Thread: Insurance?!?

Rides

Angry Insurance?!?

Yet another poxy insurance thread!

With 16 years NCB, no points in all of that time, my renewal has just come in as €1610!!! W-T-F?!! They basically lopped 1000 quid on top or what it was last year. I haven't paid anything like since I started driving in a Mk.2 Fiesta!
    I've been ringing around and getting "Can't quote as the car is too old."

So what has everyone been doing? Are your mods declared? Any advise? You can PM if you want.

Cheers.

Rides
    Everyone seems to be getting rode on their renewals this year. They're looking for a grand for myself & the missus on the daily.

They're robbing bastards. The next car I buy will be on Northern Irish plates and I'll insure it up there, and they can go and shite!

Rides
    yeah its really going tits up atm. im dreading my renewal in october but im with liberty for 9 years and i always end up haggling with a supervisor/underwriter and always get super deals in the end. currently im 27, 8 years NCB full irish for 9 years on a 1993 ps13 with mods declared for 800e including all extras from NCB protection, drive other cars to full breakdown etc etc. which i think considering the market a great deal.

i think the way to think about insurance for the future is to go to a good company and remain there for a few years to then be able to "haggle" once they have you as a long term customer. its not insurance yeyar-to-year anymore, imo its more of an investment for future renewals... once your with a company for a few years you have a big chance of striking good deals. if you change every year following the cheaper quotes i think you loose in the end now a days...
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    That's fair enough, and I think most people would happily stay with the same insurer for years, but when they're not competitive then it doesn't make financial sense.

I spoke to my current insurer today who told me the best they could do was 1,100 (the renewal letter was 1,200). I'm getting quotes for 800 quid elsewhere for the same/better cover, so why would I pay them another 300 on top for zero benefit? In my experience company loayalty gets you absolutely nothing when it comes to insurance.

I hope you don't get screwed at renewal time and are able to haggle a reasonable price again. Incidntally, have you told them about your engine swap, or do you intend to?

Rides
    $350 fully comp all mods declared. Zenki S14

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    $350 fully comp all mods declared. Zenki S14
    Jammy!

I just spent 20mins on the phone with Quote Devil............ €3,500 !!! :-0 :-0

My current insurance quote of 1610 are telling me that it is cheap as if it was a new policy then it would be €2,500!!!

FU
    Or dare I not mention mods..... Boll0x anyway.

Rides
    There's been a significant increase over the last 12 months alright, I just renewed insurance on both mine and my wifes normal road cars in the last 4 weeks (insignia and pathfinder) and got numerous quotes of over €1k on each, neither of us have any claims and she has 2 points (i've none). Best I could manage on both was about €750 each (having placed the two policies for less than €800 together last year - granted I have upgraded my car in the mean time). Both of us had been with Liberty for years and I renewed my wifes policy with them but they were still not willing to budge on my renewal so I had to switch...

Hope you get a decent offer from someone but Liberty, An Post Insurance (AIG IIFC) and Bank of Ireland Insurance (RSA) were the most competitive I came across...

Edit; we're both 31 living in a quiet rural area and cars stored on private property
    Last edited by Trial_S15; 17-05-2016 at 12:35.

Rides
    Ireland + Performance car = stupid amounts of £££s

I would get rid, its not worth 4 figures.

Rides
    Can't wait for my renewal letter at the end of July... :rolleyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    update to the above, I went with AIG in the end as they were the best on coverrice by a long ways.

900 quid Fully comp with all bells & whistles, 2.0l VW, me on a full license and her on a provo for >1 year.

I've seen people talking about Octane the past week on Facebook. Apparently available through Campion for performance cars.

Rides
    I'm with Octane through Campion was about 750 euro on the S15

2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R

Rides

200sx insurance

Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Yet another poxy insurance thread!

With 16 years NCB, no points in all of that time, my renewal has just come in as €1610!!! W-T-F?!! They basically lopped 1000 quid on top or what it was last year. I haven't paid anything like since I started driving in a Mk.2 Fiesta!
    I've been ringing around and getting "Can't quote as the car is too old."

So what has everyone been doing? Are your mods declared? Any advise? You can PM if you want.

Cheers.

Hi I have insured my 1996 modified 200sx on a classic car policy today for £267 with www.footmanjames.co.uk give this company a try will give discount for sxoc members.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bally98 View Post
    Hi I have insured my 1996 modified 200sx on a classic car policy today for £267 with www.footmanjames.co.uk give this company a try will give discount for sxoc members.
    Unfortunately OP is in Ireland where we have about 4 insurance companies to chose from, and all of them are shite lol

Rides
    my insurance will be up too, in the next couple of months.. what sort of excess is it with Octane?

Rides
    I'm going to have some fun getting insured on my yoke once it's on the road!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently