Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I'll move to Scotland if the leave the uk and join the EU

Mainly because living some where in Europe was part of my retirement plan.
    Scotland will be out of the EU if Great Britain actually does leave.

In my opinion can't see them getting EU membership as an independent nation for a very long time.

Why don't you retire in Portugal or Spain they are much warmer and cheaper.

I'm going to start an East Midlands Independence campaign if we don't leave the EU.

The East Midlands has a population of 5.1 million and a GDP of about 150 billion which are both similar to Scotlands.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Scotland will be out of the EU if Great Britain actually does leave.

In my opinion can't see them getting EU membership as an independent nation for a very long time.

Why don't you retire in Portugal or Spain they are much warmer and cheaper.

I'm going to start an East Midlands Independence campaign if we don't leave the EU.

The East Midlands has a population of 5.1 million and a GDP of about 150 billion which are both similar to Scotlands.
    Agree. The EU wouldn't even contemplate Scotland going into the EU. For the country the economy is too small and the Germans and French know they would have to prop them up

Thailand seems a better option.

Can't you include the West Midlands so we can get rid of Birmingham as well

Rides
    Hahhahahahaha.

Best comment ever ? :
    Ive just heard that Brexit is going to cause the coldest winter for sixties years so Im stocking up with Frankfurter sausages, sauerkraut, frogs legs and French letters. Ive also heard that there will be a massive shortage of car blinker fluid, Mind how you go.

Rides
    https://www.cityam.com/gloom-thicken...rs-tumble/amp/

Germany are not in good shape for a trade war, Empress Merkel is trying to call our bluff, it's a good job the Government are sticking to their guns.

Rides
    Bet if you had a good look at the line, most of the trucks would be foreign

Ukraine has some serious totty mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    So what is the latest? Saw signs coming back from Gatwick saying EU Freight papers may need to be changed on Nov 1

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    So what is the latest? Saw signs coming back from Gatwick saying EU Freight papers may need to be changed on Nov 1

Been like that for weeks now.

Rides
    Yea running ads on the telly as well, directs you to the governments website.

Must be a nightmare for the poor sods trying to run the campaign, not actually having the first clue what to advise people as we seem to take a new path each week.

Rides
    Keeps coming up on local radio too. "Get ready for Brexit. The UK will leave etc. This will affect you particularly if you buy from or sell into the EU..."

So everyone then. When you go to the website, same story, nothing helpful. And now Gove is saying he's officially triggered Yellowhammer.

Still, at least Parliament is exercising pure democracy by challenging and defeating the Government on the mental ideas. 10/10 to the Letwin Amendment. Politics today is mental.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    at least Parliament is exercising pure democracy by challenging and defeating the Government on the mental ideas. 10/10 to the Letwin Amendment. Politics today is mental.
    The more our PM and govt try to act against the will of parliament, the more our system of not actually voting for a PM seems comprehensively wrong. This govt and this PM were not elected by the public, parliament was.

Rides
    We dont elect PM's though.
    Maybe we should?

Rides
    BJ wouldn't have won an election, the party is who the public vote for but lets face it the candidate is who people are making their decision on.

Rides
    BJ wouldn't have won an election, the party is who the public vote for but lets face it the candidate is who people are making their decision on.
    Exactly, and it's getting daft. The country voted Blair, got Brown. Voted Cameron, got May. Voted May, got BoJo. It's getting a bit silly (especially when you end up with the likes of BoJo who wants to ignore parliament - e.g. contemptuously sending a letter against the one he had to send by an act of parliament.). If the system is going this way, I think we should have separate votes at a General Election. One for your MP and another for PM.

Rides
    How does it work in the states? I know they vote for a president, but does the majority party in the state get a seat in the senate or their equivalent?

Rides
    The senate ticks over at a slow rate. A third of them are up for election every 2 years (so if elected, you're there for 6 years).

House of representatives ticks over every 2 years (presidential year and mid-term, with all seats up for grabs).

Presidential elections are every 4 years. The presidential Electoral College process is weird, on paper, but it generally goes that each state's electors follow the popular vote in their state. On paper, they don't have to... but they do.

As a voter in the USA, you vote independently for each of these things.

Rides
    I am pretty sure if there is a GE now the torys will win it, Corbyn is unelectable.

Rides
    Don’t under estimate corbyns ability to galvanise the youth and the disenfranchised. BJ has no hope imo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I am pretty sure if there is a GE now the torys will win it, Corbyn is unelectable.
    They're currently polling at 35%, doesn't sound great but that where they were in 2015 and that won a majority.
    Labour are lower than they've been for some time, Corbyn is a ****ing disaster.

If Farage takes a decent run at it he could really **** Boris over though.

Don’t under estimate corbyns ability to galvanise the youth and the disenfranchised. BJ has no hope imo
    All them ****ers don't really vote though, he appeals to the sort of workshy tossers that love a good protest but rarely bother to show up at the ballot box.

Rides
    Nope if there is a GE the torys will win with a better majority than they have now, they will gather support from the brexit parties (assuming that goes ahead first)

Corbyn is completely un-electable i am afraid - i just dont know why they keep him.