Thread: 1996 180SX Type X

Rides

1996 180SX Type X

With a heavy heart I am offering my dream car for sale. I recently underwent surgery on my wrist and don't think I will be able to drive a car like this anymore.

She's a 1996 true Type X with the full genuine OEM plastic kouki kit, she also has the optional extra carbon/kevlar look RPS13 rear centre section.

Milage is currently 97k kilometres which is a little over 60k miles. Still reads in KM/H and still restricted to 118mph, wanted to keep her as unmolested as possible.

I am the first registered UK owner, only been in the country about a year and a half. She has been garaged for the past 5 months over Winter as I refused to drive her in the rain and salt. Have only just got her back out and fitted her new wheels.

Modifications wise she has a set of Apex Gen2 comfy coilovers 5/4 spring rate, a Kakimoto catback exhaust, 2way diff and the wheels. That is it. Engine is totally stock.

I had her MOTd last week and at the same time had a brand new SPEC stage1 organic clutch fitted, the fitter commented on how clean the car was and the flywheel looked brand new. As the box was off I had a brand new OEM rear main seal fitted for peace of mind. I also had the differential resealed and new fluids. She has a 2way diff of unknown make but it locks up amazingly well.

There is not really any rust on this car to be honest. It is all very clean underneath.

I did a 1200 mile road trip through Europe in her lasy year and she performed faultlessly. There are no leaks of any kind, the engine is smooth and quiet, the AC is ice cold.

Things I have done in the last 100miles

New SPEC clutch kit
    New rear main seal
    New front discs and pads, new rear pads
    New Bosch aero wiperblades
    New refurbishment of the LMGT2 wheels
    New diff sealant
    New gearbox oil
    New aircon regas
    New engine oil
    New differential oil
    New coolant
    New limo black tinted windows
    New Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres all round

I recently refurbished my LMGT2 wheels using new split rim bolts, hand polished all the lips and had the centre section powder coated. They are 17x8 ET35 up front 17x8 ET32 at the back. Tyres are 235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all round. These tyres have only just come out and are amazing. I went for chunkier than your average rubber as I wanted the car to look period correct. The wheels were made the same year as the car.

I think its best that I let this go now while everything is new and fresh ready for the new owner to enjoy over summer. I am extremely upset that I have to sell my car, I am always geting told by people what a nice car it is and at least conversation is started with a stranger every time I take her out.

I have had three S13s and an S15 so know prety much everything there is to knowabout these cars. I also joined the SXOC 14 years ago! I am slightly older than your average 200SX owner

Bad points on the car, every car has them, there is a bit of paint hazing on the top of the rear bumper and on the bonnet. My plan is to have it machine polished I am sure that will fix it. The cloth in the door cards is also coming away slightly too. Easy fix but cant do it myself because of my wrist. I also hit a piece of debris in the road with the lower lip of the bumper which has cracked the paint slightly.

I am sure I have forgotten to mention a whole host of things, I will update it with things I remember.

You will not find another 180SX like this one in amazing condition, an unmolested Type X

These cars are an appreciating asset for sure.

Price I feel this car is worth is £8995 as it stands. I will sell it with the 18 inch ultralite wheels for £8500

Feel free to come and view the car, but please bear in mind unless you put the full value cash in my hand you will not be driving it. I shall also not entertain dreamers who want something for nothing. I would like this car to go to a fellow enthusiast who appreciates her for what she is

Thanks for looking

Doug

Last edited by Doug; 17-03-2016 at 15:44.

Rides
    One of the best near stock 180's i've ever seen. Worth every penny of your asking price i think chap. Sorry to hear about your wrist!

Rides
    What a stunning type X you've got there!

Worth every penny IMO.

I think I already know the answer but.... Would you sell the floor mate seperately?

Rides
    this is must resist to buy another 180

sorry to hear that you sell it because of your healthiness. all the best dude

Rides
    stunning car this. worth every penny (even a little cheap imo for the condition... lol)
    very sad to hear your forced to sell. i couldn't imagine having to sell because of health rather than by choice....
    car is a credit to you, and i hope it goes to a very good home. surely, if mine was being sold i'd go after this one ha.
    GLWS
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Stunning example. GLWS.

Rides
    Pm,d

Rides
    Just realised my car is actually a 1997, not a 1996 as stated. Been looking over the import docs and V5 and just noticed the date of first registration is 01/02/1997 and registered in the UK by me on 01/03/2015

Rides
    I sent a PM, but it's not in my sent items. Much confused!

Rides
    is this still forsale?

Rides
    Car is now sold

Rides
    I see the new owner pop up on facebook. I hope he takes good care of it

Rides
    Not surprised it didn't take long to sell. Hope the new owner is/comes on here

Rides
    I will try and get him to join he's local to me and bringing the car to me today actually.

Rides
    I am actually here, just not a fan of my username. Must have registered years ago! Really loving this car a lot!

Rides
    PM a mod to change your user name.... Lovely 180 btw....