Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S13 wiper pivot assembly

Rides
    That sir is a business right there haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Just an update my pivot assembly came today and it looks to be 33 quid all in. As there no demand for duty or anything

Rides
    Well done. When they sent mine it came parcelfarce and they hit me for the duty and demanded a £13 admin fee for paying the duty and didn't deliver the goods. I then had to pay the fee and the duty AND go and collect the bloody thing

Maybe Amayama have wised up. Who delivered the parcel ?

Rides
    i wasnt in and they left it next door so i dont know if that makes a difference but it was parcel force worldwide that dropped it off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    3d print one ?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28948

it sounds stupid but you can usually find local places that will 3d print from your designs

you could also use somewhere like https://www.3dhubs.com - they'll 3d print and ship to you. bit more expensive, I just fed in the two designs from thingiverse printed in nylon and it's about 60 euros for it all, so about £45.

that's the complicated way to do it.

I'm pretty sure I used almera ones from a breaker (was it me that mentioned it in a thread?) and got all the bolts out and epoxied some new ones in. stainless coach bolts probably would have been a better idea.
    I design a lot of stuff to be 3d printed and use 3dhubs. You can get them printed in the uk and with you within 4 days for about £30. Also don't use Nylon as it absorbs water, go with PLA its harder, but for anything actually in the engine bay go with ABS as the glass transition temperature is higher so will cope with heat better.

Rides
    I'm the guy who created the design on thingiverse. I've had a PLA version of the pivot mount sitting in my car for nearly 4 years now and it's still working fine (although the heat may have made it unrecognisable). If anyone's interested, I can print up some ABS or Nylon copies for a reasonable price.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsthislump View Post
    I'm the guy who created the design on thingiverse. I've had a PLA version of the pivot mount sitting in my car for nearly 4 years now and it's still working fine (although the heat may have made it unrecognisable). If anyone's interested, I can print up some ABS or Nylon copies for a reasonable price.
    How much would they be?

Rides
    Warwick uni quoted me £15+Vat each to 3d print them, but that was in ABS not Nylon.

They said that the printer capable of handling Nylon is a pricey bit of kit?
    S13 No2 :: Refresh in progress

Rides