Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    I just don't buy it. He knows he can't win, I guess Labour are hoping that there's sufficient numbers elsewhere to keep Boris paralysed. But the Lib Dems and the Brexit Party are both going to cost Labour and the Tories votes.

What a mess.

And it gets worse. NIESR (who are politically neutral) are predicting a 3.5% reduction in GDP best case by 2029, which in real terms is £70 bn a year. How Brexiteers will reconcile that against the £39 bn (now £33 bn) 'divorce bill' is beyond me, basically wiping out the saving in less than 6 months, but I'm sure they'll find a way to spin it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50219036

Rides
    I still don't buy it's the right call. Johnson is a liar, he deceptive and self serving and this is pretty evident, if not inflammatory to say. But he's filthy in his tactics and he's not afraid to cross a line in a campaign. Which means he'll be more effective.

Corbyn doesn't have that campaign appeal in my opinion.

It's going to be a toxic campaign.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It will never be over because if we do leave everything that goes wrong in the country will be because of Brexit. And we dont leave everything will be because we didnt leave. In 50 years time people will still be saying 'well yer, Brexit'

Labour dont seem to know how deals work, you cant agree to it and then say 'but we want to change most of it' This is the deal, either say yes and no FFS.
    Everything that has gone wrong since is because of Brexit. We have had 2 weak Prime Ministers because Cameron was a coward.

It isnít just labour, the people who voted Brexit were promised Deals by Bo Jo, Gove and that twat Mogg which were never going to happen.

I know people who voted Brexit because they didnít like the Middle East African and Asian Immigrants....., what does that have to do with the EU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    About General Elections. I seem to remember Cameron creating a law that PMs couldnít call for an early general election. And made it law that GEs could only be done every 5 years. What happened to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk