Thread: SR20 clutch/gearbox experts please read!!!

Rides

SR20 clutch/gearbox experts please read!!!

Hi, I'm after a bit of advice.

I'm having a problem with my clutch/gearbox. My 14a had an rps clutch and cyn-R-G segmented flywheel in when I bought it. The biting point was in the middle of the pedal and felt great, after a few weeks the clutch died.

I replaced it with a brand new exedy 3 puc clutch and release bearing that came with it, but left the flywheel.
    Took out the loop of the clutch line and re bled it, couldn't get it disengage the clutch.
    Pulled the box back out and noticed the ball that the the clutch fork pivot's in had snapped so replaced that with a new stronger one from driftworks.
    Still wouldn't work, re bled the clutch a few times and got it to work but the biting point was right at the top of the pedal.
    Had removed and fitted the gearbox about 4 times by this point, so in my frustration left it how it was.

3-4 months passed and now I wanted to fix it properly, the clutch worked, held and never slipped just didn't like the biting point.
    I had aquired a second hand 5 puc clutch and solid flywheel out of a car I broke for parts, I drove that car and biting point was in the middle and didn't slip.

Fitted that clutch and flywheel into my car with a braided clutch line and the slave cylinder off that gearbox.
    Gearbox back in and bled back up but biting point still high.
    Adjusted the pedal lower to live with it, have done a couple drift days and bites fine.
    But not its got right to very last few mm of pedal travel before it bites and don't think it will last much longer so need to get it sorted before my upcoming drift day.

Have been told there are 3 different length release bearing carriers and mine could be the wrong size.

That's mine

Is this true ?

Any other ideas ?

Thanks
    Liam

Rides
    there is more than 1 release bearing carrier CA SR RB etc... they do vary in length but only by a fraction.

you could try making a longer/shorter push rod for the slave cylinder as a test to see whats going on.