Thread: Laurel RB25DET cutting out

Rides

Laurel RB25DET cutting out

Just got delivery of my long awaited Nissan Laurel from japan, and after a quick oil and filter change I started her up (with the aid of a jump start ofcourse). She starts and idles fine but once warmed up, while sitting in neutral, and after revving above 2-3k, I let off the throttle and the revs keep dropping until it cuts out. I then took her for a drive and when changing down gears to turn a corner it will do the exact same and drop revs until it cuts out.

Really not sure what it could be, going to have a good investigation while I'm off next week and wondering if anyone has any ideas before I get stuck in. Was maybe thinking ICV or MAF?

Rides
    I haven't worked on a RB but perhaps the TPS needs adjusting or replacing? There must be a way of checking values with it or something?

Rides
    Try asking Dynatune in east kilbride. He has lots of experience with RBs and has software to read your TPS voltage. Its unlikely to be the ICV (I have mine unplugged and blocked as all it did was make the car idle at 2000rpm.
    try get a hold of an AFR gauge, you can use that to find out if it dropping revs due to fueling cutting off (which tps does in when it goes into closed idle loop).