Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Films that should not be remade

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Star Trek - oh, too late, it's already been completely ruined.
    I really like the new Star Trek films. Can't stand the old ones though.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Nothing. Remake as many films as you like..... they are all shit and I will always be able to watch the original. It doesn't both me.
    Some remakes are better than the original.

The Thing
    The Fly

for example

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Some remakes are better than the original.

The Thing
    The Fly

for example
    Scarface and The Departed are also great remakes. I should have added extra point that all the modern cash grab remakes...

Rides
    Well arguably most of the recent superhero films are a remake or reboot, don't forget it took ages for Marvel to start producing decent films, even then it was hit-and-miss.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Well arguably most of the recent superhero films are a remake or reboot, don't forget it took ages for Marvel to start producing decent films.
    True. possibly the best Superhero reboot in modern times - Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy

The question is, how many times are they going to reboot Spider-man? I actually preferred Sam Raimi's Spider-man to the last reboot

Rides
    It's possibly gone the way of the Hulk, they've given up and will shove the character into films with a bunch of other heroes.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    True. possibly the best Superhero reboot in modern times - Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy

The question is, how many times are they going to reboot Spider-man? I actually preferred Sam Raimi's Spider-man to the last reboot
    Tom Holland gets his own film in the next 2 years IIRC.

Both had their merits imo, Garfield's Spiderman captured the character of Spiderman better but the original trilogy had better story telling. I don't think Toby Maguire did Spidey enough justice in being teenager-y enough.

He gets a cameo in Civil war which will be telling whether his own films will be worth watching. Thankfully we won't be treated to watching Uncle Ben get killed again and again and again with another set of films.

I hope they do it properly this time because Spidey is by far and away my favourite Marvel character.

Rides
    Toby Maguire couldn't act for shit, by the third film it was painful to watch - you remember the total mess that was Venom??

Rides
    I wish they'd make a decent Fantastic Four.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Tom Holland gets his own film in the next 2 years IIRC.

Both had their merits imo, Garfield's Spiderman captured the character of Spiderman better but the original trilogy had better story telling. I don't think Toby Maguire did Spidey enough justice in being teenager-y enough.

He gets a cameo in Civil war which will be telling whether his own films will be worth watching. Thankfully we won't be treated to watching Uncle Ben get killed again and again and again with another set of films.

I hope they do it properly this time because Spidey is by far and away my favourite Marvel character.
    Interesting points. Tobey Maguire was actually younger when he played Spidey than Gerfield was. But as you said, it was the story telling. Sam Raimi did a far better job IMHO

Personal preference really. Although the CGI in Ang Lee's Hulk was too cartoony, I actually preferred that over the reboot with Ed Norton. Saying that, Mark Ruffalo does the best Banner.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
    I wish they'd make a decent Fantastic Four.
    You're probably going to have to wait till Fox give up the rights to the franchise, their films have been shite and it really needs someone better to have a crack at it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    Mad max
    That was a ****ing travesty of a movie. I absolutely loved the first movie, second was also epic, third one was OK but the remake was a sodding disgrace. 😞

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nattman View Post
    That was a ****ing travesty of a movie. I absolutely loved the first movie, second was also epic, third one was OK but the remake was a sodding disgrace. 😞

Have you watched the originals recently?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nattman View Post
    That was a ****ing travesty of a movie. I absolutely loved the first movie, second was also epic, third one was OK but the remake was a sodding disgrace. ��

Why did you dislike Fury Road.... and if you must know.... its not a remake, it is a sequel . George Miller said so.

I'd also say rewatch the originals. They are good but Fury Road was fantastic movie.

Rides
    I bought the mad max trilogy not long ago.... remembered it being good but 20yrs later...

It's like a homo-erotic channel 5 movie.

The bad guys names humongous and he's clad in leather s&m gear... think I'll give it a miss from now on.

Never mind remakes some films should not be sequeled like the matrix/dusk till dawn and a few others...

Whilst on dusk till dawn am I right in thinking the original film has now been streached over 10 TV episodes using the original storyline?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Why did you dislike Fury Road.... and if you must know.... its not a remake, it is a sequel . George Miller said so.

I'd also say rewatch the originals. They are good but Fury Road was fantastic movie.
    Echo this.

I really enjoyed Fury road.
    I also watched the original films again before going to see fury road and.. They haven't aged well.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    I bought the mad max trilogy not long ago.... remembered it being good but 20yrs later...

It's like a homo-erotic channel 5 movie.

The bad guys names humongous and he's clad in leather s&m gear... think I'll give it a miss from now on.

Never mind remakes some films should not be sequeled like the matrix/dusk till dawn and a few others...

Whilst on dusk till dawn am I right in thinking the original film has now been streached over 10 TV episodes using the original storyline?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Yes. It basically follows the original film, but carrys on past the films final scene. It's ok to be fair.

Eiza Gonzalez who plays Santanico Pandemonium is mind bogglingly hot. The dancing scene in the club is amazing. Better than the film imo.

Re Fury Road. The original 1st and 2nd films are/were great but they have aged badly. I won't even mention the 3rd.
    It isn't even supposed to be a sequel. It's just Mad max story set in the Mad max universe.

I really don't get people who love the originals but hate the new one. Fury Road is the film Miller would have made back in the day if money and the resources had been available.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rides
    One film that should never have been remade...

The Ladykillers!!!

The original 1955 film was, and still is, exceptional. I can't even begin to even contemplate watching the 2004 Tom Hanks version
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Saving Private Ryan (although Shaving Ryan's Privates has its moments )
    One flew over the cuckoo's net
    Marathon Man (Is it safe ?)
    Amelie
    Harvey
    Its a wonderful life
    War of the Roses
    The Graduate
    Serpico
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Thelma and Louise
    The good, the bad and the ugly

Rides
    Oh I'll add Total Recall, as tried to watch the remake only to be bored so ridged with it we couldn't finish it
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...