Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubix's New Daily JZX100 Chaser

Rides
    Good effort!

Rides
    I'm really starting to like these, is there anything major to be scared of?

I've got a family of 4 now so the 180 is starting to make less and less sense... Bet it would be excellent with the 1UZ up front.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    I'm really starting to like these, is there anything major to be scared of?

I've got a family of 4 now so the 180 is starting to make less and less sense... Bet it would be excellent with the 1UZ up front.
    Nothing major, the VVTi 1JZ-GTE is a pretty solid engine, the R154 gearbox is a little agricultural so its not a silky smooth shift but its not horrid. The JZX110 has ISO Fix which would be good to have but my car is the secondary car so we only have a belt fitted car seat.

I drive mine daily in town and it will do around 20mpg.

I guess you miss typed as it's not 1UZ, thats the 4.0lt V8, this has the single turbo VVTi 1JZ.

Rides
    Well I was thinking I'd get a Tourer S, sell the 1J and throw in the V8 I'm building is where I was getting to.

Rides
    Ahhh.... I would save yourself the hassle and just buy a E39 M5.

Rides
    I'd still have a high comp 1UZ sat in the garage without a home though

Rides
    All quiet since the last update, I've just been enjoying the car with its new suspension setup and exhaust. Signed up for my first track day in the car on the 28th June, it should be interesting. In prep for this, my stock seats had to go. They were super comfy but had zero support. I finally fitted the some epic Evo 8 Recaros:

I had been curious to know how much boost the car was running due to the turbo not really taking more than 1Bar, I've been happy to find out it's pushing a comfortable 0.9Bar highlighted by my new STACK gauge

I have new brake pads coming too, just going StopTech on the OEM setup as I plan on upgrading to Supra TT stuff next year.

Also, since the car arrived I've had an issue with my headlights being cloudy.

I was scared to do it myself but decided to man up so after a rub down with 600, then 1000, then 1500, then 2000 wet and dry and then a finish off with G3 polish and a UV protective sealant....

You'll notice the missing fog lights, these were taken out to do the same, but they are beyond repair IMO, so I'll buy some more from Yahoo! auctions in the coming months.
    Last edited by Rubix_Cube; 19-06-2017 at 07:47.

Rides

Rubix's New Daily JZX100 Chaser

I was hoping you wouldn't update this because every time you do I have to look at what chasers are for sale at the moment

Hope the track day goes ok, is it coming to the weekender?

Rides
    It is coming to the weekender with the plan of a little track and a little skid. Factory LSD with 100k miles on it and stock clutch may limit skid potential though LOL

Just got my BC Coilover extenders through, minor mod, but it keeps in with my want to keep the car as usable as possible and these mean I can keep my rear interior in and adjust my dampening any time I need. FYI I've been rocking the BC coilovers on full soft for the past 2 weeks and its amazing! I'll harden it back up for track but I've never had coilovers before that you can feel a big difference in dampening!

Rides
    That's a tidy looking motor, mate and looks to be a nice place to be inside of too. Sometimes less is more when it comes to modding road cars.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Cheers Jonny, I'm determined to keep it road focused with my daughter in it most days.