Thread: Camber issues, any advice?

Rides

Camber issues, any advice?

Hello, I'm getting them typical camber wear issues on the inside of the rears . Trying to figure out what adjustable contraption to buy? there seems to be a few different adjustable arms I can buy but which is the one am after? lower or upper ect.

Also I'm running 9.5j on rears with 265's if I get the wheel sitting straight will I then suffer tyres rubbing on the arch as it's slightly tucked behind the arch with the camber as it is, only just missing now just sitting nice without scrapes. Maybe get thinner tyres (slight stretch) then adjust? Any advice appreciated

Rides
    Any help??

Rides
    If you get something like this:

http://www.driftworks.com/driftworks...3-r32-z32.html

They will allow you to correct the camber.

When you bring the wheels more vertical it will cause arch rubbing on standard arches almost certainly, how much depends on the offset of the wheels.

It would be worth going somewhere to have the alignment checked, as unless it's over a lot of miles or lots of wheelspin happening, camber doesn't tend to wear tyres too quickly.

Rides
    I'm assuming you've got some coilovers fitted and lowered the car, in which case you've probably got some toe in and negative camber. Get some adjustable rear toe arms and adjustable rear camber arms, and get it corrected. You can have the camber/toe set at whatever you desire - I run -1.5° camber and 5 minutes of toe in per side. I'd probably run some 255 tyres rather than 265... I have 255 on my 10.5j rears.

Rides
    How much camber are you running?

I have 9.75j on my rears (225/40s for reference) and around -3/3.5 degrees camber on the rear with no issues

Ry

Rides
    Best bet is to go to a wheel alignment place and see what the wheels are doing. My bets are if you're getting bad inner edge wear then you're toeing either out or in, as that will do more damage than camber itself. That way you also will know if you need to replace anything as well.

Rides
    Cheers for the help. Not sure what camber I've got, did have some kid at Kwik fit messing with the rear toe. Apparently he sorted it out.. All i know is I've pretty much gone through good tyes in a few months and I get loads of wheel spin (like no traction at all in first)

Rides
    If you've lowered it a lot and you don't have adjustable rear arms then you won't have enough adjustment to correct it, full stop.

If you don't get some adjustable arms and get it properly seen to, you're going to struggle with traction, unpredictability in the wet etc. Before I got mine corrected, it'd be tragic even into 4th in the wet, no confidence in it at all.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joeshaw123 View Post
    If you've lowered it a lot and you don't have adjustable rear arms then you won't have enough adjustment to correct it, full stop.

If you don't get some adjustable arms and get it properly seen to, you're going to struggle with traction, unpredictability in the wet etc. Before I got mine corrected, it'd be tragic even into 4th in the wet, no confidence in it at all.
    Wish I knew all this when I bought my first ps, guy had lowered it on standard arms and sounds like your car was just the same as mine