Thread: Nissan 200sx S13 CA18DET

Rides

Nissan 200sx S13 CA18DET

Hello boys and girls, I'm Ollie, I've been on here for a number of years after owning a rebuilt 13 when I was 19... 9 years ago

I subsequently destroyed that one as I didn't know how to drive properly (probably still don't) and met a couple of kerbs and just generally didn't look after it...

I'll be using this post as more of a log for myself as to the progress I have made, any advice and problem solving will come with it i'm sure and you all seem like a friendly bunch from what I've read

Here she is/was..

I sold her to a chap in Portsmouth, never knew what happened with it. Anyone on here remember seeing it about at all?

Anyway, A good few years ago I was offered another one by a family friend, it was a one owner, 80 odd thousand miles and un-used for 7 years! However he had left it in his farmyard.. outside... rusting. like this...

I won't bore you all with the whole story but the short version is I used the engine/running gear from this, popped it in a solid shell and that was going to be my base... I ended up replacing the engine with one I bought and was assured it was a gooden... if you call a (what looked like) half eaten valve a gooden then bugger me!

I got fed up and lost interest with the whole thing, life moving on etc it was just sitting in the garage collecting dust, I started to sell the parts off and put the shell up at a ridiculous price (because the mrs said I had to do something with it) to see what sold. It was ianlee73 that came and bought some bits off me, mentioned he had an engine kicking about... explained that it was a non runner etc but it sounded good so I have now taken another punt on it and found a bit of love back for the old girl.

For this first post I'll just post the pics in some sort of order and work on from there...

Painted the bay black

This was the point we put the CA I had back in to find out it was buggered. Fast forward to the present and this is how she stands...

Spec:
    T28 Turbo
    444cc Injectors
    HD Stage 3 ECU
    HKS Exhaust
    Greddy Profec B
    HKS Coilovers
    DW Tension Rods
    Rear Strut Brace
    Relocated Battery to boot
    Removed rear seats/brackets (regret this)
    Manual Conversion
    Z32 AFM
    Walbro 255

Re-built the inlet mani

Cleaned up the T28

After meeting with ianlee73 (nice chap) I roped the step-dad in to come up to Bristol to collect the new CA

When we arrived

Stripped off the auto box along with the Torque converter

As it stood

Started to give it a once over, strip down, clean up..

And then sat my inlet in place because I like shiny things

That's the stage I'm at at the moment, I have the rear main oil seal to replace tomorrow whilst its accessible, pop things back together and get it in the car for the weekend.

TBC...
    Last edited by ollierockk; 19-04-2016 at 13:56.

Rides
    Fair play mate, the engine is started to look good.
    I've just checked on .GOV website & the 1st S13 hasn't been mot'd since '08.

Rides
    Sold it in 07 so must have been broken up or something. Got a full day on the engine tomorrow so will have an update to wack on here

Rides
    Spent yesterday working on the engine a bit more, taking bits off, cleaning them up and a general once over...

Head/Block painted

In the middle of replacing the RMOS, just waiting for the gasket.

Had some help from Hugo...

Then replaced the rocker cover gaskets and gave them a coat of Nissan Red

The closest comparison picture as a before and after... shocking photos!

Got the T28 setup and plumbed in, braided lines on etc... Inlet is bolted in place just need to go round it making sure everything is plugged in and clipped on correctly.

Aiming to get it in the car this Sunday and give it a whirl.

Ollie

Rides
    Sundays work consisted of the following...

RMOS replaced

Got the engine up on the crane, took it off the engine stand and attached the gearbox etc... Turned the car around and popped it in.

Help from the little brother...

and in..

She started first time, then run out of fuel. It was getting late so I got some fuel ready for yesterday after work. Tried again and she wouldn't start, checked the basics etc and went to take my plugs out, they fell apart as I took them out so I replaced those with some I had lying about and it fired straight away... with a misfire but held its own and sounded good.

I'll order a new set of plugs today and do a compression test Wednesday evening and see how it goes.

Ollie