Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Dangerous parking" your opinions.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

"Dangerous parking" your opinions.

I know I'm opening a can of worms here but still. We have had a note left on one of our cars telling us we are parked dangerously and almost causing accidents daily. Personally I don't agree at all but then as I have a biased view I thought I'd ask here so I can get flamed they seem to be annoyed that they are parked outside their house yet they aren't outside anyone's homes

This is how the cars are parked (excuse the dirt, I would of washed it normally but I'm being childish)

I guess at worst they are a touch close to the junction but it's a quiet road with room for at least two cars in between ours and the junction.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    In other news the discovery is for sale if anyone is interested
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I wouldn't say so. if its a quiet road then I don't see the problem personally.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    20 cars an hour most likely. Meant to leave ten meters to a junction which id say is less than the gap we've left.

Others tend to park near them which could be the issue.

Rides
    10 meters is a bit over 2 car lengths. That looks to be over 10m.
    The reason for 10m is so a car can pull into the road and stop with enough gap to allow an oncoming car passing parked cars to pull back over to the nearside. Many people are challenged by the idea of giving way to a vehicle that had started passing parked cars before they turned into the road.

I've actually had one twat wag his finger at me when he turned left out of a side road and forced me to halt behind the cars that were parked opposite the junction. Unable to comprehend that "give way" means both ways and the presence of inconsiderately parked cars doesn't change that.

But you may want to park the front vehicle so its rear is just in front of that drain cover and other behind it.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I used to park further back but didn't want to inpead access to the bungalow you can see in the pics. Incidentally I believe it to be them that now have the issue. May knock on their door and ask them

Rides
    Looks legal to me. You can't park opposite a road, but I guess that counts as a driveway in front of the garages.

You should ask how the accidents are nearly being caused.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Looks fine imho not issue at all, petrol bomb the bungalow just to be sure*

*might not be the best idea.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'd be asking many things if I knew who wrote the note. I just want to check that I wasn't being overly unreasonable. I'm not telling them but the discovery is for sale and my series will be leaving with me when I buy a house all being well.

I've got half a Gerry can of fuel in the back so it's an option

Rides
    Can you not park the disco behind the defender as long as it doesn't impede on the bungalow driveway? That way you've left way over 10m before the junction

Rides
    Looks fine to me. If they have time for notes I suspect nothing you do which involves parking your cars where they can see them will make them happy.

Rides
    Which one's supposed to be parked dangerously
    None of them look either dangerous or inconsiderate if you ask me.

If I'm brutally honest, I suspect it's somebody that's taken a dislike to them because they look a bit shabby (that's not me having a go dude, just looking at it from another perspective) but trying to find something to complain about.
    Being stereotypical, I'd guess it's a road full of pensioners? If so it's likely that someone with nothing better to do has taken exception to you not having something 'normal' like a 207 parked outside your pad.
    Only advice I can offer is to just try and diffuse the situation with whoever it is if you ever find out who wrote the note - try and find a middle ground. I know this thread will probably fill up with people telling you to pull petty shit, but falling out with your neighbours just isn't worth it, even if you have to put yourself out (and I'm not saying you won't, your online persona certainly doesn't come across as the awkward aggressive type :thumbsup: )

Rides
    My guess would be the problem is trying to overtake two vehicles so close to the junction runs the risk of someone piling into the road and meeting the overtaker as oncoming traffic.

Why not park on the verge or park one there and one further back ?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    The reason I park up there is to avoid them being outside anyone's house as didn't want to annoy anyone. I'm normally nice until I get annoyed and at which point it's likely not wise I speak to these people

There have always been cars parked there for as long as I remember and expect si is correct that they are "shabby" and tbh that's a polite way of saying it in my eyes (and the dvla agree) my landrover is a 41 year old historical vehicle though

Rides
    Dare I say it's probably a good time to give Warminster Skip hire a call...

Rides
    Nothing wrong with that at all. Throw the note away and carry on parking there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
    Dare I say it's probably a good time to give Warminster Skip hire a call...
    Warminster is quite far, think I could find someone more local

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Nothing wrong with that at all. Throw the note away and carry on parking there.

That's what I've done

Anyone want to buy a landrover discovery td5???

Rides
    Give you £50 for it .

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Not mine so I'll pass the offer on

Rides
    Lol, tell them not to visit the South east ever, I could put up 10 photos a day of cars parked worse than that in Essex
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.