Thread: Turbo upgrade question - stage 2

Rides

Turbo upgrade question - stage 2

Hi all

I've recently bought a stage 2 s14 (h Dev chip, fmic, nismo 555 and boost controller) and the turbo oil seals are gone in the t28r that was on the car. There doesn't seem a lot of these 28r's around at the minute for a decent price, however I have been offered a disco potato gt2860rs at a good price. Will this work ok with the setup that's on my car? Do they have similar characteristics?

Thanks

Rides
    You'll need to get a stage 3 chip fitted and have the boost adusted/fuelling checked on a rolling road I'd suggest.

Rides
    That's what I was thinking although just wondered if as it was very similar in terms of specs to the 28r it would still run ok on the stage 2

Rides
    It's a bigger turbo, so no it won't I'm afraid. You aren't far from H-Dev, just get them to swap the chips over and check the car over. Jez can also possibly update the map on your stage 2 chip to save swapping them.
    Last edited by Conrad; 21-05-2016 at 10:39.

Rides
    Selling my gt28r as soon as my new turbo arrives PM me if your interested.
    Last time I bolted a big turbo on I ran low boost on it on the standard ECU until I got it mapped.
    I have a stage two H-Dev like you with 550cc Nismo and no Z32 afm I have a Greddy T518z on order a friend has a wide band lambda we plan to see just what the stage 2 will fuel using my avcr to control the boost.
    Last edited by leonatlarge; 23-05-2016 at 21:06.