Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesse's S14a progress so far. PIC HEAVY

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by northdakota View Post
    Lovely line-up there mate. Love the JR wheels, and those DC2 recaros look amazing! This man has taste!
    Thank you! Very much appreciated! I just made a little bit of an impulse purchase last night and have bought myself a new seat. Think I am going to swap in a black passenger side recaro from my DC2 so it doesn't look so miss matched. Currently looks like this. Either that or I put this seat in my teg and stick with the red recaros. Opinions welcome.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    lovely looking 14 mate, Just curious what rails are you running on the dc2 seats?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by keifer1903 View Post
    lovely looking 14 mate, Just curious what rails are you running on the dc2 seats?
    Thanks! Not entirely sure what rails they are to be honest. They bolt right up though, stickers on them are all in japanese and don't have any branding.

Rides
    Ah no dramas mate was just on the off chance, on the hunt for rails to fit into my 15 so thought these would be the same.. Keep up the awesome build! (Y)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by keifer1903 View Post
    Ah no dramas mate was just on the off chance, on the hunt for rails to fit into my 15 so thought these would be the same.. Keep up the awesome build! (Y)
    I shall have another look just now to double check as I am about to go out and swap a black recaro into the passenger side anyway. Shall let you know what I find.

Thanks shall do! Big changes coming!

Rides
    IMO mate keep the red recaros. Daily friendly and they look the bomb.

Rides
    Another update. Fitted my stage 2a Horsham ECU and 555cc Nismo injectors and got the car on the dyno. Basically the car was great but the clutch couldn't hack it. Turned the boost up to 1.1bar and car made just over 280hp with a badly slipping clutch, so I guess next step is looking for a clutch and then turn the boost up a touch to 1.2 bar and see what we get, I guess it should make around 290 - 300hp which is exactly what I was aiming for. A little annoyed but I was expecting it to slip (just not straight away) but it is no big deal, biggest thing is the engine seems healthy so I am happy. Now to look for a clutch which can handle 300hp/tq - recommendations welcome.

And some flames because everyone loves flames.

On the way home in the pouring rain!

Last edited by jdukesy; 30-03-2016 at 19:48.

Rides
    Another update. Now have a shed full of parts to be fitted which includes
    new jdm front bumper and lip. Jdm rear bumper and spats. Navan skirts. New wheels and a new clutch. So over the next month the car should look a whole lot different. Here's hoping it looks better and not worse haha.

Rides
    Spent the weekend fighting with my coilovers which ended in me winning after hitting them hard with a big hammer.

Also test fitted my new wheels at the previous height. Going to need some tyres before they go on. I'm thinking about stretching a 215/40/18 on to them. Maybe a 225 out back if I can fit it.

looked like this at previous height
    rear:

Front:

Anyway some pictures of how it sits now on the current wheels. It's rubbing on the arch liners a lot and the exhaust now scrapes on everything because it hangs so low! Not sure if there are any cat backs which sit up closer to the chassis.

Last edited by jdukesy; 10-04-2016 at 21:47.

Rides

Jesse's S14a progress so far. PIC HEAVY

Don't worry about arch liners. I've trimmed mine right back so they just cover the door shut.

As for exhaust the japspeed twin downpipe really hugs the chassis and is one of their better items.

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/nissan-200...-downpipe.html

However it does need to be used in conjunction with a S14 elbow and 315mm decat.
    Last edited by Sean-B; 11-04-2016 at 07:14.

Rides
    Ok I shall have a look at them and maybe trim them a bit. Ah cool thanks, I might have to grab that. Luckily I already have an s14 elbow and 315mm decat so sorted there.

Last edited by jdukesy; 11-04-2016 at 11:40.

Rides
    Another update. Got my new tyres put on the new wheels. went for 225/40 uniroyal rainsports all round because had them on the old wheels and thought they were fantastic.

And I discovered that yes you can fit 4 alloys plus tyres still wrapped and 4 new tyres in an sbody, it's just not a good idea.

Tyres going on

Rear fitment. pretty spot on but I need to roll the arch a touch more.

Front is good just need lowered once I have cut out some of the arch liner.

Also got my new clutch fitted, went for an ACT HD organic which is really nice. Definitely recommend it nice feel, slightly heavier then stock but nothing dramatic, just nice and useable plus rated to 360ftlbs so room to push it a bit yet which is good!

Rides
    Right so wheels are on. Ended up taking the spacers off the back for now and ordering Hardrace camber and toe arms for the rear so I can sort the fitment back there as the toe in is horrible! Anyway, car is off to Chizfab on Monday for fitting the arms and fitting some hardrace engine mounts and gearbox mounts and some new discs and pads up front. It is also going in to Neil at Toole Design bodyshop for fitting and painting of my Kouki bumper + lip, kouki rear bumper + spats and my navan skirts so in a couple of weeks time the car is going to look very different and twice as awesome so I absolutely can not wait! In the meantime a few pics of how she is sitting now!

Rides
    Good updates man, car's looking great

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Good updates man, car's looking great
    Thanks!

Rides
    Looking lovely in those wheels. Looking forward to seeing the new kit on shame you're so far away and probably can't make the shows down here!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Looking lovely in those wheels. Looking forward to seeing the new kit on shame you're so far away and probably can't make the shows down here!
    Thanks! Yeah not made many shows but going to try make one or two down south if I can!

Rides
    Looks lovely!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Looks lovely!
    Thank you!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jdukesy View Post
    Thanks! Yeah not made many shows but going to try make one or two down south if I can!
    I'm planning on hitting the sxoc weekender (traveling from aberdeen). Also my club up here should be attending Japfest2 aswell. you can convoy with us if you like :-)