Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2016

Rides
    Yeah I thought that.

I also thought it was interesting that the team refused to give Lewis any coaching on the low power issue he had the other week but can coach Nico through a gearbox problem.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Yeah I thought that.

I also thought it was interesting that the team refused to give Lewis any coaching on the low power issue he had the other week but can coach Nico through a gearbox problem.
    It sounded very panicked though, maybe they thought oh shit we had said it now may as well fix the problem.

Alonsos high speed spin was amazing.

The start under the safety car was abit much I though, maybe for a lap or 2 but not 5 or 6.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Agree with Horner a bit, Rosberg was slow and then he wasn't, but would he rather his driver got a face ful of cogs. I'd rather some coaching slipped through the net and more cars were racing than the alternative.

Very telling that last week was the first time the lead had changed on the last lap in 5 years.

Rides
    I think on the grounds of safety to prevent failure of the gearbox the first message is allowed.

BUT, the 2nd message about shifting through 7th is where he's going to get a penalty from i think.

Overall it was a pretty boring race, Max's overtake on Nico, then Nico on Max, and Kimi on Sergio were the only interesting overtakes.

Rides
    The radio message to Nico was a direct instruction, which is not allowed, and not safety critical in my opinion.
    As above I'm thinking the first message was a panicky thing, and when Mercedes realised they'd f**ked up, thought they may as well continue with the 7th gear message, as any possible penalty had already been earned.

On the scale of F1 boringness, this race was well down the order. Almost every driver had an oopsie into turn one as the track dried out, and the fact that none but Haryanto (and really Alonso) crashed is further evidence how awesome all the F1 drivers really are.

Rides
    Limited radio messages seem utterly pointless, either don't make the cars so complicated or just let them tell the driver what to do.

Why not make them jump out and change their own wheels as well?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    Limited radio messages seem utterly pointless, either don't make the cars so complicated or just let them tell the driver what to do.

I agree i do think its an absolute joke.

As was starting behind the safety car when as soon as it went in 75% of the field went in for inters.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The radio message to Nico was a direct instruction, which is not allowed, and not safety critical in my opinion.
    As above I'm thinking the first message was a panicky thing, and when Mercedes realised they'd f**ked up, thought they may as well continue with the 7th gear message, as any possible penalty had already been earned.
    This

Great race.. Max's pass on nico was brilliant. Driver of the day for me. Great to see Hammy bring it home at Silverstone!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post

The limited fuel is utterly pointless but it's still a rule. Whilst it's in force it needs adhering to.

Rides
    F1 wouldnt be F1 without shit rules made up to make the race boring.

Rides
    Meant to say yesterday that I think the next years cars look good, but surely increasing the fuel allowance is a backwards step.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    Meant to say yesterday that I think the next years cars look good, but surely increasing the fuel allowance is a backwards step.
    Its only 5kg extra, should mean no need for lifting and coasting throughout the race.

Rides
    May be they've done a VW, actually using more fuel than they say. Now they're admitting it in a round about way. Rather see races 5-8 miles shorter, but still using 100kg. Achieves the same result but looks the same to the casual/ critical observer.

Rides
    Still waiting on a bloody stewards decision. How can there be that much debate?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    On the scale of F1 boringness, this race was well down the order. Almost every driver had an oopsie into turn one as the track dried out, and the fact that none but Haryanto (and really Alonso) crashed is further evidence how awesome all the F1 drivers really are.
    I know quoting yourself is bad form
    There was a massive tarmac runoff available that allowed most of them not to crash today.
    maybe next year there should be on the exit of turn1 a vicious gravel trap, or cheaper a concrete wall.

Rides
    Everything in life is improved with a Snake pit.

Rides
    10sec time penalty. Max is now 2nd. NICO has a 1 point advantage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Woohoo!

But .. I'd like to see the team punished more than anything... Seems to me the guys at merc favour nico (just my opinion)

I think the points deduction would have been better if it was 50 (points not seconds) instead of 10 seconds.. And they should have come off the constructors champ points. That'd at least affect merc as its not actually Nico's fault they told him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    That's crap

So Lewis went near the whole GP a few weeks back with naff all power and all it would have cost was a ten second time penalty 6 hours after the race.

Shite

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    That's crap

So Lewis went near the whole GP a few weeks back with naff all power and all it would have cost was a ten second time penalty 6 hours after the race.

Shite
    The engine modes in Baku wouldn't have caused him a dnf, however if Merc hadn't issued Nico the command (before he asked for it) it would have been a certain dnf as he was stuck in 7th gear. The problem is Nico's engineer dropped the ball after by saying yes to Nico's question about shifting through 7th gear, that's where the penalty came from.