of years ago their Labour MP got sent to prison for fiddling his expenses, despite the horrendous behaviour the voters still elected the next red idiot who was presented to them. With a commanding 60% vote share as well.
    Agreed, Some Liebour constituencies would vote for a monkey if it was red, however other constituencies like Mansfield for example have been Liebour since the seat was created in 1885 and voted Conservative last time because they didn't find Corbyn and Liebours handling of Brexit acceptable.

The Brexit party wasn't around a few years ago.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 25-09-2019 at 15:08.