Thread: Fuel level float/tube problems

Rides

Fuel level float/tube problems

Right every time I go on a drift day My fuel level float/tube seems to unmount itself and ends up just swimming around inside the tank! This gets annoying as I can't ever tell how much I have in the as i can put 20 quid in and because it's not in the right place I can see a full tank on the clocks.

Just wondered what people have done in the past to sort this problem. I tried removing the metal hanger that it slips into but it doesn't seem to want to come off! (Though it slide off like the fuel pump hanger does)

Starting to get annoyed with removing the topic the fuel tank to reattach the thing so I no how much fuel I have plus it's irritating listening to it rumbling around inside the tank whilst driving around!

Any help on bodged and fixes for this would be a great help

Rides
    anyone have any info

Rides
    I would get hold of another sender if I were you. Once the whole assembly is located in the groove inside the tank the float should only move up and down with the fuel level. Never heard of one coming loose before.

Rides
    The whole tube that the float is in comes off its hanger it's like a long rolling pin sized thing

Rides
    Mine used to do this all the time, but touch wood the last time I put it back on it really rammed it onto the metal hanger inside the tank and it seems to have gone on a bit further and stayed there, haha.

It's a bit brutal but I think I was just being too gentle before

Seems to have worked anyway..

Rides
    Can you get in there with a welder?

FS: HKS SSQV recirc inserts, S14 eccentric rear arm lockout washer kits

Rides
    There is a little tab that should spring up after you push the bit on to latch it in place. My old car lost its one a couple of times but the one I got from a breaker needed the tank cutting open to get it out.

You can bend the tab up but your going to need a cam/ endoscope to see what your doing

Rides
    swapped mine to a new tank at the weekend, slide it back on then get in there with a screw driver and bush the metal tab back up towards the outside of the fuel tank so it keeps it locked in place and the gap is too small for it to slide off, you should'nt be able to slide it off without using a screwdriver to bring it over the tab