Thread: Hello from the Canary Islands

Rides

Hello from the Canary Islands

Hi!

I registered a few days ago and realized I wouldn't be human if I didn't post a pic of the car so I waited :P. Unfortunately I still don't (more on that further).

So my name is Vincent and I acquired a few months back a 200SX S13 from 1992 (dark grey). I think it originally came from Germany and they came here to Tenerife with it/him/her (not sure yet if it's my buddy or my girlfriend). It's got 240000 km on it and looks perfect except for a rear bumper hit from a garage pillar (courtesy of the previous owner). It's completely stock except for the drift cannon custom made exhaust (catalyzed model but they removed it). BTW I'm thinking about high flow cat because of emissions and mostly the lambda problem.

It had a badly connected boost gauge and a cracked injector (now fixed) but there are still some problems at the moment. Mainly, the metal T-Piece that branches from the coolant main line to the throttle body was corroded and literally exploded leaving me stranded .
    So now it's on a closed terrain owned by the grandpa of a friend. I depend on him, and he depends on his grandpa for me to be able to even see my car. It's been more than a week and it's driving me completely insane. My blood is boiling. So yeah, I couldn't take pics to show here, though I have some of the engine bay.

I'm gonna make a post in the technical s13 forum about the cooling system, I have a few questions. There is also an idle problem but that's another story.

So yeah....I'm new here and actually new to the 200sx and cars altogether. And by new I mean I never changed a tire in my life before getting the S13 (yes, it is that sad). I went for the CA18DET because it's a nice starter engine, fairly simple considering what's out there. I changed the boost gauge connection, injectors, steering wheel, shift knob (those had the "leather" completely destroyed), brake discs and pads, fuel pump (walbro 255) and I bypassed the cold start solenoid and removed the A/C system. And when I can get access to my own car (oh! blood boiling!), I have everything ready for rims (5 spoke satin white), K&N air filter, altezza tail-lights, engine and trunk strut bars, silicone tubing for air and cooling system, throttle body coolant bypass and air regulator bypass (don't need those in the Canary Islands), HKS BOV(I know it's not really necessary but dam it looks and sounds nice), new radiator (stock), aluminium overflow tank, and maybe in the near future change the whole engine harness for a new one (looked on www.wiringspecialties.com but they don't make it anymore). I also need to change the speed sensor because it's dead.

Mmmmh, I think that's pretty much it. I'll post pics when I have them, hopefully when everything is done and looks pretty. Sorry for the testament, I may have let myself carried too much :P.

Well, I'm gonna go write the coolant system post now. So hello again everyone and I hope I will be able to help around and not just be a leeching ignorant!

Regards,
    Vincent

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by suixo View Post
    Hi!

I registered a few days ago and realized I wouldn't be human if I didn't post a pic of the car so I waited :P. Unfortunately I still don't (more on that further).

So my name is Vincent and I acquired a few months back a 200SX S13 from 1992 (dark grey). I think it originally came from Germany and they came here to Tenerife with it/him/her (not sure yet if it's my buddy or my girlfriend). It's got 240000 km on it and looks perfect except for a rear bumper hit from a garage pillar (courtesy of the previous owner). It's completely stock except for the drift cannon custom made exhaust (catalyzed model but they removed it). BTW I'm thinking about high flow cat because of emissions and mostly the lambda problem.

It had a badly connected boost gauge and a cracked injector (now fixed) but there are still some problems at the moment. Mainly, the metal T-Piece that branches from the coolant main line to the throttle body was corroded and literally exploded leaving me stranded .
    So now it's on a closed terrain owned by the grandpa of a friend. I depend on him, and he depends on his grandpa for me to be able to even see my car. It's been more than a week and it's driving me completely insane. My blood is boiling. So yeah, I couldn't take pics to show here, though I have some of the engine bay.

I'm gonna make a post in the technical s13 forum about the cooling system, I have a few questions. There is also an idle problem but that's another story.

So yeah....I'm new here and actually new to the 200sx and cars altogether. And by new I mean I never changed a tire in my life before getting the S13 (yes, it is that sad). I went for the CA18DET because it's a nice starter engine, fairly simple considering what's out there. I changed the boost gauge connection, injectors, steering wheel, shift knob (those had the "leather" completely destroyed), brake discs and pads, fuel pump (walbro 255) and I bypassed the cold start solenoid and removed the A/C system. And when I can get access to my own car (oh! blood boiling!), I have everything ready for rims (5 spoke satin white), K&N air filter, altezza tail-lights, engine and trunk strut bars, silicone tubing for air and cooling system, throttle body coolant bypass and air regulator bypass (don't need those in the Canary Islands), HKS BOV(I know it's not really necessary but dam it looks and sounds nice), new radiator (stock), aluminium overflow tank, and maybe in the near future change the whole engine harness for a new one (looked on www.wiringspecialties.com but they don't make it anymore). I also need to change the speed sensor because it's dead.

Mmmmh, I think that's pretty much it. I'll post pics when I have them, hopefully when everything is done and looks pretty. Sorry for the testament, I may have let myself carried too much :P.

Well, I'm gonna go write the coolant system post now. So hello again everyone and I hope I will be able to help around and not just be a leeching ignorant!

Regards,
    Vincent
    Hi from Madrid

Rides
    Hi from very wet Wales, welcome.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Hi from NE England! #climatejealousy

Bring on the photos

Rides
    S13's rock Hello from a very wet and cold NW England.... also with #climatejealousy
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Hello and welcome to the forum,

Make sure you post some pictures up to make us even more jealous!

You should find all the information you need on here in the technical section, and will have it all up and running in no time at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Hello from Mallorca! Welcome to sxoc

Rides
    Hi from South Australia.

Rides
    Hello from a freezing ass South East of England!

Rides
    Welcome to the club!