Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Rbs13 build

Rides

My Rbs13 build

Over the years I've had 3 S13's, 2 S14's & a few Skylines.
    I've always dipped in & out as I can't seem to give them up, to the point that I owned my last car twice.
    This one came up on Ebay so I went & had a look, had a really good chat with the Gentleman owner & was happy to start bidding.
    Despite it's looks the chassis is absolutely rust free.
    The body has dings & dents all over it & it has a sunroof.
    It's also auto but that won't matter.
    The bootlid is shot to pieces with fist size holes in it.
    It has a full interior & the car is totally standard.

I've tried to get it running but I think the pump is shot to shit so for now I started stripping the car.The interior came out with no problem, just need to undo the matrix pipes & I can pull out the heater.

Every bolt tried to snap so used a propane gun & some freeze spray to strip down the front end.
    It's obvious that the car has lived in Cornwall for many years as even though it isn't rusty all the mechanical parts have excessive surface rust.

I've already ordered Godspeed arb's,
    Full abs delete braided brake line kit,
    Solid steering bush,
    Arch roller,
    Front & rear 5 stud hubs.
    I'm on the look out for 350z Brembo brakes & a decent set of coilovers.

When the chassis has been stripped I'm going to clean the underside & schultz like I did my old car, then I'll rebuild the chassis to a roller then my mate Dave is going to sort all the bodywork & respray the car in the new Nissan Skyline GTR gun metallic grey paint code KH2.

Here's the best bit.......
    I'm pulling out the ca engine as I've done them too death but I want to get it running 1st to sell on.
    I'm fitting an Rb25det engine with front facing plenum & top feed fuel rail, topmount turbo, gearbox & crossmember.
    Here it is.

Enjoy everyone & feel free to abuse, I've heard it all from you lot so many times.......

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice work, when's it for sale?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Bags I the automatic gearbox....

GLWP

Rides
    Shotgun the Rb

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nice work, when's it for sale?
    No need for comments like that is there? However............

Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post

GLWP
    If you really want it then of course it's yours, free to collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Shotgun the Rb
    Will be making a custom exhaust for sure, something to wake the neighbours is always on the cards.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha, yeah it was a low blow. Sorry
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Ha ha, yeah it was a low blow. Sorry
    Knowing me you're probably not that wrong!!
    I really do like this car though, after climbing underneath & stripping the interior it really does look like I've got a 'golden egg' S13. I have light surface rust on the inner sills & a few scabby marks on the radiator core but that's about it, so far!

So I've started to strip the engine bay. I removed the steering column, brakes servo, abs unit & all steel brake lines, the carbon cannister & pipe work. I'm going to have to cut off the exhaust as all the bolts are really rusty & rounded off. Also had a look at the turbo & 3 of the 4 mounting bolts where missing. Turbo looks really tidy though & has no play at all.

Going to try & sort out the starting issue as I'll need to get it going to be able to sell it. I have no voltage at the fuel pump plug even though the relay is working & the fuse is intact. Don't know if it's a neutral start issue!?!?

Rides
    Decided I just wanted to crack on & strip the car.
    Pulled all the looms through the car, seperated the interior loom from the ecu loom & the engine bay harness.
    I then jacked up the car & began stripping all the front supension ready to clean.
    I'm going to cut off the exhaust & then undo the front crossmember & gearbox & pull out from underneath the car.

Only issue to date I've managed to break 2 of the captive nuts that hold the diagonal suppports that the arb bolts too. This means I'm going to have to grind off the bolt & hope I can pull out the broken insert.

Rides

Rides
    Shame you didn't get the CA running first, I've a couple of mates who are looking for a working CA locally. Any idea of the mileage/history? PM me if you like

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Ian, looks like you're really doing a good job on this. Can't wait to see some more updates!

Looks like you've moved too? Let me know if you ever want a hand on a weekend as I'd love to help. Would be good to see Davey's place also. That engine is going to go well!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Shame you didn't get the CA running first, I've a couple of mates who are looking for a working CA locally. Any idea of the mileage/history? PM me if you like
    It's got just under 100,000 miles on the clock. It turns over & tried to fire but I couldn't get any fuel up to the engine.
    If you know anyone that wants it giv me a shout or I'll keep it,strip it,clean & rebuild it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Counteract View Post
    Ian, looks like you're really doing a good job on this. Can't wait to see some more updates!

Looks like you've moved too? Let me know if you ever want a hand on a weekend as I'd love to help. Would be good to see Davey's place also. That engine is going to go well!
    Still in the same place mate just had a tidy up!!
    Your more than welcome to come over & help.
    Next jobs are to remove the subframe,petrol tank & clean the whole underside of the car so I can underseal it. Bring your scruffy clothes over because it's going to be messy.

Rides
    I've gone up in the world, I've got overalls now! I'll give you a ring when I've got the chance and we will organise a day of it!

Rides
    Nice. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nattman View Post
    Nice. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, it's getting there.
    Today I stripped the rear end, removed the complete rear axle & dropped out the fuel tank. I emptied 40 litres of 10 year old petrol from the tank, which was nasty.
    I stripped the fuel & brake lines out from under the car.

Going to start cleaning the underside from the back to the front then underseal the car.
    I'm going to buy a nut insert gun to replace a few broken captive nuts.

Rides
    Undid the last few bolts & dropped the engine onto a trolley.
    Randomly I went to buy some parts yesterday & ended up selling my engine to the guy so did myself out of a few useful parts!!!!
    I did receive my wheels today, standard Oem Gtr wheels.

I've got a few more things to strip off the underside of the car then I can drill out & remove a few broken studs & sort out one ara that needs a patch. It's where the original inter cooler pipework passes through the inner wing. The metal seems really flimsy so I'm going to plate it. Also need to remove the battery tray & a few brackets from the engine bay.

Rides
    good work mate its coming on well

Rides
    I sold the engine at the weekend & as a bonus the gearbox went with it so no scrap to do away with.
    Today I went round the whole car & using a propane gun I removed any broken or seized bolts.
    I also removed the fuel & brake lines from under the car.
    I even managed to strip the subframe down. It was a bitch so out came the propane gun to undo nearly every nut & bolt.

Tomorrow I've got the drive shaft nut to undo, cut off the lower ball joints front & rear & then remove all the original bushes before all the parts go to the shot blaster.

Rides

Rides

GLWP
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    If you really want it then of course it's yours, free to collector.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    I sold the engine at the weekend & as a bonus the gearbox went with it so no scrap to do away with.
    Noooooooo............

My fault, didn't keep an eye on your thread or notice your kind offer until today and too late !

Offer was pretty decent of you and much appreciated, even if it didn't come to pass. Best spirit of SXOC and all that.

Project looks good, following your progress with interest. Wouldn't mind knowing how much you end up paying to have the rear subframe and arms sandblasted and coated - got all the parts waiting to do it myself, but no idea how much is a fair price.

Cheers

Roch