Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1381

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    I don't know if this link works, hope it does, and I know it'll be dismissed as a selection of the worst, but I still struggle to see how anyone can defend the almost total lack of interviews of this quality for remain voters.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...action_generic

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I don't know if this link works, hope it does, and I know it'll be dismissed as a selection of the worst, but I still struggle to see how anyone can defend the almost total lack of interviews of this quality for remain voters.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...action_generic
    It was a bit jaded because they interviewed ****ing retards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I know. They voted for Brexit after all

But they're voters that were at the party on the night. They have no idea what they voted for. They can't even explain it. And when directly challenged, they have no response. But you know it won't even prompt them to rethink their position.

Rides
    I know. They voted for Brexit after all

But they're voters that were at the party on the night. They have no idea what they voted for. They can't even explain it. And when directly challenged, they have no response. But you know it won't even prompt them to rethink their position.
    You’re talking about Leon lol

Rides
    Its done, time to suck it up and get on with it. Moaning about who was right and who was wrong on a car forum is achieving nothing but more division.

So no more leavers are stupid or remainers are snowflakes. We get it, move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Its done, time to suck it up and get on with it. Moaning about who was right and who was wrong on a car forum is achieving nothing but more division.

So no more leavers are stupid or remainers are snowflakes. We get it, move on.
    Absolutely mate

Rides
    I have accepted it. But it's not done, that is exactly the point, to highlight that it isn't done. Because it's people like that that it'll be spun that we have left the EU entirely with all the consequences. When the reality is that yes, we have left, but no, nothing is changing because of the transition.

The Government will spin it all this year as "We're out, we're free, look how we we're doing, all that scaremongering amounted to nothing".

And then in 2021, when it goes to sh*t, the rhetoric will be "Well, we left a year ago and it was fine. All these things happening now, these are the EU, this isn't Brexit. Brexit was done last year".

Rides
    I have accepted it. But it's not done, that is exactly the point, to highlight that it isn't done. Because it's people like that that it'll be spun that we have left the EU entirely with all the consequences. When the reality is that yes, we have left, but no, nothing is changing because of the transition.

The Government will spin it all this year as "We're out, we're free, look how we we're doing, all that scaremongering amounted to nothing".

And then in 2021, when it goes to sh*t, the rhetoric will be "Well, we left a year ago and it was fine. All these things happening now, these are the EU, this isn't Brexit. Brexit was done last year".
    How about . I married a girl

Rides
    I have accepted it. But it's not done, that is exactly the point, to highlight that it isn't done.
    But what does arguing on a car forum with someone who is heavily in the leave camp going to achieve? Except maybe an slightly reduced life span due to stress

Leave it, walk away and let people believe what they will.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Haha, that's a fair point. I wasn't actually talking to Leon mind you, I've given up with him.

Perhaps we can use this topic to see how it develops. I might start a table of pre-election and pre-referendum claims against how they've not been met. Should be easy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    That’s horse shit Jonny. They didn’t have to move because we were part of the single market.

Banks have been moving their ops. 4500 of JP Morgan have moved to Frankfurt

As you think you know enough to call me out as talking horse shit, answer me this...

Why, as a bank, would you choose to operate out of London, in Sterling, regulated by UK regulators while the UK was a one-foot-in-one-foot-out EU member ?

If you chose Frankfurt you could base in Euro and lobby/influence German regulators in a country fully committed to the EU.

And citing one bank's relocation of a portion of its processing is hardly a mass exodus. Have the numbers of bank employees in London gone up or down since the referendum ? Have they gone up or down in other EU countries ?

Rides
    Haha, that's a fair point. I wasn't actually talking to Leon mind you, I've given up with him.

Perhaps we can use this topic to see how it develops. I might start a table of pre-election and pre-referendum claims against how they've not been met. Should be easy.
    The referendum was over three years ago, the leave vote won, we have now left the EU.

It's about time the remaniacs stopped being so hysterical about Brexit.

pinman are you for the UK or for the EU ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    As you think you know enough to call me out as talking horse shit, answer me this...

Why, as a bank, would you choose to operate out of London, in Sterling, regulated by UK regulators while the UK was a one-foot-in-one-foot-out EU member ?

If you chose Frankfurt you could base in Euro and lobby/influence German regulators in a country fully committed to the EU.

And citing one bank's relocation of a portion of its processing is hardly a mass exodus. Have the numbers of bank employees in London gone up or down since the referendum ? Have they gone up or down in other EU countries ?
    They have gone up in Frankfurt. And they have gone down in London

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    The referendum was over three years ago, the leave vote won, we have now left the EU.

I’m for me I have to do a presentation at my job interview tomorrow with Samsung . I figured I’d pitch Samsung doing the comms for Mercedes AMG F1 Petronas. Well I did it well enough for LH to win 5 championships

As Leon has said this thread is over. We can both agree to disagree and I’ll say he is a nice chap Ryan (Piman) not sure about Jonny though because he said my girl had a big arse

Rides

Did you miss the bit where I said no more name calling. You have already taken a holiday because of this thread, next one will be longer
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did you miss the bit where I said no more name calling. You have already taken a holiday because of this thread, next one will be longer
    I have not called anyone a name ?

Rides
    The EU is on the ropes already, Nissan have just told them to ***k off and President Trump hasn't even started his retribution yet, by the end of the year their economy will be in no fit state for a trade war and Boris and DC know this which is why they have started talking tough.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...-uk-event-hard

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-johnson-trade

Rides
    Remainiacs?

Pinman?

Just stop it
    Mark is right.

Rides

So piman2k, who are you for, the UK or the EU ?

Rides
    Mark

Don’t

Leon, the SXOC was built from people who came together. You aren’t doing that

Mark was the chairman because he earned the vote

Sorry Mark, someone had to say it. It took you to get a proper engine for your Mustang