Thread: Engine mount thread.

Rides

Engine mount thread.

I currently have hard race engine mounts fitted, but they sit higher than OEM mounts which is a problem for my new vented bonnet as when its shut its touching the engine.

I'd like to know what mounts you're running and if they make the engine sit higher/lower/same as oem please so i don't waste money buying new mounts only to find they sit the same!

Rides
    I have run the apex mounts for the last 3 years and highly rate them. Personally read too much bad feedback on poly and solid mounts re- vibration being felt in the car.

The Apex mounts also mount the engine at the same height as standard.

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/cat...e52839eea1260f

Rides
    I had difficulty getting apex ones apparently now only sell hard race ones

Rides
    The hard race and apex ones are the same mount. Apex is either HardRace or they are the main UK distributor as far as I'm aware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I got mine a few years ago and they definitely aren't hard race. Although that may explain why they don't do Street mounts and Race mounts anymore.

Rides
    When I ordered some apex mounts they replied in an email that they have been superseded by hard race products

Rides
    Nismo mounts raise the engine a touch, I guess it's because they sag less than old stock.

Rides
    I've got nismo's to fit when I get round to it, I've heard like Immy said they do raise the engine slightly but I'll see much by.

Rides
    Looks like i might have to put the oem mounts back in and see how the engine sits when the bonnet is shut, its weird because the bonnet is a genuine Koguchi one and i'd of thought there would be more room than there is!

Rides
    can you not scollop the bonnet where it touches or will it not work?

i raised my enigne/gearbox on purpose as i wanted more sump ground clearance.

Rides
    Have you looked into japspeed mounts, I know most of their stuff is rubbish but I used them on my CA and they were fine, I think they lower the engine a tad but you'd have to look it up. I think the mounts are same for CA and Sr.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    can you not scollop the bonnet where it touches or will it not work?

i raised my enigne/gearbox on purpose as i wanted more sump ground clearance.
    I didn't want to trim the bonnet, it seems online a few people have trimmed the vent further back to allow room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Have you looked into japspeed mounts, I know most of their stuff is rubbish but I used them on my CA and they were fine, I think they lower the engine a tad but you'd have to look it up. I think the mounts are same for CA and Sr.
    I wasn't sure if the japspeed mounts were going to transmit loads of vibrations or not, i was expecting them to be usual shite lol.

Rides
    Any mount harder than standard will transmit vibrations however it might mean you don't have to cut what I assume is an expensive bonnet.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Any mount harder than standard will transmit vibrations however it might mean you don't have to cut what I assume is an expensive bonnet.
    I agree, but the hardrace mounts i have in there currently are really decent, just make the engine sit higher!

Rides
    how much height would you have to loose? would it be possible to shave some material off the top and bottom of the mounts to get the clearance?

maybe someone with vibra technics mounts can comment on the height they sit at, i've got a feeling they are same as stock but not 100%

Rides
    I've looked into getting lower engine mounts a fair bit before because my twin low exhaust was closer to the trans tunnel than I'd prefer.
    Best option seemed to be from someone on Zilvia.net who makes them. They seem really well made and everyone on there raves about them. He'll happily ship to England too. In fact I'm still after some.. lol. Anyway if I remember correctly they are slightly shorter than stock mounts and ride very well (so say the zilvia members)

Link to the thread: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=515316

There are several options, you can have heat shields to help protect them too.
    He might be up for a group buy discount if a few people want them.. Could save on shipping and duties too??

Rides
    I've got Nismo engine an gearbox mounts and they lift the engine about 6mm at a guess as the strut brace easily cleared then swapped the mounts and I had to tweak the brace slightly as it was touching the writing on the cam cover

Rides
    Could the front subframe be tweaked a bit by cutting the mount points off and rewelding lower

Might be a stupid idea but can't picture the subframe

Rides
    I'll just make the bonnet fit the car rather than the car fit the bonnet i think lol.