Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damson s14a rebuild

Rides
    Bank holiday Monday I went and did a drift. It showed me alot of places that need improvement but as a whole I was impressed and it was fantastic fun.
    The day was designed around twinning and trains and that's exactly what happened, there was up to 7 car drift trains at some points, all with random people made it so fun

Here's a video
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1011200043

I'll upload more videos/pictures of the day later
    Last edited by dannyboy94; 11-04-2021 at 20:23.

Rides
    Here's the track layout, they put clipping points around the track which also made it fun

My mate josh with some random pro

My other mate matt that came and josh

Random train

Another random train

And another video
    https://youtu.be/oQGQKnwKf6Y
    Last edited by dannyboy94; 15-07-2016 at 15:03.

Rides
    Latest job was manifold change as a gasket between the manifold and turbo has blown
    All the nuts came off easy after being soaked in plus gas, only 3 studs unwound

Turbo out, can already see all the exhaust soot on the engine

Whole unit on the floor

Quite a gap there

Gasket didn't look good

New manifold, braided turbo lines and gaskets to go on

Manifold half in, was alot more fiddling to get it in then there was getting it out because the manifold is much bigger

All in

That was the last picture I got but all together and running now spools so much quicker and at lower revs now

I had a new decat pipe to fit which had a built in flexi but was way to short so welded in a extra bit

I also made a battery strap as it was currently loose

Here's what's left of my tyres from Monday
    Last edited by dannyboy94; 15-07-2016 at 15:04.

Rides
    I settled on gold paint for the brakes

Last edited by dannyboy94; 15-07-2016 at 15:05.

Rides
    Not really done much with it recently, having put drifting on hold for a year I kinda lost intrest with it, but got it back the other day and did a few bits
    Made a hard pipe for the airfilter

Fitted some new front tyres

Rear anti rollbar fitted as it didn't have one

Polly steering rack bushes as old ones where shot

And some front tension arms, steering feels much better now

Last edited by dannyboy94; 15-07-2016 at 15:08.

Rides
    right, took a while but edited every picture link so the pictures work again

Rides
    Looking good mate, glad to see another s14a back on the road.

Rides
    Not really updated much, new job with lack of time but it did give me access to do some jobs.

First job was to gas the aircon, I was unsure if it would work as hadn't been gassed for a while after having no engine but it works perfect now

Other job was to change the rear tyres as then only had 1.8mm tread

New tyre size is 245/40-17 instead of 235/45-17 I think look much better

Typical new bits wash

Last edited by dannyboy94; 30-04-2020 at 17:24.

Rides
    Well since last post the car has sat abandoned in my workshop.
    Dragged it out a couple of months ago with a fresh mot it's back on the road

As I stole the wheels off it for my other car I needed some new wheels for it got some 7twenty wheels, fitted some accelera 651 sports on the front and am very impressed, a pair coming for the rear now too!

Got it machine polished up

I actually got it out to sell up and buy an evo but the love it back for it now ��
    Time for more mods
    Last edited by dannyboy94; 30-04-2020 at 17:23.

Rides
    Looks very nice! Reminds me loads of my first Damson almost 10 years ago now!! If you are keen on selling get in touch mate!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tricksieboy View Post
    Looks very nice! Reminds me loads of my first Damson almost 10 years ago now!! If you are keen on selling get in touch mate!
    Unfortunately not any more, enjoy it too much the twice a year I use it
    Currently collecting parts for some more power
    Some blue stuff front pads to fit
    Have a evo 4 turbo sat waiting going to try custom fit
    R35 maf

Looking for some 555 injectors then look into a clutch upgrade

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    I dont know how I didnt see this thread before now but im so glad to see its still alive and on the road (even only twice a year )
    I miss the old girl and love seeing what you have done with her Dan
    If you ever have any questions about the car from my time of ownership (Mid 2006 - Mid 2015) PM me

Ive also still got a spare front dashboard, steering wheel, rear bumper, all the original manuals from Nissan and god knows what else stashed away for it
    Its gone!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyGee View Post
    I dont know how I didnt see this thread before now but im so glad to see its still alive and on the road (even only twice a year )
    I miss the old girl and love seeing what you have done with her Dan
    If you ever have any questions about the car from my time of ownership (Mid 2006 - Mid 2015) PM me

Ive also still got a spare front dashboard, steering wheel, rear bumper, all the original manuals from Nissan and god knows what else stashed away for it
    Some nismo 555? cant wait to get stuck into it again, it still needs rear pocket/ arches sorting eventually, I might get the welding done next

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy94 View Post
    Some nismo 555? cant wait to get stuck into it again, it still needs rear pocket/ arches sorting eventually, I might get the welding done next

Lol sadly not, might still have my originals around from when I got my 720's

My grand plan was to have the rear arches and some new sills put in as part of a full body renewal and respray. When i did the maths and really thought about it it was a choice of dropping another £7-8k on the car to get the best possible job done and keeping her forever or deciding after 14 years of 200sx's to try something new. Thats what finally caused me to sell up, as sad as it was to do it. My 135i is fun but its a very different animal to the SX, and certainly to how S540KOB was for the last few years of my ownership
    Its gone!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyGee View Post
    Lol sadly not, might still have my originals around from when I got my 720's

My grand plan was to have the rear arches and some new sills put in as part of a full body renewal and respray. When i did the maths and really thought about it it was a choice of dropping another £7-8k on the car to get the best possible job done and keeping her forever or deciding after 14 years of 200sx's to try something new. Thats what finally caused me to sell up, as sad as it was to do it. My 135i is fun but its a very different animal to the SX, and certainly to how S540KOB was for the last few years of my ownership
    I basically have the same plan for sills and paintwork
    I had been practicing of another s14a welding up, lucky this one isnt anywhere near as bad!

New metal welded in after cutting out

I also rattle canned the n/s/r quarter that had the worst rust, looks much better, learnt alot of lessons on what not to do but better than rust

Got a rear cusco strut brace fitted, probably dosnt do anything though

Some up to date pictures

Lent my v8 lexus to a friend to go to a jap meet so got pictures together

Last edited by dannyboy94; 30-04-2020 at 17:25.

Rides
    Im pleasantly surprised how well the POR15 underseal has held up in your photos. It was such a messy job to do, I spent weeks under the car with the whole rear suspension and fuel tank dropped out sanding back the old undeseal and surface rust, treating and then painting the POR15 on - theres still POR15 stuck to my garage floor!
    I bought the car from a guy who lived in Weston Super Mare so it had been in a salty environment (and possibly been on the beach) for a year or so, so I was always on edge about it rusting quicker than normal. The reason I didnt go further forward with the POR15 was I had planned to remove the engine again and drop the front sub frame to get that sand blasted and poly bushed too. Best laid plans eh?
    Great work with the welding
    Its gone!