Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S13 wiper pivot assembly

Rides

S13 wiper pivot assembly

Hi guys. after putting up with squeaky wipers for ages. I callied nissan today. But this part is no longer made apparently and I've found an American company selling the oem parts but it's obviously for left hand drive. My question is will there be a difference between these parts from RH to LH

Thanks mike

Rides
    I fixed mine with pivots from my 14a breaker, from what I remember they were the same part and fitted fine
    possible another rusty old datsun (nissan from same era/age) shares same parts?
    save ordering from the US of 'how much is that Freaking postage?' A
    I would guess they are same lhd and rhd

Rides
    In doing some reading. Somebody stated Almera wiper pivots were the same part number but I can't confirm this. Tbh I don't mind ordering from America for a genuine correct part. Just need to know if the pivot assembly isn't set for which side the driver is sat and which direction the wipers sit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rides
    3d print one ?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28948

it sounds stupid but you can usually find local places that will 3d print from your designs

you could also use somewhere like https://www.3dhubs.com - they'll 3d print and ship to you. bit more expensive, I just fed in the two designs from thingiverse printed in nylon and it's about 60 euros for it all, so about £45.

that's the complicated way to do it.

I'm pretty sure I used almera ones from a breaker (was it me that mentioned it in a thread?) and got all the bolts out and epoxied some new ones in. stainless coach bolts probably would have been a better idea.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    I saw those on thingiverse I wasn't sure if it was legit or not haha. God dam these cars becoming classic and I can't go to nissan anymore and be like I want this this this oh and this the chaps at conceptzperformance did a part search for me and RH and LH do share part numbers for one of the pivots but not the center pivot (the one I need) sighhhh

Rides
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?4...-wiper-linkage

This was the thread I was referring to. And I've just noticed he gives the same part numbers as what conceptzperformance do so now I'm confused I thought I was looking for 2885035F00

Rides
    http://nissan4u.com/parts/200sx/el_s...llustration_2/

using these part numbers..

http://www.courtesyparts.com/oe-nissan/2885040f00

http://www.courtesyparts.com/oe-nissan/2886035f00

did you actually give nissan the part numbers or did they just tell you?
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Yeah see those parts are for the lhd and that's the same as what the American guy had. 2885035F00 is what comes up for the rhd according to him using nissan fast. I gave nissan the part number you've just given alan and they said it doesn't exist so he would search for it and get back to me by using my license plate number. He called back and gave me the news so I'm guessing he had the 2885035F00 part number as he should be using FAST

Last edited by fikemoo; 04-04-2016 at 18:27.

Rides
    I bought this item from America, priced with delivery and no further taxes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-OEM-9...RVhQYL&vxp=mtr

It isn't the right part for a UK S13, as the spherical balls on the end of the lever are too small. HOWEVER the plastic triangle bit, ie. the bit that wears, is exactly the same as the UK S13 plastic triangle bit.

if you're reasonably handy with a small screwdriver and haven't thrown away the old one it is a simple job to disassemble the old one, take off the circlip, clean up and reassemble the shaft into the new plastic block. Job jobbed and a good deal cheaper than Nissan UK prices.

It may be that someone can provide a better US link to something with the right size spherical ball ends, but do beware taxes and import duties.

Rides
    Ok thanks for your suggestion its deffo something to consider as taking something apart and rebuilding two things in to one isn't a problem for me as long as you aren't having to modify something so the other will fit sort of thing haha. Your the second person to mention it's the triangle that is at fault which I find interesting as I was always under the impression it's the bush that is. What's highlighted in this picture:

Rides
    The triangle thingie is the bush. Its just made from nylon and gets worn oval when not greased regularly (ever).

I sourced genuine RHD Nissan ones from Amayama but they turned out to be more expensive than advertised. They were the right bit though...

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?5...-old-car/page3

Posts 62 to 68

Rides
    ahh i see thanks for the info i am now educated so am i right in thinking i could get a LHD one which will be genuine nissan and just swap the bush over to my mech? because surely it would only be the mech thats different determing whether its RHD or LHD ie different part numbers

Rides
    The wear on the connecting rods is usually in the plastic bush that comes with the rod and not the balljoint so as long as you clean up the pivot to remove rust and grease it up good, you should be alright.

How much cheaper is it from the US than £40 each ? (what I paid from Japan).

Rides
    https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...00_p_20586.php thats the one there, which i work out to be around 26 quids

Rides
    £28 plus postage plus import duty plus VAT plus import duty admin charge (£13 on its own).

I bet it costs you double that when you count it all up.

Rides
    I was lucky enogh to get a second hand set last week however i contacted wilsons of epsom before who are a nissan stockist and they could get them direct from japan with a 28 day wait

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    £28 plus postage plus import duty plus VAT plus import duty admin charge (£13 on its own).

I bet it costs you double that when you count it all up.
    If you look at the link I quoted it works out at $21.45 + $18.12 = £27.70 delivered to your door through the Global Shipping Program with no additional import charges on delivery. Price includes duty and all admin to your door, does what it says on the tin. Then a wee bit of simple spanner work to change over the spindle and away you go. Simples.

Rides
    Yeah I think I'm either going to go with what jonny suggested as I got myself on ammayamma or however it's spelt lol. As they can get the part from Japan for 15 quid then duty shipping etc or go with what rochester suggested

Rides
    Just an update so people know. Ended up going with amayama as they can get it for sure and it ended up 33 pounds delivered which I thought was pretty good. Then the little bit of duty etc on top

Rides
    After I bought mine, I thought I should have ordered 5 of each side and 3 sets of arms.

I'd have only had to pay one admin charge and could easily have flogged the others on within the club within 3 months.