Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    And how do Customs identify them as Tariff free in the midst of all the other lorries they've got to stop?
    If they're important enough they'll be air freighted over.

Medical drugs don't usually get sent in a box mixed in with other crap, they're (extremely) high value and need special shipping conditions like temperature/humidity control and stuff, so it's not uncommon for them to be the only consignment on board.
    Last edited by R3K1355; 23-09-2019 at 10:17.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    And how do Customs identify them as Tariff free in the midst of all the other lorries they've got to stop?
    Quite

Do I need to say any more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    No doubt, but arry pipped me to the post, they'll still need to be inspected and there's nothing to say that they won't be in a truck with dozens of other items that get held up because of paperwork.

The Government has pledged to fly in medical supplies on special charter flights with priority to make sure they get to people in time.

You know, like the Berlin Airlift or other humanitarian crises.
    Britain is gonna g the be like Somalia

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    If they're important enough they'll be air freighted over.

Medical drugs don't usually get sent in a box mixed in with other crap, they're (extremely) high value and need special shipping conditions like temperature/humidity control and stuff, so it's not uncommon for them to be the only consignment on board.
    No they don’t. I worked for Teva Pharmaceuticals

Rides
    We air freighted important stuff at Sanofi, well from the site I worked at.

Granted the pallets of inhalers went on a wagon, but they were shit anyway.

Rides
    I think we are missing the point. A Brexit voter openly confessed to valuing leaving the EU more than his actual life, and didn't pose any more of a point than 'because I believe in democracy'.

Rides
    Well to be fair they are standing by their decision, can't say I'd put my life on the line for it.

I wonder if they'll visit them in hospital if everything goes to pot??

Rides
    I really do doubt all this doom and gloom about folk not getting insulin and stuff, yes we might see some issues but i doubt Great Britain Plc will be going back to the stone age... heck we wont even stoop as low as the yanks.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I think we are missing the point. A Brexit voter openly confessed to valuing leaving the EU more than his actual life, and didn't pose any more of a point than 'because I believe in democracy'.
    Well he is a twat then

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Well to be fair they are standing by their decision, can't say I'd put my life on the line for it.

I wonder if they'll visit them in hospital if everything goes to pot??
    I won’t lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I really do doubt all this doom and gloom about folk not getting insulin and stuff, yes we might see some issues but i doubt Great Britain Plc will be going back to the stone age... heck we wont even stoop as low as the yanks.
    Insulin will still be here... but for gods sake....

Rides
    This is from the Vote Leave website

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/...r_23_june.html

In particular

Flexibility will be vital. There is no need to rush the process. The precise details and the exact timing of the final settlement will only be clear when the Prime Minister’s new negotiating team engages and negotiations begin.

Given the importance of securing a good deal in the national interest and the cross-party nature of the Leave campaign we believe the Government should invite figures from other parties, business, the law and civil society to join the negotiating team.
    No mention of No Deal or Leave means Leave, it just talks about negotiations, treaties and getting a good deal before leaving.

But most leave voters seem to adopted a do or die attitude from somewhere where the only important points are 'We Won'

I would hazard a guess most didnt even read the Leave website and just relied on The Sun or Daily Fail for their facts................
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This is from the Vote Leave website

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/...r_23_june.html

In particular

No mention of No Deal or Leave means Leave, it just talks about negotiations, treaties and getting a good deal before leaving.

But most leave voters seem to adopted a do or die attitude from somewhere where the only important points are 'We Won'

I would hazard a guess most didnt even read the Leave website and just relied on The Sun or Daily Fail for their facts................
    Remember Teresa May? Brexit means Brexit. No one read a word. Immigrants and Eu rules etc

Rides
    Things will mostly be fine, there are some people with quite rare conditions that are genuinely concerned though.

The worst part is that it's even a subject of discussion IMO, it shouldn't even be an issue.

Rides
    Here is a quick question for everyone
    If Boris, through some sort of magic or witchcraft managed to get a decent leaving deal - no idea what that is but say its a better one than May's
    Could you get behind it as a remainer or would you still fight to revoke A50 even though it would cause more bedlam?

Rides
    I have always supported a deal because it gives my industry a better chance of survival. I would prefer to remain in the EU regardless, but I do not under any circumstances support No Deal.

It puzzles me why so many people seem to think Teresa May's deal was a bad deal because, as usual, as soon as you interrogate them on why, it turns out they haven't read it.

Well I say it puzzles me, it doesn't. Mark hit the nail on the head. The Sun and the Daily Mail are the source of headlines and one liners for them because they are the kind of people who soak up that rhetoric without questioning it.

But let's not pretend here, Boris Johnson is not looking for a deal. He's looking for Brexit at any cost. I'm sure he has many financial interests linked to that as well.

Rides
    Has the troll been banned yet? Is it safe to come out?

Rides
    No, I thought I had put a stop to all of this remoaning propagander nonsense/ social engineering.

Rides
    Will you, for the fourth time, stop using Remoaner. You cannot be here and cry that you are being abused, and then continue to abuse. There is no need.

Rides
    Here is a quick question for everyone
    If Boris, through some sort of magic or witchcraft managed to get a decent leaving deal - no idea what that is but say its a better one than May's
    Could you get behind it as a remainer or would you still fight to revoke A50 even though it would cause more bedlam?
    A deal is better than no deal.
    Remain is better than a deal.

Ultimately it's down to Parliament what happens.