Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse's S14a progress so far. PIC HEAVY

Rides

Jesse's S14a progress

Hi all

So having been a member on here for quite a long time I thought it was about time I started a project thread and made an effort to try and get along to a few local events and hopefully meet few local members.

So I am now on my 2nd s14a and I love it, I bought it off a member on here so some of you may recognise it. Have done a few bits to it since owning it and have plenty more planned.

So the car the day I bought it looked like this.

Lovely and clean with a nice sensible spec list as follows
    Stage 1
    Decat, Stainless turbo elbow and 3" downpipe
    apex cat back
    apex type 2 FMIC
    K&N filter
    Walbro 255lp/h fuel pump
    Gizzmo MS-IBC electronic boost controller
    HEL stainless turbo oil and coolant lines
    Pigeon mod
    HSD Dualtech coilovers
    kouki spoiler
    17" Rays

First mods were a new deepdish wheel and a random gear knob to replace the worn out stock items.

Stayed like that for a little while until I decided I fancied some new wheels, I liked the wheels on it but the sizing was a little weak. Had a few other things eating up money at the time so ended up going for some Japan Racing JR12's in the meantime until I can afford something better.
    So here they are 17x9 ET25

So old wheels looked like this

New wheels test fitted looked like this (this is with 25mm spacers all round as well).

Lots of arch rolling later we got tyres on and dropped onto the ground leaving this

Which all resulted in this

Was overall really happy with how they fit, no rubbing what so ever but I want to lower the front a good bit more and the rear a little more. I made an attempt but collars were pretty seized up so that is still on the to do list.

Anyway drove around like that for a while and took some pictures.

Then decided the stock seats had to go which resulted in me picking up a lovely pair of DC2 recaros, super happy with how these look in - not far from a factory look and so comfy.

And that is where we are at today, the car is off the road for the winter so its sat inside gathering dust while I plan the next stage. This year on the list is a set of new real wheels (no more reps!), probably some jdm kouki aero and a little more power probably something around the 300hp mark would be perfect. Also needs an alignment which may have to wait till i have decided on new wheels and lowered it some more. I shall be putting it back on the road as soon as the weather improves and I can't wait for this year!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jdukesy; 31-05-2016 at 10:25.

Rides
    This is a lovely s14a! The new wheels are looking good I agree, lowering it a bit more would give you that extra piece of WOOW! Well goodluck with the build. looking forward to see more.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift Kef View Post
    This is a lovely s14a! The new wheels are looking good I agree, lowering it a bit more would give you that extra piece of WOOW! Well goodluck with the build. looking forward to see more.
    Thank you! Yes just need to get the coilover collars free and I will lower it!

Rides
    Not really an update but got my SXOC membership pack through in the post! Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Well done nice looking sx.

Rides
    Is your paint as mint as it looks in those photos!?

Your plans sounds good too; red looks amazing with kouki aero. What wheels are you thinking of?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Is your paint as mint as it looks in those photos!?

Your plans sounds good too; red looks amazing with kouki aero. What wheels are you thinking of?
    Thanks! Yeah it is pretty darn good. The roof is a little patchy but thats really the only bit, it is really really good. Going to get the roof redone and all the bad bits touched up this summer anyway when I get some new aero.

Thinking some work Equips or VSXX's something like that but just keeping my eye out for whatever comes up.
    Last edited by jdukesy; 29-02-2016 at 19:31.

Rides
    Looks awesome in red! I presume V reg means its pretty damn late one too?
    Love the SXOC pack pic, I got mine couple days ago too, everyone loves a goody bag

Rides
    Thanks! It's a 99 yeah, not sure exactly how late though! Yes indeed, wasn't expecting it so a nice surprise, especially the wham bar haha!
    Last edited by jdukesy; 29-02-2016 at 19:31.

Rides
    Another little update ahead of a bigger one hopefully later. Parcel through in the post today.

Rides
    And here it is, can't wait to get it fitted up and painted!

Rides
    Nice work! looks stunning

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Thanks! Also just put a deposit on jdm kouki rear bumper and spats! Very excited!
    Last edited by jdukesy; 05-03-2016 at 06:35.

Rides
    So today I took the car out of hibernation at last! So chuffed with it, after giving the battery a bit of charge it started first time with no problems after sitting for a good few months.

Anyway after I had dug it out it was pretty covered in dust

But a quick jet wash and a little AMDetails snow foam later and she was looking excellent again.

My DC2 lurking in the background also got a quick snow foam!

Anyway, was going to give it a polish and test fit my new bumper but ran out of time. Next up is getting an MOT which is slightly problematic as I don't have a spare cat and don't know any 'friendly' garages near by. Shall get it sorted soon though and hopefully back on the road next month ready for some upgrades.

Last edited by jdukesy; 17-03-2016 at 05:56.

Rides
    Beautiful

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lil specr; 18-03-2016 at 06:07.

Rides
    Thanks! Another small update. Just purchased a genuine JDM Kouki rear bumper and spats, stage 2a ecu and 555cc Nismo injectors. Looking forward to getting it all together now and back on the road.

Rides
    Bit the bullet and ordered a japspeed 200cell sports cat to get the car through it's MOT. Was only £10 more then a stock cat and the same length as the decat pipe that's in there so just did it. Not to mention much quicker delivery and i need it this week. Will decide once it's passed if I will just leave it on or put the decat back on. Not sure if it will be ok with the stage 2a chip and what people's opinions are of sports cats.

Car is booked for MOT and then fitting stage 2a stuff on Thursday, going to get it chucked on the rolling road at the same time just to check everything is healthy and safe. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

Rides
    Sports cat arrived today. In for MOT tomorrow, fingers crossed! I am hoping it should be fine.

Rides
    Through its MOT first time. Very very happy. plus my injectors and ECU arrived today so booked in for a quick power run next Wednesday to make sure it's running safe. Successful day!

Dropped off for MOT

Home safe and sound with my teg.

Rides
    Lovely line-up there mate. Love the JR wheels, and those DC2 recaros look amazing! This man has taste!