Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: My Rbs13 build

Rides
    Small update.
    I dropped my Skyline cross member off at the media blasters yesterday so I hope to get that back by next weekend.
    I prepped the other rear wheel. Started with my palm sander, then 240 & 120 coarse paper, then a sanding sponge, then fine wire mesh. Finally I etch primed. Next was to sand down any flaky areas with 1000 & 1500 wet & dry before another coat of primer.
    Today I had a delivery, 16 cans of satin black paint so I'm hoping to have the 2 rear wheels finished tomorrow.

I have tomorrow off so weather permitting I want to fit the fuel lines from the fuel tank along the chassis rail & the braided brake line along the same side.
    I'm also going to start refurbing the steering rack & brackets.

Rides
    Very interesting thread! Will be keeping an eye on this . Out of interest, how much were the Hard Race arms etc?

Oh by the way, thanks for the suggestion in my thread about removing the subframe bushes, worked like a charm

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    Thanks dude, I bet your surprised I've still got it?
    No mate, I think you enjoy building them more than driving them though tbh
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    No mate, I think you enjoy building them more than driving them though tbh
    Ye that's true for nearly every project I've ever done but this one seems different. I'm really looking forward to the RB conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstormer View Post
    Very interesting thread! Will be keeping an eye on this . Out of interest, how much were the Hard Race arms etc?

Oh by the way, thanks for the suggestion in my thread about removing the subframe bushes, worked like a charm
    No worries mate always happy to help

As for the arms I'd have to look at the receipts & I'm too scared to dig them out!!

Back to the car. I finished painting the rear wheels today. Really pleased with how they come out.

I then started on the steering rack, brackets & arms. Stripped cleaned, wire wheel & sanded then primer & paint. I also wire wheeled the hard lines.

Rides
    Got my Skyline subframe back from the blaster so I gave it a quick coat of primer.

Also finished my 2 rear wheels.

Rides
    looking good bud its coming on well, whats the benefit of the skyline subframe or is it easier as you going drop an rb in it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by john905 View Post
    looking good bud its coming on well, whats the benefit of the skyline subframe or is it easier as you going drop an rb in it?
    There's a big debate which is the better route to take but after reading up I decided on the RB subframe just because.
    I ended up working all weekend so didn't touch the car.

Got home this evening & gave the crossmember a lick of paint.

Also these puppies where in my porch when I got home.

Rides
    Fitted my steering rack to the Skyline subframe with Superpro bushes.

Fitted my Brand new coilovers.

Fitted my Rotas with my new slim line wheel nuts.Then I removed the axle stands & dropped the car on the floor.

Pretty much on hold now until my mate comes over to finish welding after his welder packed in the last time he was over. ):
    Everything is ready to reinstall the front end, all the brackets are painted & all the bushes are fitted.

Rides
    Great work there mate, it's a pleasure to *watch* such a restoration

Rides
    Thanks mate your 180 has been a very inspirational build for me over the years.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    Thanks mate your 180 has been a very inspirational build for me over the years.
    Wow that's great to hear! Thanks mate. I think yours is going to be way cleaner under the paintwork haha. Fingers crossed I have a new one towards the end of the year and it all starts again!

Rides
    I've neglected this thread & the project recently, after having my driveway done & spending thousands on it I needed some time to recoup the costs.

The pics aren't updated as it doesn't show the railings or the drop curb finished.

Rides
    The cars been up my unit for ages waiting for a 'mate' to finish my tubs. Unfortunately he turned out to be a waste of space & after taking full payment he never came back to finish the job. Still lesson learnt, I won't bother with him again.
    In the meantime I've been painting a few things & prepping the inner arch area ready for paint.

R33 crossmember fitted with my s13 steering rack.

Dash brace primed.

Dash brace painted.

Then started on the engine bay & arches.

Rides
    Then I finished painting my wheels.

I also cleaned up my steering column & fitted the solid bush.

Since starting the project I've decided to go on a less conventional route so I've sold my RB skyline conversion & I'm going 1uzfe V8 like this one.

I've got a donor Ls400 & I've already got a 6 speed is200 gearbox with an Mr2 turbo clutch & flywheel. I've contacted a company in the states about engine mounts & a company in Ireland to carry out machining of the bell housing for the 1uzfe starter motor & an adaptor plate to mount box & engine together.
    I know of a few issues like the cmc & sump but I'll sort any issues as I go.
    I'm going to have some manifolds mate but unsure by whom yet & then a full custom exhaust.

I just fancied an N/A engine with loads of grunt & a great V8 soundtrack.

Rides
    I've had an up & down Xmas. I had hoped to sell one of my other projects to really kick this one into gear but that's literally just fallen through. So I'm going to shelf that one & concentrate on this bad boy.
    I Finished the tubs, fit & fettled the front wings. I cleaned all the crap off them, gave them a brush of de-ox ready for zinc primer & underseal.I also completely stripped the passenger inner wing & primed.
    I then fitted my Hot road front bumper. It's easy to see it's a genuine kit as the fit is perfect.

I also bought a nice 330mm Wilwood brake set up. I've had this set up on my old s13 & is perfect.

Rides
    Front bumper looks good from the side, assuming it's going to be good from the front too.

Rides
    Fantastic work mate FairPlay. A lot of effort you have gone to getting bits cleaned and painted takes ages keep the updates coming

Rides

Test image, given up with pb so giving imgur a go,

Rides
    Right I've been mighty busy on the car lately. I finished fiTring the braided fuel lines under the car & mounted the fuel filter above the rear subframe to make room in the engine bay. I also fitted the long braided brake line.
    I picked up my rb engine & box.

I then ordered a Syko performance mouting kit from the states.

I then rebuilt the engine bay & mocked up positions for the fpr, power steering pot & oil catch can. Clocked the turbo & mocked up my fmic.

Rides